• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

re-ripping BD+ titles

That's always good advice...to keep the installers around for all versions you have. They have a tendency to be hard to find after Cyberlink pulls them from their site. I have every single installer that I've downloaded since I bought it last year on my backup server. It's always good to keep them around.

SamuriHL,

I am using 3319a now. Can you let us know your general impressions after your test/QA the latest PDVD version we discussed in this thread?

Many thanks.

Sure. It won't be until much later today before I even get to install it much less try it out. But I'll post back as soon as I get a chance to run some discs through it. I just got ID4 on BD delivered to me today so I'll be testing that out as my first disc.

Sure. It won't be until much later today before I even get to install it much less try it out. But I'll post back as soon as I get a chance to run some discs through it. I just got ID4 on BD delivered to me today so I'll be testing that out as my first disc.

Many thanks and looking forward your great review!

I've installed it and check out RE:E and am looking at ID4 right now. No problems at all with either. So, this seems like a minor update to 3730 and hopefully it fixes the problems people were having with Across the Universe and other titles. I don't have any of those to try. But overall this release looks ok. Remember to keep your 3730 installer handy just in case.

I've installed it and check out RE:E and am looking at ID4 right now. No problems at all with either. So, this seems like a minor update to 3730 and hopefully it fixes the problems people were having with Across the Universe and other titles. I don't have any of those to try. But overall this release looks ok. Remember to keep your 3730 installer handy just in case.

SamuriHL,

Thanks again for your input. Few questions, I noticed someone mentioned that some BD and/or BD+ will not work in 3319a, can u comment that? Also, I guess I can try, but just wonder about 3370a, is the "play" the folder button grey out? And in order for me to play from the folder in 3370a, I need to copies those files from 3319a to 3370a? Last, any comment about the latest version 8? Did u have a chance to play around that version? I heard we need a new version 8 key...

Thanks!

Lots of questions. :) I can't answer all of them. 3319a has no support for Profile 1.1, so, any BD that uses profile 1.1 will unfortunately likely have issues. (That's not guaranteed but it does seem to be the case on a few. RE: E is one of them) 3319a is the last version that allows play from folder. You will not find any new releases containing that feature. IOW, it's not magically going to return just because we want it to. PowerDVD 8 beta sucked beyond anything I've seen. Not stable at all. Wait for the official release to pass judgement on that one. Yes, you will need to purchase an upgrade. It will not be free.

Lots of questions. :) I can't answer all of them. 3319a has no support for Profile 1.1, so, any BD that uses profile 1.1 will unfortunately likely have issues. (That's not guaranteed but it does seem to be the case on a few. RE: E is one of them) 3319a is the last version that allows play from folder. You will not find any new releases containing that feature. IOW, it's not magically going to return just because we want it to. PowerDVD 8 beta sucked beyond anything I've seen. Not stable at all. Wait for the official release to pass judgement on that one. Yes, you will need to purchase an upgrade. It will not be free.

Thanks again for all your input here. Since I've trouble free for my BD collection, so far with my 3319a about 50 BD & BD+ now, in my case I am going to stay on the side as long as I can until stable official V8 release. Thanks again.

This has been discussed before.

-open imgburn, select create image from files/folder
-select the folder that contains your existing rip
-in options, make sure udf 2.5 is selected
-go for it.

ahh, I forgot to select udf 2.5, that's where I messed up, thanks!

Last edited:

Since the play from folder is grayed out, does that mean all movies have to be .iso's and mounted with daemon tools in order to play? I don't want to have to convert all my backups... :*(

Since the play from folder is grayed out, does that mean all movies have to be .iso's and mounted with daemon tools in order to play? I don't want to have to convert all my backups... :*(

Unfortunately, yes, any version past 3319a requires the movie to be a mounted image. PowerDVD will not play from folders beyond 3319a.

Thanks again for all your input here. Since I've trouble free for my BD collection, so far with my 3319a about 50 BD & BD+ now, in my case I am going to stay on the side as long as I can until stable official V8 release. Thanks again.

As I recommended in another thread, even if you plan to stay with 3319a which is completely fine, make SURE you download each and every new release that comes out from Cyberlink just so you have a copy of the installers. You never know when you might need a particular version for some reason or another. And once Cyberlink removes them from their server, they become a pain to find. Just burn them to cd or keep them on a backup server like I do. It will make your life easier when and if you do need it.

As DLaD said, yea, you would need to convert them to ISO if you want to play them back in any version past 3319a. See above for the quickest and easiest way to do that. It's a pain, yes, no question, but, once it's done then you'll have protection free ISO backups of your movie that'll play with any future version of PowerDVD. Otherwise you're going to eventually face a situation where you either need 2 versions of PowerDVD installed or you simply won't be able to play a new movie. As I said, you guys can stick with whatever works for you, but, eventually you'll get a disc that doesn't work and then you'll have to make a choice.

As I recommended in another thread, even if you plan to stay with 3319a which is completely fine, make SURE you download each and every new release that comes out from Cyberlink just so you have a copy of the installers. You never know when you might need a particular version for some reason or another. And once Cyberlink removes them from their server, they become a pain to find. Just burn them to cd or keep them on a backup server like I do. It will make your life easier when and if you do need it.

As DLaD said, yea, you would need to convert them to ISO if you want to play them back in any version past 3319a. See above for the quickest and easiest way to do that. It's a pain, yes, no question, but, once it's done then you'll have protection free ISO backups of your movie that'll play with any future version of PowerDVD. Otherwise you're going to eventually face a situation where you either need 2 versions of PowerDVD installed or you simply won't be able to play a new movie. As I said, you guys can stick with whatever works for you, but, eventually you'll get a disc that doesn't work and then you'll have to make a choice.

Thanks guys. Btw, why does imgburn take 30-60 mins longer to rip a movie than the anydvd ripper?

No. It takes about the same as far as I know. Never really compared them but ImgBurn doesn't take more than an hour for me when ripping and usually 35-40 minutes.

I'll be honest with you...I have no idea what the ripping speed of my LG drive is. But, most of the images I've made so far are under 30 gigs. A few that are over 40 have take a little bit longer than an hour. I never really think about it as I do it on my HTPC, so, once I set it to rip, I just let it go til it's done.

i tried to re-rip fnatastic four ROSS i already had the ripped file on the hdd so i then took the bdmv file and used img burn to make an .iso afterwards i mounted it with damon tools and with anydvd hd in the background made another .iso but when i checked under anydvd hd it said nothing about BD+ only that media is not aacs protected i did all this and the movie will not play any suggestions?

Back