• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] I am legend blu-ray rip & play problem

That's what I though. I'll check my back up later just to verify. I don't remember any issues with it in PDVD 9, but it's possible in the new updates they've screwed it up again

kmoore88, I wasn't aware of a problem or that you had contacted Slysoft Support about the issue. Thank you for providing the information.

Knowing the exact version numbers of PowerDVD that are having a problem would be useful. We need to know more than PowerDVD9. Is it specific to a certain build number or all versions. If it worked with some versions of PowerDVD8 or PowerDVD7 and then stopped with newer versions we also need to know what exact versions.

I would recommend following Webslinger's advice and removing the CLBStor filter.

CLBStor "fix" did not resolve the problem. PDVD9.0.1719.0

CLBStor "fix" did not resolve the problem. PDVD9.0.1719.0

We had you remove it more as a preventive measure to reduce future problems than to resolve this problem. Refer here for a list of bad filters: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15535. Problematic filters can cause all kinds of read problems with SD DVDs, HD-DVDs, and BDs.

The problem with this disc is one that Cyberlink did create with some changes and I have to think it was intentional. When, if, and how Slysoft is going to resolve the problem I simply cannot say.

Currently I Am Legend (Region A) plays alright using:

• Corel WinDVD Plus BluRay 9.0 B14.119 ¹
  • Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3.0.1.120
  • Cyberlink PowerDVD7 7.3.4617.0 ²
  • Cyberlink PowerDVD8 8.0.2217.50 ²

¹ The March, 2009 update for Corel WinDVD broke the DTS decoder so the version listed above is the previous December, 2008 update.
² These are the most recent builds of Cyberlink PowerDVD before Cyberlink began breaking more than they fixed.

Last edited:
Well, here is some additional intell. I created an ISO of the disk in question with a competitive product of SlySofts. I had to disable ANYDVD-HD for it to create the ISO. Once the ISO was created with the other vendor's product I re-enabled ANYDVD-HD and launched the ISO via PDVD 9 Ultra - It played without issue. This "suggests" the problem lies within ANYDVD-HD's decrypting code. Hope this helps.

There is no need to use a "competitive product". Just use ImgBurn to create the .iso from the files. The problem is certainly not decryption, but some blacklisting on Cyberlink's part.

There is no need to use a "competitive product". Just use ImgBurn to create the .iso from the files. The problem is certainly not decryption, but some blacklisting on Cyberlink's part.

If you mean use ImgBurn to create an ISO via AdBear's instructions with AnyDVD-HD enabled, I've done that. It still will not play.

What software did you use to rip with AnyDVD disabled? Did you also use ImgBurn with AnyDVD disabled to rip?

If you created a protected ISO (w If you decrypted the ISO with the "competitive product", why did you have to enable AnyDVD HD to play the ISO?

BTW, I'd recommend anyone who's running into any kind of trouble with PowerDVD 9 to return it while they can, and if they must, buy it again when they fix the bugs. Or else you'll be waiting forever. They have been systematically and willingly blacklisting Slysoft's stuff and getting rid of features and at the same time introducing bloat and stupid bugs, some of which they may even regard as "features" such as the "speakers" options (if they even appear) defaulting to the analog output even if you have HDMI). In any case, with PowerDVD 9 you can't roll back to the time of 8.0.2217 and 7.3.4617 which most of us are stuck in.

Does this foolish disc have BD Live? I can't remember now.

What software did you use to rip with AnyDVD disabled? .

-->DVDFab.

Did you also use ImgBurn with AnyDVD disabled to rip.

--> Yes

If you created a protected ISO (w If you decrypted the ISO with the "competitive product", why did you have to enable AnyDVD HD to play the ISO?.

--> I didn't "have" to enable AnyDVD-HD to run the ripped ISO, I did it as a test as the movie will NOT even play directly from the disk with AnyDVD-HD enabled. As a BTW, I have over 300 ripped DVD's+Blu-ray's, this is the only title I have issues with PDVD9 ISO playback.

BTW, I'd recommend anyone who's running into any kind of trouble with PowerDVD 9 to return it while they can, and if they must, buy it again when they fix the bugs. Or else you'll be waiting forever. They have been systematically and willingly blacklisting Slysoft's stuff and getting rid of features and at the same time introducing bloat and stupid bugs, some of which they may even regard as "features" such as the "speakers" options (if they even appear) defaulting to the analog output even if you have HDMI). In any case, with PowerDVD 9 you can't roll back to the time of 8.0.2217 and 7.3.4617 which most of us are stuck in.

--> I'm not a PDVD9 fanboy but why? I don't have the problems you mention. Have you seen the TrueTheater options available on PDVD9? It makes many of my "standard" DVD's look remarkable. Perhaps these options are available on older versions? If not, there's no way I'm giving up PDVD9.

Also, why would they blacklist just this DVD? That doesnt make much sense - see my previous comment about my other 300 DVD's working.

Last edited:
why are you posting about a DVD in the AnyDVD-HD forum (for HD-DVDs and Blu-Rays) ?

Are you doing Blu-ray or DVD as in this last post you seem to be saying it's a DVD?
It's not just this film that doesn't play back in PDVD 9, there are a few that work fine in 7.3 and 8 as well as TMT 2 & 3, but won't play back in PDVD 9

Last edited:
why are you posting about a DVD in the AnyDVD-HD forum (for HD-DVDs and Blu-Rays) ?

Why are you posting this question? - re-read this thread, the base issue at hand is Blu-Ray and PDVD9 related.

Are you doing Blu-ray or DVD as in this last post you seem to be saying it's a DVD?
It's not just this film that doesn't play back in PDVD 9, there are a few that work fine in 7.3 and 8 as well as TMT 2 & 3, but won't play back in PDVD 9

Adbear, it's Blu-Ray. I'm just countering the "get rid of PDVD9" argument from another poster.

Also, please realize, at this point I am TRYING to HELP SLYSOFT. The other product allowed me to create an ISO of this BLU-RAY title that plays via PDVD9, just like all my other blu-rays - so I have what I want.

Last edited:
Also, why would they blacklist just this DVD? That doesnt make much sense - see my previous comment about my other 300 DVD's working.

I've read your thread back to front and front to back. I'm suprised anyone actually responded:

Have problems? Please answer these questions before posting!

You're posting in a usergroup forum, you need to post a log if you want assistance. You say you've provided the log directly to Slysoft, then why post here too ?

I've read your thread back to front and front to back. I'm suprised anyone actually responded:

Have problems? Please answer these questions before posting!

You're posting in a usergroup forum, you need to post a log if you want assistance. You say you've provided the log directly to Slysoft, then why post here too ?

What part of "I contacted support directly" and provided that info didn't make sense? What part of my "complaining" in a user forum about Slysoft's response to my issue seemed confusing or inappropriate? What part of challenging others when I am challenged is combative? What part of I'M TRYING TO HELP SLYSOFT was unclear?

They didn't target just I Am Legend. It appears they have somehow blacklisted AnyDVD HD. I can't begin to understand it. Now that I've spent more time and actually looked at the disc I know what error you are getting and I've seen it before. It's something that Cyberlink did to PowerDVD because discs that played fine in versions of PowerDVD7 and PowerDVD8 played fine until this problem cropped up in PowerDVD9 and then I believe they made similar changes to PowerDVD8 which is a reason I use an older build. Live Free or Die Hard is another problematic disc.

Last edited:
They didn't target just I Am Legend. It appears they have somehow blacklisted AnyDVD HD. I can't begin to understand it. Now that I've spent more time and actually looked at the disc I know what error you are getting and I've seen it before. It's something that Cyberlink did to PowerDVD because discs that played fine in versions of PowerDVD7 and PowerDVD8 played fine until this problem cropped up in PowerDVD9 and then I believe they made similar changes to PowerDVD8 which is a reason I use an older build. Live Free or Die Hard is another problematic disc.

Interesting - thanks for the info. What seems odd, tho, is if they were "blacklisting" intentionally why does it effect just a few titles, why not all titles that have some sort of AnyDVD HD fingerprint associated with the playblack? <-- More of a rhetorical question.

Last edited:
Interesting - thanks for the info.

This is also why Slysoft is saying the problem is on Cyberlink's end. Why should a disc that plays just fine in the versions of Corel WinDVD, Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre, and two older versions of PowerDVD7 and PowerDVD8 suddenly not play correctly in PowerDVD9. Cyberlink did something to cause this and it now happens in later builds of PowerDVD8.

At present the solution is either use an older PowerDVD7 or PowerDVD8 build or give your money to another company like Arcsoft or Corel. None of the software player companies are perfect by any stretch of the imagination but Cyberlink appears to be the one with the least backbone and most willing to do anything they can to cause problems for their customers. In the end they don't care because they make most of their money off OEM bundling.

I don't know if there will ever be a solution in AnyDVD HD for this problem. It would be wonderful if Slysoft could find a way around the problem but, honestly, this does, indeed, seem like a Cyberlink issue that Cyberlink should resolve. This could cost Cyberlink a lot of customers and it's bad PR but Cyberlink will be laughing all the way to the bank with their OEM deals.

What seems odd, tho, is if they were "blacklisting" intentionally why does it effect just a few titles, why not all titles that have some sort of AnyDVD HD fingerprint associated with the playblack? <-- More of a rhetorical question.

Initially I thought this might be a BD+ issue because I only saw it with BD+ discs but I Am Legend isn't a BD+ disc so it must be something else. BD-Live might be a possibility if this disc has it. I don't even know offhand.

It also happens with POTC 3 which is also BD+ free

Back