• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.0 - AP content video resolution option shows no higher than 960x540p

artsunlimited27

View attachment 62525 I'm now abl to dl AP selections that wouldn't decrypt with this version, but the resolution offered is significantly lower than before. "The Nest," which I was able to download in December, dl with 1920x1080 resolution, yet now looks like it's restricted to 960x540.

I'm not going to waste part of my quota comparing with past downloaded content as to whether this resolution as shown is accurate or not, but if it's a glitch and selections will actually download at the highest resolution available, there's no way to tell what that actually is.

Audio options don't seem to be affected.AP resolution no higher than 960x540.jpg View attachment 62525 View attachment 62525

The release notes for 1.2.9.0 state that HD resolution is not available for Amazon Prime and Netflix streams. You'll only get half the resolution.

Thank you for this - I just got the prompt and downloaded it, and didn't see the release notes.

Last edited:
Excellent thread artsunlimited, there are probably many people that just download the new version and don't bother with changelog, I have done it myself with other programs many times. Our development team has put an enormous amount of work into rewriting the program and a lot of people might like to watch the movie even at a lower res because they watch it on tablets, phones, monitors, etc. They are working on HD and they will succeed. There are also other wonderful changes for our Asian customers. Subtitle changes helped me enormously. The team hopes you enjoy the new version.;)

Excellent thread artsunlimited, there are probably many people that just download the new version and don't bother with changelog, I have done it myself with other programs many times. Our development team has put an enormous amount of work into rewriting the program and a lot of people might like to watch the movie even at a lower res because they watch it on tablets, phones, monitors, etc. They are working on HD and they will succeed. There are also other wonderful changes for our Asian customers. Subtitle changes helped me enormously. The team hopes you enjoy the new version.;)
Because you guys set it to a forced update.

Because you guys set it to a forced update.
No one is forcing you to do anything, learn how to use the program and you can use any version you like. Just uncheck the box.forced.png

Attachments

• anystream.jpg
    anystream.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Looks like they set a new minimum version required on the RedFox authentication server to 1290 (1284 too old), because not even 1284 fixed all DRM realted issues. It doesn't happen often, but it's required for proper operation. That update stands seperate from any newer AnyStream update. Just because for example AnyStream 1300 gets released, doesn't mean the RedFox authentication minimum version gets a bump to 1300 too.

Looks like they set a new minimum version required on the RedFox authentication server to 1290 (1284 too old), because not even 1284 fixed all DRM realted issues. It doesn't happen often, but it's required for proper operation. That update stands seperate from any newer AnyStream update. Just because for example AnyStream 1300 gets released, doesn't mean the RedFox authentication minimum version gets a bump to 1300 too.
I don't think so. I'm not being required to update anyway. I've been using AnyStream 1.2.8.4 (64-bit) off and on all morning without issue. I'm downloading a TV series right now in fact via Amazon Prime. The video is clean from start to finish as well when checking and in glorious 1080p. Imagine that. :p

well they have done an updated minimum version in the past. It's odd though. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Just tried to download "The Defiant Ones (1958)" from APV (USA) with AS 1.2.8.4. and get the message Your AnyStream version 1.2.8.4 is too old. Please upgrade to 1.2.9.0

BUT

Other stuff is still downloading OK @ 1920x1080 without this message.

I am in the UK using Express VPN (USA - Miami 2)

FYI 1.2.8.4. is about 75-80% sucessfull with the films I download.

Last edited:
basically they have replace the message that says it cant be decrypted to a message that says to update so the older version will still work as long as they have the keys cached.

no keys and you will get the update message so this will occur with all new content and older content that does not have keys cached.

I don't think so. I'm not being required to update anyway. I've been using AnyStream 1.2.8.4 (64-bit) off and on all morning without issue. I'm downloading a TV series right now in fact via Amazon Prime. The video is clean from start to finish as well when checking and in glorious 1080p. Imagine that. :p

I obviously have the politer version of this software, which (usually) gently inquires if I'd like to install the new release.:LOL: I went back to 1.2.8.4, and thankfully I'm not getting the "too outdated to continue" notification.

But what I noticed right after LowPro's post was that a good amount of movies I'd downloaded from Netflix in the past months that were only 540p through AS could actually be downloaded as 1080p elsewhere. I have no idea if this has been brought up before, but I was ignorant (and disappointed) that I couldn't do any better in terms of resolution, and now I know better. I hope the devs will address this issue and bring AS up to its previously competitive level.:dance:

ut I was ignorant (and disappointed) that I couldn't do any better in terms of resolution, and now I know better. I hope the devs will address this issue and bring AS up to its previously competitive level.
No, you were not ignorant, it's not your fault about the resolution, the changelog states that are working on HD. This was just an interim release so the movies could be downloaded for those who just want to watch the movie, I remember when DVDs first came out the res was 480p and everyone watched it. Of course, as time went on technology got better and HD was introduced, TVs got better, and now it's almost the default resolution. I watch my movies on my Ipad on the beach or in bed at night so I am not affected by the picture. Yes, the developers are working on HD right now, so that will be addressed.

Back