• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved: Update virus definitions] AVG confirmed false positive with AnyDVD 6.5.4.4

If you looked around on this forum a little you'd find out what's up. (hint: it's AVG that has the issue)

-W

The problem is with AVG so tell them to exclude this in a update and give out an update soon.

Is every freakin' AnyDVD update going to cause a new AVG scare around here?

-W

Free isn't always good. You know there is an old saying....."You get what you pay for" :D

New update triggering virus warning with AVG

I just downloaded the latest update and AVG (commercial) is warning me that the file contains a virus named “Win32/Themida.” On going to the AVG site, however, I discovered that they do not list any such virus.

I just thought you should know.

The problem is with AVG so tell them to exclude this in a update and give out an update soon.

When I try to run 6.5.4.4, AVG anti virus says it contains a virus.

AVG has had all kind of issues since version 8 was introduced. I started loading Avira on all of my retail builds and I haven't had one complaint.

for users who have avg antivirus:
to allow anydvd to install,just create an exception in resident shield.
until the avg issue is fixed,avg will give out a warning so just click 'ignore' and anydvd will install.

capture_30042009_142116.gif

I have the same problem. Even if I click ignore the file is not there. I can't get the update. I tried finding a way to put in an exception for it but can't figure that out. Guess this means no more Anydvd updates till one of the 2 decide to fix it.

:(

Slysoft has nothing to fix so it is AVG you must contact to get them to fix it meanwhile do this:

until the avg issue is fixed,avg will give out a warning so just click 'ignore' and anydvd will install.

Thanks to mike20021969 for the info.

Is AnyDVD 6.5.4.4 update a Virus?

Just downloaded current AnyDVD update (6.5.4.4) & was told by AVG antivirus that I had a file infected with Win32/Themida virus. Googling this virus say it is an anti copy protection system that IS A VIRUS. What should I do about this update?

Just downloaded current AnyDVD update (6.5.4.4) & was told by AVG antivirus that I had a file infected with Win32/Themida virus. Googling this virus say it is an anti copy protection system that IS A VIRUS. What should I do about this update?

Disable AVG. Install it. Create an exception for the install directory in AVG's resident shield. Contact AVG.

Slysoft has nothing to fix so it is AVG you must contact to get them to fix it meanwhile do this:

Thanks to mike20021969 for the info.

AVG false virus alert

I have the same problem. Even if I click ignore the file is not there. I can't get the update. I tried finding a way to put in an exception for it but can't figure that out. Guess this means no more Anydvd updates till one of the 2 decide to fix it.

:(

I have created this Resident Shield exclusion but I still can't get the update to install.

Last edited:
I can't even save the file with IE or Firefox, it comes up with the warning after and even when I click ignore the file is no where to be found. I tried searching all over how to contact AVG and I have the free version. I can't even email them or ask for help unless I pay $49.95 it want's a paid version license number for any support. :confused:

I have AVG 8.5.323 and I have tried disabling Resident Shield and Web Shield. It won't let you disable everything, there is no settings to disable the the main anti-virus. When the box pops up on the save file scan the window header says

AVG plug-in for Microsoft Office

I feel stupid but this is just crazy to go through trying to do a simple update :mad:

Back