• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.3.2.2 Forgetting the Default Audio Language

OK, now I remember - it's always been set to "Other", because if it's set to "United States", then AP expects me to use an "amazon.com" account, whereas I actually use an "amazon.ca" account. The ".com" assumption messes up everything, since I don't have US credit cards or a US address. I do have English set as my language of choice.

So when I temporarily set my "country" to US, AS still chose "Arabic(World)" to download the Expanse. In other words, that behavior hasn't changed.

Maybe also check the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RedFox\AnyStream\Media. Either delete the PrefAudioLanguage key and start over with your selection(s) or try removing the wrong values if they are stored in there. It could be if those other languages got into the preferred list that AS could be falling back to them for some reason? Same goes for the other preferences like PrefSubtitleLanguage and PrefAudioCodec. As tries to order the options you choose the most but maybe something is confusing AS. ;-) The preference tracking also appears to be global since it's under the main key and not per-provider.

No, that appears to be mostly variations of "en", nothing resembling Arabic or Czech

Just had this happen to me for "The Witcher", "Lost in Space" but not "Start Trek: Enterprise" - all were done within hours of each other in the same instance of AS, so maybe there is a "new" v "old" element to this?

I also noticed that Czech is showing up 1st in my Audio list.

J.

[edit: typo]

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 19.31.06.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 19.31.06.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 6
Just had this happen to me for "The Witcher", "Lost in Space" but not "Start Trek: Enterprise" - all were done within hours of each other in the same instance of AS, so maybe there is a "new" v "old" element to this?

I also noticed that Czech is showing up 1st in my Audio list.

J.

[edit: typo]
I see your screenshot and mine is also like that but what is in the default language box? Not what you are able to choose from?

sorry, don't understand the question. My settings are correct - English.

system English, English is UK English, English American English (American English is what you want to have it set to.

Last edited:
American English (American English is what you want to have it set to.

OK, I see - thanks for clarifying.
It has always worked correctly with that setting up until 3 hours ago, so something has changed.

[Edit]. ...and it still works fine with some shows like "Star Trek: Enterprise"

OK, I see - thanks for clarifying.
It has always worked correctly with that setting up until 3 hours ago, so something has changed.

[Edit]. ...and it still works fine with some shows like "Star Trek: Enterprise"
Yes some will work if they are available in that country, now everything will work, did you successfully do what I asked? If so your issues should be over, make sure you press okay after setting the language setting. I hope you successfully deleted all saved languages by deleting that key.

<<Just out of curiosity....does it happen when you download single episodes or when you add whole seasons to the queue. Does it actually have Czech checked instead of English or is English checked and you still get Czech?

I haven't downloaded anything with the latest version...just wondering if there is a way to avoid it from happening.>>

It happens when I download single episodes and whole seasons. English is checked as default in the settings and it still often downloads Czech instead of English. I am currently fearful of downloading full seasons because of ending up with so many useless episodes in the wrong language. Currently I usually download a few episodes and check the language to make sure they are in English before continuing.

<<Look in your FILE / SETTINGS / GENERAL / REGION and tell me what Country you have your program set to please.>>
View attachment 63507

You missed my actual question.....Forgetting SYSTEM SETTINGS...when you hit DOWNLOAD, is English in the option box or is Czech.

His issue is that he has the wrong English file in his language settings, system English is British English, English American English (American English is what you want to have it set to.

His issue is that he has the wrong English file in his language settings, system English is British English, English American English (American English is what you want to have it set to.

OK, I have done that and it works again. Interestingly though, It has always been set to "system" up until now without issues.

Thanks, @RedFox 1 !

I want to add a "me too" on this one - a while back my copy of AnyStream (not Plus) started always selecting the first audio track in the list on Netflix. Sometimes it was English (descriptive), sometimes it was Czech, sometimes it was still English (Original), just whatever was at the top of the list - sometimes it was sorted alphabetically and sometimes it wasn't. This continued through several versions, including 1.3.3.0 that I'm on now. I like to download everything with the original audio and use subtitles, so I always try to pick whatever says (original). My AnyStream language was set to "System (English, English)" and always has been. My registry key for PrefAudioLanguage like KevinS72 asked about was really full, with dozens of languages it seemed like. I attached a log file from after one of the times it picked descriptive audio instead of original.

It's working now, I just wanted to add a data point. I did all three suggestions together: deleted the PrefAudioLanguage registry key; set AnyStream's language to English (American English); and deleted AnyStream's cache. One or all of them worked, at least in that it's picking English (Original) instead of (Descriptive) - I still had to pick Japanese (Original) for an anime, but that's better than always having to worry about picking the right one.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.3.0.astlog
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
Back