• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.8.0 Issues Still Happening Across the Board for Me

kuhnglobal1

Hi Guys... I appreciate all you guys are doing for us.

With 1.2.8.0, Ivan had typed...
"Note: all streaming services should work now, only some Amazon titles still have DRM issues"

I am wondering if this is something that may be different for some of us? After installing the 1.2.8.0 update, I attempted to DL items I currently have issues with that I did not have issues with before these recent issues began last month. With 1.2.8.0, I am still unable to DL any of them. Some are on NF, some are on AP, and some are on P+ through my AP membership. What is interesting is that some content may be DL'd, and some (the content I am looking to DL) cannot be. On a positive note, Disney+ never seemed to have ever been effected by any of it,.. though I am still limited to 720p there for DL.

I have attached a log for you from my use of 1.2.8.0 with a few DL attempts

As I know keeping things running is a constant battle for RedFox, I want you all to know I appreciate all you do. I actually intend to purchase the upgrade you offer (on top of my current lifetime license) once it appears these issues are corrected. This service RedFox offers is truly amazing, and I am grateful RedFox created it.

THANK YOU AGAIN! REDFOX ROCKS!!

Attachments

• 2021-12-27 AnyStream_1.2.8.0.astlog
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
Issues across the board. Discussed many times already.

Hi Guys... I appreciate all you guys are doing for us.

With 1.2.8.0, Ivan had typed...
"Note: all streaming services should work now, only some Amazon titles still have DRM issues"

I am wondering if this is something that may be different for some of us? After installing the 1.2.8.0 update, I attempted to DL items I currently have issues with that I did not have issues with before these recent issues began last month. With 1.2.8.0, I am still unable to DL any of them. Some are on NF, some are on AP, and some are on P+ through my AP membership. What is interesting is that some content may be DL'd, and some (the content I am looking to DL) cannot be. On a positive note, Disney+ never seemed to have ever been effected by any of it,.. though I am still limited to 720p there for DL.

I have attached a log for you from my use of 1.2.8.0 with a few DL attempts

As I know keeping things running is a constant battle for RedFox, I want you all to know I appreciate all you do. I actually intend to purchase the upgrade you offer (on top of my current lifetime license) once it appears these issues are corrected. This service RedFox offers is truly amazing, and I am grateful RedFox created it.

THANK YOU AGAIN! REDFOX ROCKS!!

I've been able to dl all the content that originally threw that "cannot decrypt" error on both HBOMax and Hulu with 1.2.8.0 (still no luck with Amazon, though), and have encountered no more problems going forward with either, so the upgrade is definitely worth purchasing now.

And nope, both Disney+ and Hulu won't do any better than 720p, the stinkers.

Last edited:
Heh heh... me again.... and thank you again for being AWESOME RedFox. As I read the board content, I am aware of all you are working on, and I thank you very much. Looks like I more contributionary logs for you? I just attempted several different DL's (of items that are available to me to view) on AP, AP with P+, and NF... all receiving the same error of "Sorry, but we are unable to decrypt this stream".
2022-01-04_ANYSTREAM_UNABLE_TO_DECRYPT_STREAM.JPG 2022-01-04_ANYSTREAM_DECRYPT_FAILED_SEE_LOG.JPG
Is there anything I may do to clear this issue up for those streams that I may be doing wrong? Again, this videos are available to me to watch just fine in my paid membership's and subscriptions there, I just cannot DL them. I am including the error, and log for you to view.

Thanks again for all you are doing for us! ... REDFOX ROCKS!! :thankyou:

Attachments

• 2022-01-04 AnyStream_1.2.8.0.astlog
    618.3 KB · Views: 0
I would mention that if I have items in AP queue *and* items in NF queue and an AP item fails, some of the NF items are likely to fail as well.
If an item in my AP list fails, the next item is also likely to fail as well. It's happened this way too many times for me to believe it's a coincidence.

I think both of these issues have been caused by ...and I know this has been discussed and I'm not supposed to use the Download All button , but gosh, it's SO easy and big and pretty, so I click it anyway. When I do have issues, if I go back and enter those items into the queue individually, I'm much more likely to have success.

Anyway, try adding items individually, or even just doing one at a time - no queue, and see if it succeeds.

f an item in my AP list fails, the next item is also likely to fail as well. It's happened this way too many times for me to believe it's a coincidence.
If I have two downloads in a row in AP that fail, the second one is always good for me to redownload immediately afterwards. You just get the pleasure of losing two tokens instead of the just one. I think now that it's a bug with the downloader handling DRM errors.
Try redownloading the second failed download immediately and see if it works for you.

I have the vanilla version of AnyStream and my download queue works just fine. ;)

Last edited:
If I have two downloads in a row in AP that fail, the second one is always good for me to redownload immediately afterwards. You just get the pleasure of losing two tokens instead of the just one. I think now that it's a bug with the downloader handling DRM errors.
Try redownloading the second failed download immediately and see if it works for you.

It *does* typically work immediately after, and frequently, the first failed item works as well on the second attempt.

For me the main issue I have seen despite successful downloads from NF is the 2 minutes of playback is fine but the rest of the file is somehow corrupted, I know there have been a few mentions of this behaviour. Just have to be patient am sure the devs will manage to fix

I am abroad without changing my original location and using AS 1.2.8.3
When using a VPN, I have no issues with HBO, Netflix, Disney and Hulu (when it is not "greyed" - known issue). AP issues are random. Add-on providers through AP are usually working (95 - 99% of the time) when they are not sharing links with AP.
When I am not using a VPN, NF is working well, Disney as well. AP depending on the title, they can or cannot be available from your location (and it is normal).

Last edited:
I would mention that if I have items in AP queue *and* items in NF queue and an AP item fails, some of the NF items are likely to fail as well.
If an item in my AP list fails, the next item is also likely to fail as well. It's happened this way too many times for me to believe it's a coincidence.

I think both of these issues have been caused by ...and I know this has been discussed and I'm not supposed to use the Download All button , but gosh, it's SO easy and big and pretty, so I click it anyway. When I do have issues, if I go back and enter those items into the queue individually, I'm much more likely to have success.

Anyway, try adding items individually, or even just doing one at a time - no queue, and see if it succeeds.
Thank you my friend. I have been trying individual DL's on those same items I had mentioned, with no luck I am sorry to report. I am thankful that RedFox is continuing to work on these recent issues for us all. It is very interesting that is happens the way it does, since some of those are TV Episode items that I was able to DL before the big DRM block a few months ago now. I wish I understood more of what DRM did to hinder AnyStream so I may better assist the RedFox Team in their efforts. That stated.. it is not every file that I cannot DL, but only some. It just happened to be 8 in a row that I attempted yesterday morning.. over AP, AP with P+, and NF.... and I admit it became frustrating at the time. With all of that.... truth be told, I am absolutely grateful of the RedFox Team,... as RedFox truly opened up everything for us all. This app paid for itself the first day I purchased it. RedFox is AWESOME. In all, it is well... as I understand the RedFox Team are hard at work to get it all fixed for us again. I just wish I could help them more than just turning over Logs...lol.

Back