• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

4k and Dolby Atmos

maybe possible using other vectors - there are a lot of hardware solutions out there that support 4K streaming apps and are not intel based. would mean possibly javing to side load or jailbreak those devices to side load... desktop/Browsers are not the only way to attack this...

<snip>

That's completely irrelevant- AS pretends to be a genuine browser and providers supply content accordingly. Even if you spend time on a different vector, what content providers provide to browsers isn't necessarily identical to what they provide to their own apps...

I have a Roku Ultra that supports 4K (4K60fps, HDR). It runs an ARM processor, not an Intel. So 4K is not limited to Intel processors.

I have a Roku Ultra that supports 4K (4K60fps, HDR). It runs an ARM processor, not an Intel. So 4K is not limited to Intel processors.

That's because there's such thing as TrustZone with the ARM architecture, so, your point is?..

The point is that you don't need an Intel processor as previously stated.

FFS, the question was about ANYSTREAM on WINDOWS platform which RUNS on INTEL!

It would help if you understand the context of the conversation as well as read the actual conversation instead of jumping in trying to contradict what was never claimed in the first place: it was never claimed that 4k specifically requires BUT Intel.

Relax. I did read the conversation and I would say it was alluded to that you could only run 4K video on an Intel processor. PowerDVD with 4K won't work on AMD. Blah, blah, blah.

BTW, Windows runs on AMD and also ARM. Microsoft has officially revealed it’s working on x64 app emulation support for Windows on ARM.

We didn't say that. We said you cannot play COPYRIGHT PROTECTED 4k content with powerdvd on an amd system. There's a difference

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Relax. I did read the conversation and I would say it was alluded to that you could only run 4K video on an Intel processor.

Where, link to the exact post? In fact, my post saying that macOS has similar requirements to Intel (hardware decryption) runs contrary to that "allusion"!

Don922 said:
PowerDVD with 4K won't work on AMD. Blah, blah, blah.

Intel 7th generation (Kaby Lake) Core i processors and above that support the Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology.
Code:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144

Don922 said:
BTW, Windows runs on AMD and also ARM. Microsoft has officially revealed it’s working on x64 app emulation support for Windows on ARM.

Let's see... AMD = Intel Architecture sans... SGX... Windows on ARM... ah, yes, now try running AnyStream on that... but but but "x64 app emulation layer" you say... so back to Intel Architecture then!

just a heads up team redfox Hbomax can be added because they stream 4k, 4k hdr, dolby vision also 1080p in chrome and it uses l3 keys so no reason why it cant be added to anystream... just saying :)

Thank you, we appreciate your input.
:) yep pretty awesome right :) shame Netflix, amazon, AppleTV+, Disney+, Vudu, Stan etc dont do the same :), see is why u need people like me who like testing these things :), also what new services are you adding to AS??, see more suggestions below

also u should check this out: :)

Stan uses L3 Keys for 1080p & 2160p
Vudu uses L3 keys for 1080p Max
Disney+ uses L3 Keys for 720p Max
Hulu uses L3 Keys for 1080p Max
Rakuten uses L3 Keys for 1080p & 2160p, 2160p HDR
Spotify uses L3 Keys to decrypt music

Last edited:
maybe possible using other vectors - there are a lot of hardware solutions out there that support 4K streaming apps and are not intel based. would mean possibly javing to side load or jailbreak those devices to side load... desktop/Browsers are not the only way to attack this.

think about AACS 2.0. was not cracked. fault was an exploit in hardware and why older BDXL and the first batch of official UHF drives (orig firmware) are required to backup UHd discs.

all this is a gross over simplification, but i suspect we wont see 4K decryption short of exploiting a hardware/software flaw and possibly on specific hardware

welcome to the future. perpetual rental model as long as you pay - you own nothing but a license to view in controlled environments. Divix (the circuit city product) was a foreshadowing of this

already i am back to purchasing some shows on dvd just to get the recently cancel-culture banned episodes. and they even had the audacity to ban the episodes from the dvd release! (i am looking at you It’s always Sunny in Philadelphia). i found the episode eventually online but it was a capture from the one and only time it was broadcast...before the progressive police state caused it to be removed from every streaming service. and that is one of many examples.

i miss physical media. still buy UHD and bluray as much as i can. thankful for AS to close a gap in released content on physical media

they just want to control, control all, because control all let they can make more money, that is why more and more online website recent, because like DVD and blu-ray are not online version, even they can not update cencrypt system easy, but online they can update easyly.

Back