• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

4K Pre-orders from Amazon almost double in price

DQ

I always check to see what's coming out in 4k. I look for the older stuff they remaster typically. These discs are usually around $25 on pre-order and sometimes less if the price drops when they ship. But I just checked a handful that are being released in a couple months.

They are $39 now.

It looks like the studios and Amazon are no longer offering pre-orders discounts any more, they are posting the retail price instead.

Some items are still discounted in pre-order status.

Dune, Part Two

It looks like the studios and Amazon are no longer offering pre-orders discounts any more, they are posting the retail price instead.

Some items are still discounted in pre-order status.

Dune, Part Two
There was no real pre-order price that I had observed. In fact, it was likely it went down a few months later. $40 for a 4K disc is robbery unless its really rare. But that's my 2 cents on it.

There was no real pre-order price that I had observed. In fact, it was likely it went down a few months later. $40 for a 4K disc is robbery unless its really rare. But that's my 2 cents on it.
Everything you buy nowadays is much higher priced than it used to be. The companies cannot survive charging old prices in an economy where McDonald's workers make 20 dollars an hour. We are in a time where everything from food to clothing and homes costs more. Thank your politicians.

Everything you buy nowadays is much higher priced than it used to be. The companies cannot survive charging old prices in an economy where McDonald's workers make 20 dollars an hour. We are in a time where everything from food to clothing and homes costs more. Thank your politicians.
Well, unfortunately it's everyone's politicians the western world over. But that aside.

I noticed last night Conan the Barbarian and Conan the Destroyer were being released in 4k. I went to put in my pre-order because I am all about those 2 in 4k. The price? Each was $49. And I hate myself because I pre-ordered both.

Well, unfortunately it's everyone's politicians the western world over. But that aside.

I noticed last night Conan the Barbarian and Conan the Destroyer were being released in 4k. I went to put in my pre-order because I am all about those 2 in 4k. The price? Each was $49. And I hate myself because I pre-ordered both.
I bet they will be great to watch. Where I live we have a store that sells used stuff, things that tourists left behind or clothes that people won't wear anymore, and all kinds of things you may see in a garage sale. They have a section for old DVDs and VHS tapes, they are all
€ 1.00 each. Sometimes I find some Bluray stuff in the box and I never buy it because I don't have a Bluray player anymore. :rockingchair:

Reactions: DQ
I bet they will be great to watch. Where I live we have a store that sells used stuff, things that tourists left behind or clothes that people won't wear anymore, and all kinds of things you may see in a garage sale. They have a section for old DVDs and VHS tapes, they are all
€ 1.00 each. Sometimes I find some Bluray stuff in the box and I never buy it because I don't have a Bluray player anymore. :rockingchair:
I don't either beyond the drive I use to rip with. :p

I have several DVD and Bluray players, 3 each, hooked up to my 3 TVs. Since I am now making 4K disc purchases I need to buy a 4K standalone player, only one TV is 4K capable, and an internal PC optical drive. My current PC optical is AFAIK not even a "friendly" drive that can be firmware patched.

I'd like to do a rip on my 4K discs so I know they are not bollixed up from the factory. The PCs aren't hefty enough to do 4K playback even though I have several players (PowerDVD 17 and PDVD 22) that could do the job.

I have several DVD and Bluray players, 3 each, hooked up to my 3 TVs. Since I am now making 4K disc purchases I need to buy a 4K standalone player, only one TV is 4K capable, and an internal PC optical drive. My current PC optical is AFAIK not even a "friendly" drive that can be firmware patched.

I'd like to do a rip on my 4K discs so I know they are not bollixed up from the factory. The PCs aren't hefty enough to do 4K playback even though I have several players (PowerDVD 17 and PDVD 22) that could do the job.
As MKVs is the only way I play 4K. I play them through Plex on my Rokus. And I don't down code them at all. Even the higher-end Roku sticks handle the large files. Just takes good Wifi I found though.

Back