• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Does this "Boxee Box" play original retail Blu-ray discs (including menus)? If not, then it won't have or need Cinavia.
It's a stand-alone media player (like Roku or WDTV), so it's possible the industry COULD arm-twist them into installing Cinavia.

Since it doesn't play physical discs, it cannot be required to do so by DVD and/or BD licensing entities. However, if it plans on offering other studio-supported streaming and/or download services, the MPAA could require Cinavia as a condition for licensing their movies.

SlySoft has stated that they plan on removing Cinavia but that it'll like require CloneBD in order to do so. It's outside the scope of what a realtime driver like AnyDVD is able to accomplish.

in other words:
we have a problem!

hope this protection is not used on some dvd releases

in other words:
we have a problem!

hope this protection is not used on some dvd releases

It's not really a problem for everyone, though. Yes, for those that have Cinavia enabled players, playing backups until SlySoft finds a way to remove it will be an issue. For me, I'll just convert them to MKV like I always do and play them in a software player that doesn't contain Cinavia. Not an option for everyone, I realize, and I'm not suggesting it is. But, there ARE ways around Cinavia that don't involve removing it. You just have to be resourceful. :)

I can hereby say that the panasonic DMP-BD85 does NOT support Cinavia at this time.

Test setup
TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20
BD: Panasonic DMP-BD85 connected to TV via hdmi
Audio output: Logitech Z-5500 via optical cable connected to TV
BD Firmware revision: 1.50 dated 03/08/2010
BD Firmware details: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/bd/download/bd45_65_85/bd45_65_85_euro.html

Test Disc: Karate Kid
Disc Details:
Source region: Region 2, Belgium
Region locked: no. Region free
Cinavia protected: yes

cinavia.jpg

Backup disc processed by BD-Rebuilder 0.36.03

Anyone happen to own a Samsung BD-C5900 3D Blu-Ray player? I'm curious as to whether it's new enough to support Cinavia. I wound up getting it for free.

@james

do you think there by any way in the future to bypass this protection, or is cinavia the winner in this race?

It's a new tack, certainly.
It will require a new type of expertise to by-pass.

It is not a form of cryptography with keys etc.
It's a form of steganography, where they hide a watermark in the audio.
Compliant players can find this watermark, and disable playback.

The general nature of this watermark is already known.
The company behind cinavia issued some academic challenges some time back, and the general principle is known.

Removing it is a bit tricky.
Anyone who claims that a simple notch filter at xx kHz will work fails to understand it. The protection seems to be based on a timed echo in the time domain, which appears in the frequency domain as a sinusioid, or something like that.. To remove it may require:

1) Decode audio to LPCM;
2) Transform to frequency domain;
3) Hack away at it;
4) Transform back to time domain;
5) Reencode it ( or leave as LPCM ).

This will require the input from speaclists in digital signal processing, not cryptography. Such peple do exist. I'm not one of them.

--
SC

While not out as of yet, the cover for "The Other Guys" has the "Protected By Cinavia" logo/writing on it.

Anyone happen to own a Samsung BD-C5900 3D Blu-Ray player? I'm curious as to whether it's new enough to support Cinavia. I wound up getting it for free.

i am just about to buy this samsung c5900 3d player on saturday , can anyone please confirm this does not have cinavia or does have it ?

i am just about to buy this samsung c5900 3d player on saturday , can anyone please confirm this does not have cinavia or does have it ?

The player came with my new TV. I received the Samsung BD-C5900-XAA model. The firmware it came pre-installed with was BSP-C5900WWB-1001.1. I don't know how old that is. Regardless, I downloaded the latest firmware dated November 12, 2010 which is BSP-C5900WWB-1008.0. I tested both firmware versions for Cinavia enforcement. It wasn't present. I added this player and the firmware info to the first post in this thread a couple hours ago, actually. ;)

NOTE: There are two models of the BD-C5900: XAA and XAC. I have absolutely no clue what the difference is.

XAC = eXtremely Active Cinavia :D LOL!

Actually it's funny that you mention it. I did humorously ponder if that "C" was a newer Cinavia enabled build with a newer model number. I have no clue, however. The specific model is listed on the back and the firmware download apparently differs between the XAA and XAC models.

@DLAD: maybe its time to edit the first post again and update the list of players that arent affected by cinavia. Among others my player the panasonic dmp-bd85 isnt mentioned (posted about that a few days ago)

Actually it's funny that you mention it. I did humorously ponder if that "C" was a newer Cinavia enabled build with a newer model number. I have no clue, however. The specific model is listed on the back and the firmware download apparently differs between the XAA and XAC models.

I obviously meant it as a joke, but, it's actually quite possible I'm afraid.

The player came with my new TV. I received the Samsung BD-C5900-XAA model. The firmware it came pre-installed with was BSP-C5900WWB-1001.1. I don't know how old that is. Regardless, I downloaded the latest firmware dated November 12, 2010 which is BSP-C5900WWB-1008.0. I tested both firmware versions for Cinavia enforcement. It wasn't present. I added this player and the firmware info to the first post in this thread a couple hours ago, actually. ;)

NOTE: There are two models of the BD-C5900: XAA and XAC. I have absolutely no clue what the difference is.

its actually the bd-5900/xeu im looking at as i am in the u.k , ill give it a shot , lol

^^^ Samsung FW models for North America are XAA = America and XAC = Canada

Lg BD530 blue ray player

Does anyone know if the LG BD530 blue ray player has Cinavia protection? Just bought this and haven't received it yet from amazon.

Back