• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] I am legend blu-ray rip & play problem

kmoore88

- I have 6.5.4.4 installed.
- Using PDVD Ultra 9
- I have no problem playing/ripping my other Blu-Ray movies
- When AnyDVD HD is running, I Am Legend will not play, when ANYDVD HD is shut down the disk plays.

- Help
- Thanks

Last edited:
Others have had same problem with this title

I see others have posted having the same problem with this title and PDVD and that Slysoft doesnt want to address this issue - this is unfortunate at three levels: 1) Why not be upfront with this and let prospective buyers know that certain BD titles will not be supported via a PDVD player? 2) Why put "current" customers through the questions gauntlet when you know there are these issues? 3) I see Slysoft is developing their own player...I suspect this means Slysoft will be far less interested in resolving compatibility issues with "competitive" players.

I see others have posted having the same problem with this title and PDVD and that Slysoft doesnt want to address this issue - this is unfortunate at three levels: 1) Why not be upfront with this and let prospective buyers know that certain BD titles will not be supported via a PDVD player? 2) Why put "current" customers through the questions gauntlet when you know there are these issues? 3) I see Slysoft is developing their own player...I suspect this means Slysoft will be far less interested in resolving compatibility issues with "competitive" players.

People providing information when requested is how problem get resolved but since you don't care to provide information I suspect it's going to be impossible to resolve your problem. In the end, the responsibility here falls on you for failing to help anyone to help you.

If the customers don't wish to go through the questions gauntlet then that's just fine by me. Contact Slysoft Support directly. Just realize that regardless how you go about asking for support from Slysoft or anyone else, when you have a problem you always need to provide information so the problem can be analyzed.

I don't see Slysoft's plan to release a player at some point to diminish the support for software players from other companies. What you seem to fail to understand is that some of the software players are simply buggy and it isn't Slysoft's job to fix another software company's broken software. Nonetheless, Slysoft has on more than one occasion resolved problems with playback on third-party software players, however, so your statement about them not being interested in fixing things. It's still not their job, however. The goal is for the software to be used with any software player.

Now, lastly, Webslinger asked you to provide information when you first posted your problem. You never replied back with anything until now. Do you expect the Slysoft developers or other readers of the forum to be telepathic?

Update AnyDVD to v6.5.5.5 and provide information or contact Slysoft Support directly. Either way you will still need to provide some actual information.

Last edited:
I am legend blu-ray

there is an issue with the way anydvd dose this title.

so i used another software Blu-ray to Blu-ray option to make an ISO of I am legend and it plays ok with powerdvd 7 & 8

Because probably the other software does not remove region coding.
did you try to disable the BD live option and see how that works :)

I am legend blu-ray

nothing i did with anydvd would work with I am legend so it would play with powerdvd.
and powerdvd plays i am legend with no problem without anydvd ?

Last edited:

Actually I went directly to support and provided all of the details as well as a log file. My bad for not mentioning that in my previous post.

After several back and forths I was told the problem was with Cyberlink and to contact them. At that point I did some further searching in this forum and found that other customers had the same "exact" issue and that the Slysoft development team knew about it and furthermore were not inclined to address it. I find that disappointing and as a customer I am simply conveying my disappointment concerning that stance. I hope they might reconsider their position.

I fully understand "buggy" software and the finger pointing that goes on, but given AnyDVD-HD is a application SPECIFICALLY tailored to allow HTPC playback for personal use on HDD I would argue the onus is on Slysoft to make their product as compatible as possible with the major blu-ray players. Yes, Cyberlink sucks but it is the best solution for my set-up as the other Blu-ray players have even more problems for my HTPC. Bottom line, the greater the number of problem play-back titles with AnyDVD-HD, the less useful it is.

I did upgrade to 6.5.5.5 as soon as it was released - that did not resolve this problem. Also, retro grading to earlier PDVD versions is not an option I am interested in.

Last edited:
there is an issue with the way anydvd dose this title.

so i used another software Blu-ray to Blu-ray option to make an ISO of I am legend and it plays ok with powerdvd 7 & 8

Thanks, yes - me too, I tried ever possible ANYDVD-HD option setting/combination I could think off including AdBear's folder & ImgBurn thing; no go.

What did you use?---> "so i used another software Blu-ray to Blu-ray option to make an ISO"

Thanks again.

Last edited:
I am legend blu-ray

Thanks, yes - me too, I tried ever possible ANYDVD-HD option setting/combination I could think off including AdBear's folder & ImgBurn thing; no go.

What did you use?---> "so i used another software Blu-ray to Blu-ray option to make an ISO"

Thanks again.

kmoore88 i sent you a Private Messages:

the solution you used is nothing special.
the solution you mention, only decrypts the mts2 files and copies the rest of the files not modified.
you can try the same
a very simple solution you can try is copy the original .jar files and keep moving on too see what powerdvd does not like.

Can someone post a logfile please using the original disc with Anydvd 6.5.5.5?

I am going to start creating a list of discs that won't work with (the latest versions of) Powerdvd when Anydvd is active, but I need logfiles. This doesn't imply that Slysoft cares or doesn't care, but I do feel it's fair for customers to know about what's going on, so I'm going to maintain a list.

Last edited:
I fully understand "buggy" software and the finger pointing that goes on, but given AnyDVD-HD is a application SPECIFICALLY tailored to allow HTPC playback for personal use on HDD I would argue the onus is on Slysoft to make their product as compatible as possible with the major blu-ray players.

If there's an actual bug in Powerdvd, I'm not sure I agree with you. It depends on whether what's happening is intentional.

Can someone post a logfile please using the original disc with Anydvd 6.5.5.5?

I am going to start creating a list of discs that won't work with (the latest versions of) Powerdvd when Anydvd is active, but I need logfiles. This doesn't imply that Slysoft cares or doesn't care, but I do feel it's fair for customers to know about what's going on, so I'm going to maintain a list.

Here you go - Log files attached for Blu-ray version of I Am Legend

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.5.5_Info_G_I_AM_LEGEND_NA.zip
    197.2 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_6.5.5.5_Info_D_I_AM_LEGEND_NA.zip
    212.7 KB · Views: 6
If there's an actual bug in Powerdvd, I'm not sure I agree with you. It depends on whether what's happening is intentional.

Well, here is some additional intell. I created an ISO of the disk in question with a competitive product of SlySofts. I had to disable ANYDVD-HD for it to create the ISO. Once the ISO was created with the other vendor's product I re-enabled ANYDVD-HD and launched the ISO via PDVD 9 Ultra - It played without issue. This "suggests" the problem lies within ANYDVD-HD's decrypting code. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Once the ISO was created with the other vendor's product I re-enabled ANYDVD-HD and launched the ISO via PDVD 9 Ultra - It played without issue. This "suggests" the problem lies within ANYDVD-HD's decrypting code.

That doesn't really explain why TMT2 and TMT3 play the disc fine with Anydvd enabled (I've been told Windvd does as well, but I don't trust the source) as do older versions of Powerdvd (provided you don't update too far). It seems to me if Anydvd weren't decrypting the disc properly, TMT would cough up an error message.

But there's not much I can; Slysoft devs need to take a look.

Thanks for the log files.

Last edited:
Oh wait . . .

clbstor (system32\drivers\clbstor.sys), Version: 5.0.0.3004 (5.0.0.3004)
Company: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
FileVersion: 5.0.3004
ProductVersion: 5.0.3004

Clbstor is from CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable. Uninstall Instantburn. And make sure clbstor is no longer listed in your registry's filter stack by using imgburn.

1. i) Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

You may have to boot into windows safe mode to get rid of clbstor from your registry. It's important to get that removed.

Removed UOPs!

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click ok.

3. Upload a new Anydvd .log zip file using the original disc.

4. Now test with the original disc with Anydvd running in the background.

See if that helps.

kmoore88, I wasn't aware of a problem or that you had contacted Slysoft Support about the issue. Thank you for providing the information.

Knowing the exact version numbers of PowerDVD that are having a problem would be useful. We need to know more than PowerDVD9. Is it specific to a certain build number or all versions. If it worked with some versions of PowerDVD8 or PowerDVD7 and then stopped with newer versions we also need to know what exact versions.

I would recommend following Webslinger's advice and removing the CLBStor filter.

Back