• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you aware, that most UHD discs are "movie only" without any extras?

Yes, I'm mainly talking about no re-encoding of audio / video / etc. (HDR, etc.)

Can you rip 1:1 to an MKV?

Anyways if anyone knows of any players that will play back an unencrypted UHD ISO burned to BDR-50/66/100 please post your experience. :)

Last edited:
EDIT: Yes, @Ch3vr0n, you are correct, I cannot point at a post that says information is going automatically to RedFox.

@koletov we have been told not to send UHD disc logs in previous posts from James and others.

If there isn't some information flowing from AnyDVD scans of UHD discs over to RedFox, then I can't imagine how RedFox will update AnyDVD or the OPD to handle new UHD discs.

EDIT: I know that in the first few days after the release of 8.2.1.9 there were some of my discs that were not handled. The next day, or the day after, they were handled. So, new information came from somewhere and was put into the OPD. I can't tell you that the information came from my machine's scanning of those discs with AnyDVD. But some kind of information is transferred. At the very least, a request goes to the OPD and a "can't handle that"' response comes back.

@James, any comment?

--michael

Last edited:
I see people using the ASUS BW-16D1HT optical drive for this task, but when I look on Amazon and Newegg, it looks like they don't read 4K discs. What am I missing?

Currently just getting a 'can't process your request' error when inserting a disc for the last two tries with v8.2.1.9. Wish I could get the disc to rip, been waiting since the 18th of Jan to watch Blade Runner 2049 in 4K after submitting to <thirdpartyproductthatstartswithm> without any updates, and after hearing AnyDVD received native support was hoping it might be able to.

--

I see people using the ASUS BW-16D1HT optical drive for this task, but when I look on Amazon and Newegg, it looks like they don't read 4K discs. What am I missing?

They don't "officially" but it relies on a loophole where the drive can read the UHD disc data but not 'play' them using authorized software. That's why they're called 'UHD-friendly' drives and the ones you want when ripping, as otherwise (with one or two exceptions) the data is inaccessible for ripping purposes.

They don't "officially" but it relies on a loophole where the drive can read the UHD disc data but not 'play' them using authorized software. That's why they're called 'UHD-friendly' drives and the ones you want when ripping, as otherwise (with one or two exceptions) the data is inaccessible for ripping purposes.
Thanks much for the info!

Think I might have bricked my BH16NS55 while downgrading it to 1.02. Not sure how - the procedure seems to have worked as described. I start windows and it can see the drive and anydvd now says its on 1.02 firmware. But I put a disc in the drive and it doesn't do anything, like its not detected or something, tried several uhd discs and normal bluray discs as well. oh well back to amazon it goes i guess....

Make sure you flashed the 1.02 firmware that has the calibration data.

Yes, I'm mainly talking about no re-encoding of audio / video / etc. (HDR, etc.)

Can you rip 1:1 to an MKV?
Sure. You know, there is a really cool program, that does exactly what you want: elby CloneBD. If you don't want to compress, you don't even have to buy a license.

@ James,can you reproduce this ?
8.2.1.9 beta
So far,AnyDvdHD with a failed UHD read is the only program that triggers this behavior....
I am sorry, but I don't understand, what I should be able to reproduce and what behavior you refer to.

btw is there a better timezone period where the servers aren't so congested for disc decryption?

I am sorry, but I don't understand, what I should be able to reproduce and what behavior you refer to.

1st time when I got the error message about my unsupported disc,I disabled Windows 10 firewall to see if it was a connection problem.
However,when the error message came up,my firewall enabled itself again withhout user interaction.
It seemed like it was triggered by the Anydvd HD fail....as so far,it only happens when running Anydvd on an unsupported disc.

1st time when I got the error message about my unsupported disc,I disabled Windows 10 firewall to see if it was a connection problem.
However,when the error message came up,my firewall enabled itself again withhout user interaction.
It seemed like it was triggered by the Anydvd HD fail....as so far,it only happens when running Anydvd on an unsupported disc.
Have you tried re-installing AnyDVD? It might set the firewall exclusion properly on the re-install.

Have you tried re-installing AnyDVD? It might set the firewall exclusion properly on the re-install.

Nope,I still have to try that......but it's weird that this only happens with failed UHD rips,not with succesfull UHD or blu-ray rips....

Before I start with my question - I want to thank James and the AnyDVD team for the recent amazing update they pushed out. It is much appreciated however long it may or may not work.

I have been able to successfully rip a few UHD Blurays with no issue at this time to .iso. When ripping to .iso - I am having AnyDVD remove encryption. I currently have an Apple TV 4k - I can playback the .iso file using infuse - it is choppy but I think it a network issue more then anything.

I also have an Intel Nuc i3 - it is a few years old so it isn't SGX compatible/officially compatible with PowerDVD. I am running PowerDVD 17 Ultra.

I know AnyDVD helps circumvent the 'UHD Detection' in PowerDVD 14 UHD OEM version, does this work with PowerDVD 17 yet? The reason I ask is when I try to playback the .iso's in PowerDVD 17 Ultra - I do get the 'your graphics card is not compatible to playback UHD'.

I guess my question is - do I need PowerDVD 14 OEM or am I missing a setting or a step to get PowerDVD 17 Ultra working with unsupported hardware that is capable of playing back content in 4k resolution. I am very sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I was unable to find it, and if it was I would appreciate help being pointed in the right direction

Cheers and thanks for all the help again.

Darthgup

Before I start with my question - I want to thank James and the AnyDVD team for the recent amazing update they pushed out. It is much appreciated however long it may or may not work.

I have been able to successfully rip a few UHD Blurays with no issue at this time to .iso. When ripping to .iso - I am having AnyDVD remove encryption. I currently have an Apple TV 4k - I can playback the .iso file using infuse - it is choppy but I think it a network issue more then anything.

I also have an Intel Nuc i3 - it is a few years old so it isn't SGX compatible/officially compatible with PowerDVD. I am running PowerDVD 17 Ultra.

I know AnyDVD helps circumvent the 'UHD Detection' in PowerDVD 14 UHD OEM version, does this work with PowerDVD 17 yet? The reason I ask is when I try to playback the .iso's in PowerDVD 17 Ultra - I do get the 'your graphics card is not compatible to playback UHD'.

I guess my question is - do I need PowerDVD 14 OEM or am I missing a setting or a step to get PowerDVD 17 Ultra working with unsupported hardware that is capable of playing back content in 4k resolution. I am very sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I was unable to find it, and if it was I would appreciate help being pointed in the right direction

Cheers and thanks for all the help again.

Darthgup

From my testing, removing encryption does not prevent Powerdvd from insisting on the normal punitive hardware demands of UHD playback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back