• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD doesn't recognize BD-R discs, version 8171...8173 [solved]

femosh

Hi! after update the versión to 8.1.7.1 when i insert a movie back up in a BD-R anydvd scan it but after that, it don´t appears in the drive, like it doesn´t exist, i upgraded to 8.1.7.3 and have the same issue, but if i downgrade to 8.1.7.0, Works fine, if i insert an original disc, it Works in the 3 versions of the anydvd, so i dont know what happens i attached the log files for your considerations.

I have Win 10 64 bits thank you

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.0_Info_E_TROLLS.ziplog
    329.1 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_8.1.7.1_Info_E_TROLLS.ziplog
    329.1 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.1.7.3_Info_E_TROLLS.ziplog
    329.6 KB · Views: 4
Can you try 8.1.7.4, please?

@ Pete, RE: Can you try 8.1.7.4, please?
I can confirm on my win10 box that version 8.1.7.3 & also 8.1.7.4 also exhibit the "no disk inserted message using PowerDVD14. What is very strange is that AnyDVD 8.1.7.4 will not play any backups at all, but AnyDVD 1.8.7.3 will play my older backups from the end of July like J W Chapter2, but will not play anything more recent than that. What ever you changed from 7.3 to 7.4 made the problem WORSE. I am going back to 7.3 and double check. Thanks Pete.

PS: By the way I don't have any upper filters and only the AnyDVD lower filter installed.

AnyDVD won't play anything, not 8173 not 8174 not even 7695. AnyDVD is not a player. PowerDVD 14 on the other hand, THAT is the one that may not be playing your discs.

QUOTE: Pete, I believe, really everybody understood, that that is exactly what he meant. EXACTLY! I have just tried 8.1.7.1 and still had problems with playback (using PowerDVD14 Ch3vron) and then I did a clean reinstall of 8.1.7.0 and now everything plays, even the old and newer backups. Just for shits & giggles I will try a "CLEAN" install of 8.1.7.3 and see if it makes a difference.

Hi! i tried last night whit 8.1.7.4 and didn´t work too! when i come home later, upload the logfile

thanks!

I have done EXTENSIVE testing and did CLEAN REBOOTs using various installs and it seems somebody screwed the pooch all the way back to 8.1.7.0, because all the rest screw up playback using PowerDVD for me. I did get 8.1.7.3 to work playing back some older Blu-ray backups but playing a Ghost recent backup made PowerDVD throw up an error about some file not being able to access and then crashed. This all begs the question of: are the images created using all these newer versions corrupt somehow or is just the playback mechanism broken? If they are broken then version 8.1.7.0 looks like I started using it around July 28 so maybe everything after it might need redoing.

This is crazy, as 8.1.7.1 did not have any driver update.

I am not having any issues at all, I only did about 3 back ups since 8.1.7.0 though.

Me neither. All peachy here

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I have the same problem: Windows explorer will see the inserted BD-R(E) as a blank disc with AnyDVD. If I kill AnyDVD then the disc is seen normally on Windows Explorer

@James I installed 8.1.7.5 beta and BD-Rs are seen by AnyDVD but PowerDVD17 tells me that there is no disc in the drive. 8.1.7.4 beta does the same thing. 8.1.7.1 beta does the same thing. Basically, it seems like the only thing on the system to see the BD-R is AnyDVD. Any media player on my PC thinks there is no disc present. If I drop back to 8.1.7.0 BD-Rs become visible to everything again.

I don't usually playback BD-Rs on my PC so I hadn't noticed this issue until I had just started testing when you posted 8.1.7.5 beta.

Last edited:
@James I installed 8.1.7.5 beta and BD-Rs are seen by AnyDVD but PowerDVD17 tells me that there is no disc in the drive. 8.1.7.4 beta does the same thing. 8.1.7.1 beta does the same thing. Basically, it seems like the only thing on the system to see the BD-R is AnyDVD. Any media player on my PC thinks there is no disc present. If I drop back to 8.1.7.0 BD-Rs become visible to everything again.

I don't usually playback BD-Rs on my PC so I hadn't noticed this issue until I had just started testing when you posted 8.1.7.5 beta.
Did you reboot after installing 8.1.7.5? If not, please try this. Thank you.

@James Well i just made a brand spanking new backup of Power Rangers. Seems to indeed affect BD-R's only. With AnyDVD active even on my system Windows EXPLORER seems to see a blank BD-R. However in my case anydvd itself DOES NOT. With 8175 explorer doesn't see any disc at all, AnyDVD does. Seems to be purely cosmetic. I did reboot after installing 8174 i did NOT reboot after installing 8175 (wasn't asked to either)

Exited AnyDVD: fresh backup becomes visible to the system
Start AnyDVD: backup invisible to system, but VISIBLE to AnyDVD

Maybe that'll help you narrow things down.

Attachments

• AnyDVD 8174 bd-r.jpg
    AnyDVD 8174 bd-r.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 8
Hi! i tried with 8.1.7.4 and still have the issue, then install 8.1.7.5 and reboot the pc and insert the disc and still the same issue i´ve attach the logfiles for your consideration

thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.4_Info_E_TROLLS.ziplog
    329.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.1.7.5_Info_E_TROLLS.ziplog
    329 KB · Views: 0
@James I updated from 8.1.7.0 to 8.1.7.5 beta and rebooted. Then tested with a BD-R backup. PowerDVD says there is no disc present but AnyDVD sees it and I can create an AnyDVD log file. That said, after a short time AnyDVD decides to rescan the disc like it thinks a disc has been newly inserted.

@James Sadly, 8.1.7.6 beta is still exhibiting this behavior on my system.

I updated, rebooted, and tested with a BD-R backup. AnyDVD scans the disc and sees the disc but nothing else can. If I do nothing at all AnyDVD detects and scans the disc every 30-60 seconds. :(

8.1.7.6 is now working for me.

Spoke too soon. Worked on first disk but not on second. Further checking shows that of the 4 BD-R's that I've done recently, 2 are seen by PDVD 16 and 2 are not. Collossal can be seen by PDVD 16 but The Circle can not.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.6_Info_F_Colossal.ziplog
    197.6 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.1.7.6_Info_H_THE_CIRCLE.ziplog
    1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back