• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

re-ripping BD+ titles

i tried to re-rip fnatastic four ROSS i already had the ripped file on the hdd so i then took the bdmv file and used img burn to make an .iso afterwards i mounted it with damon tools and with anydvd hd in the background made another .iso but when i checked under anydvd hd it said nothing about BD+ only that media is not aacs protected i did all this and the movie will not play any suggestions?
If you already had it ripped to the harddrive I assume that was done before BD+ was broken. Then when you made the first ISO from that folder you'd have to have included the BDSVM folder as well in the ISO. Then AnydvdHD would have seen it was BD+ and removed the BD+ as you made the final ISO

Did you make sure to set UDF 2.5 when you made the new image with ImgBurn?

yes i did.But i did not include the BDSVM folder like Adbear suggested ill try that and see if it works. thanks

If you already had it ripped to the harddrive I assume that was done before BD+ was broken. Then when you made the first ISO from that folder you'd have to have included the BDSVM folder as well in the ISO. Then AnydvdHD would have seen it was BD+ and removed the BD+ as you made the final ISO

should i also have anydvd hd enabled when i turn the ripped folder into an .iso the first time as well because thats what i did?

It only matters when you mount the iso. AnyDVD won't touch the folder contents at all, so, it makes no difference when you're creating the iso whether or not AnyDVD is active. When you mount it, however, that's when the BD+ will get removed.

do i need the .mds file that is made with my .iso file in imgburn?

ok thanks followed your advice and everything works great now thanks

I'll be honest with you...I have no idea what the ripping speed of my LG drive is. But, most of the images I've made so far are under 30 gigs. A few that are over 40 have take a little bit longer than an hour. I never really think about it as I do it on my HTPC, so, once I set it to rip, I just let it go til it's done.
Yeah, I do that too, but sometimes I have 2 or more to do at a time and so I'm "waiting" for the first ones to finish. :)

Did you make sure to set UDF 2.5 when you made the new image with ImgBurn?
Both HD DVD and Blu-Ray use the same UDF format, right? (2.5)

No, the .mds is not needed for BD/HD DVD images.

How does .mds files differ from .cue files? They look the same (or too close I haven't noticed a difference without comparing two files side by side).

Yeah, I do that too, but sometimes I have 2 or more to do at a time and so I'm "waiting" for the first ones to finish. :)

Well, get yourself another drive and use the multiple AnyDVD Ripper instances. :D That doesn't help make ISOs, though. You could probably run CloneCD for one drive and ImgBurn for the other. :D

Both HD DVD and Blu-Ray use the same UDF format, right? (2.5)

Actually, no, I think HD DVD uses UDF 2.6. I could be wrong but I believe that's right.

How does .mds files differ from .cue files? They look the same (or too close I haven't noticed a difference without comparing two files side by side).

I know the MDS files for DVD's contain layer break information, but, I don't believe there's any value for HD DVD/BD images. How it relates to .cue? I don't think they are the same at all but I don't know. I'm not very knowledgeable in this area.

Any advice on how to play 3:10 Yuma from ISO - 3319a can't access menu and 3730 is just a black screen?

Any plans for a switch for the 3730a?

Thanks

Back