• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.2.4 : Amazon prime crashes , quota issue

twhiting9275

In 1.2.2.4, Amazon Prime will crash, because when downloading , the tab can be interacted with (whereas before it was just grey, nothing could happen). So, all it takes is someone trying to start a second download from Prime (shouldn't be possible, but it is), and AS crashes

This brings into light, a problem with how quotas are designed, and implemented.
Rather than subtract after the download is 100% successful and processed, the quota is subtracted from before. So, if a download fails, the user's queue is still -1, with the added bonus of the download not actually being successful. That's lose/lose on the user's end

if the quotas were adjusted after the download is 100% successful and processed, then this wouldn't be an issue ;)

In 1.2.2.4, Amazon Prime will crash, because when downloading , the tab can be interacted with (whereas before it was just grey, nothing could happen). So, all it takes is someone trying to start a second download from Prime (shouldn't be possible, but it is), and AS crashes

This brings into light, a problem with how quotas are designed, and implemented.
Rather than subtract after the download is 100% successful and processed, the quota is subtracted from before. So, if a download fails, the user's queue is still -1, with the added bonus of the download not actually being successful. That's lose/lose on the user's end

if the quotas were adjusted after the download is 100% successful and processed, then this wouldn't be an issue ;)

Actually, since the idea of the quota is to not get to much attention, failed download or not is activity seen on the provider side. So with that said pulling from the quota even on a failed download makes sense. To me anyway.

the tab can be interacted with (whereas before it was just grey, nothing could happen).
Can confirm this, was not locked for me as well. I could scroll and hover over buttons (but of course I haven't pressed anything, so everything went fine).

Rather than subtract after the download is 100% successful and processed, the quota is subtracted from before.
This was always the case. As soon as you start a download, AS will connects to the server and asks for a token. If there is no token left, the download won't start. Didn't you ever notice this? Well if you never reached the limit yes of course you couldn't.
But this was always the way to go.

But this was always the way to go.
Except, legally it is not

Yes, a check should be made to see if user has tokens available before downloading

However, when you advertise X number of things, you are legally obligated to provide X number of things , not W

In this case, W is provided, not X , and X can never be reached , because downloads can never be met , as the number is being taken away before it was even completed

Now, sure, in my case , it’s a non issue. However , that’s not the point . The point is that the user is sold something, and they’re given something else

if tokens were sold separately and ran out I would accept this as an issue but given the amount of times I have seem a download fail it seems a non issue. Plus its limited to 280 a week, thats a ton of content to be consuming

Yes, a check should be made to see if user has tokens available before downloading

However, when you advertise X number of things, you are legally obligated to provide X number of things , not W

In this case, W is provided, not X , and X can never be reached , because downloads can never be met , as the number is being taken away before it was even completed

Now, sure, in my case , it’s a non issue. However , that’s not the point . The point is that the user is sold something, and they’re given something else

If I understand what you are saying, I don't think that holds any water. You don't buy the tokens you purchase the application and agree to use it as it's presented to you. Plus ,clearly, AS operates in a "grey" area so speaking of specific legalities just seems silly to me.

Didn't take long before a lost token came up for discussion so that's how it's gonna be from now on lol, take a cup of coffee and everything is back to normal again .. besides that same error occurs for me on prime but I like the new browser

Beta.. bugs to be expected

The changes are substantial and we expect that there will be a number of issues that we haven't seen during testing.

I guess something is wrong with me - downloading 280 titles per week is ample for me, even with the occasional fail. I am not out to download the entire library of Netflix or AP, just downloading to archive what I consider really good content that I'd watch again, or that I don't have time to watch before it leaves a particular service.
Regardless, it is much better to be particular about your downloads than it is to lose this application if/when the providers discover it. Consider this - if Newegg put a 14TB HDD on their site with a wrong price of $199.99. If you go out and buy 100 of them or post everywhere on the internet about the price, chances are much better that Newegg will catch the price problem than if you order 1 or 2 (that you NEED) and don't blast the news for everyone. ;-)

What does legalities have to do with anything? What non-existent entity do you plan to sue for damages?

if tokens were sold separately
Tokens are sold as a part of the product. They are in the product description, and as such are part of the product sold.
The fact of the matter is that these are handled improperly. Just because a few fanboys want to pipe up and claim opposite doesn't mean they aren't. These are the same individuals that are anti-progress, andi-growth, anti-change, simply because things "work for them".
How long the tokens last is irrelevant. How much content I can download with them is irrelevant. What is relevant? The fact that the tokens are handled incorrectly

IF
a download fails, there is zero excuse for counting it against any sort of limit. None. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Doesn't matter how many download "tokens" I have left. What matters, is that the software that has been purchased is not functioning properly.

It's not that hard to do a bit check on download (do we have the tokens), and then take the token away from the person in post processing, once the download is completed .. If it is, then you've got poorly designed software. Seriously poorly designed software.

Tokens are sold as a part of the product. They are in the product description, and as such are part of the product sold.
The fact of the matter is that these are handled improperly. Just because a few fanboys want to pipe up and claim opposite doesn't mean they aren't. These are the same individuals that are anti-progress, andi-growth, anti-change, simply because things "work for them".
How long the tokens last is irrelevant. How much content I can download with them is irrelevant. What is relevant? The fact that the tokens are handled incorrectly

IF
a download fails, there is zero excuse for counting it against any sort of limit. None. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Doesn't matter how many download "tokens" I have left. What matters, is that the software that has been purchased is not functioning properly.

It's not that hard to do a bit check on download (do we have the tokens), and then take the token away from the person in post processing, once the download is completed .. If it is, then you've got poorly designed software. Seriously poorly designed software.

These forums are a great place to exchange ideas and to learn new stuff. Folks here are pretty eager to help, open to new ideas and different views and that includes the devs.

But you don't have an idea. You have a complaint and a demand that you "back up" with circular logic and insults. I am not sure how being a bully works for you in your day to day life but I don't think it's going to work well for you here. Of course that is just my personal opinion.

IF

:cry:

It's fine to share differences of opinions. I will, however, demand that the discussion stay civil without insults...

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

IF a download fails, there is zero excuse for counting it against any sort of limit. None. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Doesn't matter how many download "tokens" I have left. What matters, is that the software that has been purchased is not functioning properly.

Oh my god - we all have to die...

IF a download fails, there is zero excuse for counting it against any sort of limit. None. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Doesn't matter how many download "tokens" I have left. What matters, is that the software that has been purchased is not functioning properly.

Live with it, its built into the software, wait 35 minutes and you will have it back LOL:banghead:

Life is a bitch.

With so much talk about these tokens, hasn't it been mentioned somewhere that a token is deducted upon initiation of a download. PERIOD. I know of nowhere in the advertising that it says failed downloads will not count against the token bucket. Besides, it's only 38 minutes to wait until it replenishes. I know that there are those who don't care and feel it is their right to have this token refunded. I have a solution. Place this topic "under consideration" and leave it in last place for a couple of years. That should take care of it.

With so much talk about these tokens, hasn't it been mentioned somewhere that a token is deducted upon initiation of a download. PERIOD. I know of nowhere in the advertising that it says failed downloads will not count against the token bucket. Besides, it's only 38 minutes to wait until it replenishes. I know that there are those who don't care and feel it is their right to have this token refunded. I have a solution. Place this topic "under consideration" and leave it in last place for a couple of years. That should take care of it.
Done, thanks Hamsmoke.

Back