• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question 4K and MAX?

walstib

Curious - has anyone noticed 4K no longer being available on MAX? I checked some past movies and they are now only AVC and max out at 1080p.

I know 4K is a crap-shoot; I'm just checking if others have noticed past 4K available content for download is no longer the case. There is no defect here, no complaint, or even feature request - just curious what others see...

Note: I am in US, using AS version 1.5.8.

No more on MAX, it's still on HBOMax outside of the USA.

Curious - has anyone noticed 4K no longer being available on MAX? I checked some past movies and they are now only AVC and max out at 1080p.

I know 4K is a crap-shoot; I'm just checking if others have noticed past 4K available content for download is no longer the case. There is no defect here, no complaint, or even feature request - just curious what others see...

Note: I am in US, using AS version 1.5.8.
Did u change your video settings to hevc?

Max does not have 4K. HBO max on the other hand does it’s a simple as that.

Max Does, see this amazon link showing 4k on max channel on amazon, Max also has 4K Content!!, weather its supported by AS or not it still has it

You are saying that 4K is not supported in a browser for the Max app right? It looks like it is supported on a Iphone or Ipad but not in a browser.

Last edited:
You are saying that 4K is not supported in a browser right? It looks like it is supported on a Iphone or Ipad but not in a browser.
hes saying Max doesnt have any 4k titles, but it does he just hasnt see any on there lol even alot of tv shows and films on amazon that are HD also have UHD, 4K, 4K HDR Masters uploaded aswell but they arnt made public because they havnt been enabled to be viewed until the rights become available to stream in that quality, so a tv show or film thats showing as SD or HD, alot of them have a UHD File on the servers at amazon that arnt made public untill there allowed to, why do u think every so often a UHD release is available to watch on there, same as itunes

hes saying Max doesnt have any 4k titles, but it does he just hasnt see any on there lol even alot of tv shows and films on amazon that are HD also have UHD, 4K, 4K HDR Masters uploaded aswell but they arnt made public because they havnt been enabled to be viewed until the rights become available to stream in that quality, so a tv show or film thats showing as SD or HD, alot of them have a UHD File on the servers at amazon that arnt made public untill there allowed to, why do u think every so often a UHD release is available to watch on there, same as itunes
I am talking about what is supported on the Max app specifically not what is supported through Amazon Prime Max.

AS never supported 4K for the new re-branded Max. That was only for the old HBO max. HBO max is still available outside the US and still has some 4K content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AS never supported 4K for the new re-branded Max. That was only for the old HBO max. HBO max is still available outside the US and still has some 4K content.

Thank you Nick. ;)

In the future they could enable 4K downloading for Max if you subscribe through Amazon Prime.

thanks all. it’s a shame what Max did. No more 4K, no more HVEC (that I can find for what I want), audio is now low bit rate.

i’ll try VPN+HBO Max and see what happens….

I know AS never supported 4K in the first place; was just luck it worked for some titles on HBOMax and now Hulu. C’est La Vie!

thanks all. it’s a shame what Max did. No more 4K, no more HVEC (that I can find for what I want), audio is now low bit rate.

I know AS never supported 4K in the first place; was just luck it worked for some titles on HBOMax and now Hulu. C’est La Vie!
MAX is a brand new provider, and HBOMax is still in service in most places in the world, MAX replaced HBOMax in the USA. It's way more than just a name change.

Just a warning....If you were logged out of HBOMAX when it switched, you may have a problem accessing it outside the US now.
Some people are able...some are not.

We were able to get something from Prime in 4K but it didn't last long.

That was a Amazon issue. If I remember correctly something on their side was glitching out. I believe even RF1 said that they did nothing to the program.

Back