• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Every blu-ray player will have Cinavia with future firmware upgrades no choice in the matter.

All future BD players having Cinavia wouldn't shock any of us. Adding Cinavia to existing players, however, doesn't seem nearly as likely. And so far, still, the software players don't support it. And the freeware solutions never will. The point is, without *PLAYER* support, Cinavia isn't very useful. ;)

Technically they added Cinavia to an existing Player: the PS3 ;) Of course it is much easier to do so with a system that isn't just designed and cpu-limited to blu-ray playback only (and the features it was designed for and available at the time). But still, when more cinavia-protected media hit the market, it could very well be that at least firmware updates for more recent players will incorporate cinavia protection.

Technically they added Cinavia to an existing Player: the PS3 ;) Of course it is much easier to do so with a system that isn't just designed and cpu-limited to blu-ray playback only (and the features it was designed for and available at the time). But still, when more cinavia-protected media hit the market, it could very well be that at least firmware updates for more recent players will incorporate cinavia protection.

The PS3 is also a software based player running on top of the PS3's OS so it's much easier to "update it" than it would be with a traditional stand alone.

Cinavia

I guess the only question that I (and many others have) can HDDVD, in the future (and when :) fix the Cinavia problem, so we can backup our owned collection?

HD DVD?? :confused: How does that have anything at all to do with Cinavia?

HD DVD?? :confused: How does that have anything at all to do with Cinavia?

Replace "HDVD" with "AnyDVD HD" and it makes sense.

The answer being, no, AnyDVD HD will likely not be what removes Cinavia. That job would be better suited in a product like CloneBD.

Hmmm, yea, I guess. But James has already stated that AnyDVD is not likely to ever be able to remove it. It will need to be remastered. Good times.

How about adding in the watermarks to the point where players cant determine what the movie type is?

Pansonic dmp bd65 confirmed working with latest firmware ver 1.27

With the PS3 mostly circumvented, would it be a good idea to post on the PS3 boards about disabling Cinivia. I'm sure the PS3 devs would find the option somewhere.

I just don't have a login to post on them boards about it.

Last edited:
All future BD players having Cinavia wouldn't shock any of us. Adding Cinavia to existing players, however, doesn't seem nearly as likely. And so far, still, the software players don't support it. And the freeware solutions never will. The point is, without *PLAYER* support, Cinavia isn't very useful. ;)

My current sony BDP-S350 is a 1st generation blu-ray player that's cinavia free. I may just purchase 1 or 2 more similar before they're off the market.

With the PS3 mostly circumvented, would it be a good idea to post on the PS3 boards about disabling Cinivia. I'm sure the PS3 devs would find the option somewhere.

I just don't have a login to post on them boards about it.

Sure, mention regional coding removal while you're at it. I'm still using 3.01 firmware, I really don't want that Cinavia crap on my PS3. :bang:

Last edited:
Searching for advice.

Will this issue with cinivia will I have any issue with riping BD titles to a network drive? I was planing to get A BD burner drive and start backing up blu-ray titles with it on my network drive. Now I'm concerned it is an issue that I can't get around.

I am also concerned I was going to get the wrong hardware and not be able to back them up on my network drive due to incompatibility issues.

Can BD files play on the elby virtual drive?

I posted this in another thread with no luck getting an answer. I have read about the Toshiba UDF but that thread has gone mostly inactive and I'm not too sure any of it is valid today.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Kep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New to Blu-Ray and want to spend the least time and money to back up my Blu-Rays to my network drive. I have the full SlySoft software and have had great success backing up my DVD collection on +R Discs.

I have a XPS Dell running XP home media center 32-bit operating system but it has only a RGB PC monitor plug will this create an issue? Since I am not using it as my playback device is there still an issue? If I ever do want to play Blu-Rays on the new drive will the Video card do the job or will I need to upgrade the card to HDMI?

Here is some info on my desktop...

NVIDIA 7600 GS W/512 MB (PNY)
PC Memory is DDR2 @ 4096 MBytes/4.0GB
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz
2 ea Seagate 488GB STS3500641AS (non RAID)
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
I have two optical drives TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183L and a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653A

One of my optical drives will be replaced by a Blu-Ray drive. What one I will keep I have yet to decide. I may keep the light scribe drive if the Blu-Ray drive does not have light scribe.

What Blu-Ray drive I am going to get not too sure of yet. I am also unsure if the Toshiba udf mod will be still needed for it to work with AnyDVD HD version 6.7.2.0, as that is a very old tutorial on the Toshiba UDF update..

The drives I am considering are...
1. Lite-On 4X SATA Blu-ray ROM Drive IHOS104-06
2. Pioneer BDR-205 - Disk drive - BD-RE - 12x/2x/8x - Serial ATA - internal - 5.25
3. Samsung Blu-Ray Internal SATA Drive with Lightscribe SH-B083L/BSBP
4. LG Electronics 10X Blu-ray SATA Writer Drive with Software WH10LS30K - Bulk

Will I have a problem with any of those choices?
Do I or don't I install the software that comes with the new Blu-Ray drive.

Don't all Blue Ray drives do all media such as CD/DVD +-R/ Data DVD as well as DVD movie playback/and the infamous Slysoft DVD backup.

Thanks, Kep

Cinavia won't prevent you from backing anything up. At most, if your player supports it, then your backups will be useless. The answer, of course, is to use a player that doesn't support Cinavia detection. So, you have to decide what player you're going to use to play your backups and whether or not it does, or will, support Cinavia protection.

Oops, I should have thought of that since in this very thread it said AnyDVD HD does not remove it.

I am using my Boxee Box for my network drive at the moment. I can also use my home PC XP home Media center as described above. I am unsure if the Boxee Box has Cinavia protection, my guess is that it does not. I am sure My PC at the moment does not have it since there is no Blu-Ray compatibility yet. I sure hope I get this right. I don't care for 3D so thats not an issue for me LOL.

I ordered this drive since it was cheep and likely does not have Cinavia because it is a very old production drive. I have a hand me down original PS3 I play my originals on now (the one with the 40gig hard drive).

Lite-On 4X SATA Blu-ray ROM Drive IHOS104-06

Thanks, Kep

Cinavia is ONLY in the player. A drive or a PC doesn't contain it. A player software on the PC could (and will). Boxee, I have no idea. Hasn't been reported to.

I am using my Boxee Box for my network drive at the moment. I can also use my home PC XP home Media center as described above. I am unsure if the Boxee Box has Cinavia protection, my guess is that it does not.

Does this "Boxee Box" play original retail Blu-ray discs (including menus)? If not, then it won't have or need Cinavia.

@james

do you think there by any way in the future to bypass this protection, or is cinavia the winner in this race?

SlySoft has stated that they plan on removing Cinavia but that it'll like require CloneBD in order to do so. It's outside the scope of what a realtime driver like AnyDVD is able to accomplish.

Back