4k and Dolby Atmos

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by firas1, Feb 9, 2021.

1. firas1

firas1 Member

Hey,

is it possible that the tool can download the streams in 4k and also with Dolby Atmos audio or is this impossible?
    Would be cool to get this feauture in future updates.

DannyBoi likes this.
  2. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

4k is not supportet yet. It is up to the developers if they will support it in the future or not.

3. firas1

firas1 Member

Ok, and are there any infos out there if this is planned to be added?

4. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

No, at least they did'nt told anything in the public. If they plan or think about how to do this it will be discussed internally.

5. firas1

firas1 Member

Ok thanks for your fast reply. I really hope this is planned for the future

6. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Well-Known Member

hopefully this will be added to and soon :)

7. 0x0x0x0x0

0x0x0x0x0 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breath, doesn't browser 4k require SGX?

8. firas1

firas1 Member

What does SGX mean? And can't this be implemented?

9. 0x0x0x0x0

Code:
    https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/topics/software-guard-extensions.html

10. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Well-Known Member

Well Hbomax streams 4k on chrome so nope not allways

11. firas1

firas1 Member

I also don't think that this is needed? What happenes if you use an AMD CPU?

12. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Then you don't get 4k playback for copyright protected content (encryption not removed) in PowerDVD and it downscales to FULL HD.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

13. ocd

ocd Well-Known Member

Is that true for HBO Max too, or just PowerDVD?

14. 0x0x0x0x0

so you can watch hbomax in chrome not from prime and on what cpu? your statement is too vague to be meaningful in any context...

It'd be idiotic, for 'flix, for example, to require T2 on the macOS platform and not the equivalent on the PC side...

Just to put an end to this endless speculation:

Code:
    https://9to5mac.com/2020/10/01/4k-netflix-streaming/

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  15. firas1

firas1 Member

Ok, I didnt know that :eek: but what if you have the right processor for that, could the tool then load in 4k?

16. 0x0x0x0x0

At the risk of repeating myself:

@Ch3vr0n, can we have a 4k sticky?

17. firas1

firas1 Member

Sorry I still dont get it... if I have the needed hardware and run the software on this hardware then its not possible? Whats the clue on hardware decryption if no software then can playback the stream in 4k?

18. 0x0x0x0x0

Because you can compute huge numbers in dedicated hardware way faster than in software (great example of that is zzzCoin mining) allowing you to exchange keys without actually exchanging keys (for example, see Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange), and no software would ever be seeing those keys. You're right, you could potentially "guess" the key for huge exponents, but it would take centuries in software to do so.

19. ocd

ocd Well-Known Member

The key is that the hardware hides the keys in a more secure way than software does, which makes it harder for RedFox to get at them.

SGX does have known weaknesses, though, so it's theoretically possible, but a lot of extra work. And with streaming, unlike disc media, the providers can change how things work, so coming up with a persistent compromise is even harder.

20. walstib

walstib Well-Known Member

maybe possible using other vectors - there are a lot of hardware solutions out there that support 4K streaming apps and are not intel based. would mean possibly javing to side load or jailbreak those devices to side load... desktop/Browsers are not the only way to attack this.

think about AACS 2.0. was not cracked. fault was an exploit in hardware and why older BDXL and the first batch of official UHF drives (orig firmware) are required to backup UHd discs.

all this is a gross over simplification, but i suspect we wont see 4K decryption short of exploiting a hardware/software flaw and possibly on specific hardware

welcome to the future. perpetual rental model as long as you pay - you own nothing but a license to view in controlled environments. Divix (the circuit city product) was a foreshadowing of this

already i am back to purchasing some shows on dvd just to get the recently cancel-culture banned episodes. and they even had the audacity to ban the episodes from the dvd release! (i am looking at you It’s always Sunny in Philadelphia). i found the episode eventually online but it was a capture from the one and only time it was broadcast...before the progressive police state caused it to be removed from every streaming service. and that is one of many examples.

i miss physical media. still buy UHD and bluray as much as i can. thankful for AS to close a gap in released content on physical media

zero269 likes this.