• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

8.0.4.2 Beta: How do I use new feature?

Abbadon

Changelog says:
- New (Blu-ray): Added feature, which helps non-licensed Blu-ray players
(Kodi, VLC, Media Players, ...) to pick the correct playlist for the main feature

But I see no setting to toggle, or something else :(. I have the beta installed.

What does it do, how do I use it ?

Thanks!

Probably something anydvd does automatically, not everything it does requires a setting. But i have to admit, curious about that too even though I don't use kodi or any other player like that for Blu-ray. I use powerdvd. Perhaps @James would be willing to explain the magic

Probably something anydvd does automatically, not everything it does requires a setting. But i have to admit, curious about that too even though I don't use kodi or any other player like that for Blu-ray. I use powerdvd. Perhaps @James would be willing to explain the magic

I use the .2 beta and I did see that on the software I use to rip the movie, the recommended playlist now shows at the top of the playlists for Now You See Me 2.

I just ripped a disc to iso, disc.inf has a 'playlists=631' line, but it is not on the top of the list in Kodi (17.beta1).

Maybe Kodi does internally some sorting?

Could be because KODI uses a different numbering system for the playlist selection could be based on title numbers. I know that VLC does it because the correct playlist number was not available to select although it select the correct one for me and it listed the title numbers not playlist numbers. Was only wanting to test it out myself as I mainly use PDVD to watch on PC. Only have VLC for those MKV's made with previous versions of CBD that PDVD doesn't like for some reason.

We definitely could use a little more information about this new feature. Is this something that requires AnyDVD to be running in the background or is it something that's applied to the copy? I'm guessing the former since the players mentioned are all software and since @Abbadon reports his ISO didn't seem to reflect the change (though he didn't mention if AnyDVD was running in the background).

All it does, is shorten the playtime off all bogus playlists, so players that pick the longest playlist will fetch the right one.
Nothing to activate, nothing to click.

I have no idea how Kodi picks the playlist to play, maybe that one just picks any playlist at random.

All it does, is shorten the playtime off all bogus playlists, so players that pick the longest playlist will fetch the right one.
Nothing to activate, nothing to click.

I have no idea how Kodi picks the playlist to play, maybe that one just picks any playlist at random.

Works fine here for me in Kodi, MPC-HC and VLC. Kodi plays the longest track (which thanks to AnyDVD is now the correct playlist)
However I did have to reboot after 8.0.4.2 to get it to work.

Great idea and feature! (y)

I just ripped a disc to iso, disc.inf has a 'playlists=631' line, but it is not on the top of the list in Kodi (17.beta1).

Maybe Kodi does internally some sorting?

It's seems that Kodi now just lists the tracks in playlist/title number order when using it's simplified menu.
If you set Kodi to play Blu-ray discs main movie automatically (not through the simplified menu) it will work and 631 will be chosen.

It's seems that Kodi now just lists the tracks in playlist/title number order when using it's simplified menu.
If you set Kodi to play Blu-ray discs main movie automatically (not through the simplified menu) it will work and 631 will be chosen.

Ah, thanks, good to know.

Back