• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't rip 30 Days of Night either

FictionalJoe

Simlar probem as OP - here's the detail...

(1) AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 enabled for source drive
(2) I click "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk..."
(3) Rip reaches 50% status and stops, then I get the following error dialogue:
"FileIO 3 VTS_01_4.VOB 512057344 321536"
(4) Only option is to Abort and either delete or retain the partial files that were created

Any ideas?

Simlar probem as OP - here's the detail...

(1) AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 enabled for source drive
(2) I click "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk..."
(3) Rip reaches 50% status and stops, then I get the following error dialogue:
"FileIO 3 VTS_01_4.VOB 512057344 321536"
(4) Only option is to Abort and either delete or retain the partial files that were created

Any ideas?

I just backed it up fine, it might be a bad disc, have you tried a diffrent one? Are you having problems with all disc or just this one?

@FictionalJoe,

Do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads please unless you wish to assist them. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=87585&postcount=4 and read fully. Thank you.

1. a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited:
Webslinger,

Nice diagnosis - running Nero speed scan now and it hit damaged and bad 'sectors' about 50% of the way through the scan.

Guess I have to exchange the disc...glad I found out now before the return/exchange policy expired.

As an aside, would these errors normally show up during playback of the original disc or will it just depend on where they are (like in the bonus material, etc vs. the movie)? I ask becasue we started watching it last night but had to stop before we got halfway through - we were going to resume tonight but does it make sense to wait until I get a new copy?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

As an aside, would these errors normally show up during playback of the original disc or will it just depend on where they are (like in the bonus material, etc vs. the movie)?

Not necessarily. Playing a disc is never a good test to see whether the disc is actually defective in some manner. The process used for copying a disc and playback are different, and standalone players also operate in a different manner. In many cases a defective disc may still play fine in a standalone dvd player.

But the problem may also be that you have something installed on your system that is interfering with other programs (including Anydvd). Unless you upload the .zip file, I won't be able to check.

Sorry - thought maybe the file was a moot point.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_30 Days Of Nights.zip
    123.9 KB · Views: 7
Sorry - thought maybe the file was a moot point.

When I ask for something, I always need that information for a reason.

Iviaspi (system32\drivers\iviaspi.sys), Version: 1.0.0.0 (1.0.0.0)
Company: InterVideo, Inc.
Product: InterVideo ASPI Shell
Copyright: InterVideo, Inc. 1999-2003. All rights reserved.
Description: InterVideo ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0,

Typically that's installed by Pinnacle Studio (and possibly Windvd)

James says that filter can cause problems: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36523&postcount=9

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii)Go to "Tools"-->"Filter Drive Load Order"
iv) Select "Iviaspi"; select "remove selected filter". Then click "ok", and reboot.

The program(s) that installed those filters will no longer work properly.

Here are a couple of other things to do as well:

1. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware if possible.
If you don't know how to go about doing this, visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

2. You can try reducing your drive's read speed

Last edited:
Back