• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Computer SHUTS DOWN

mikeandirene

Please someone help me! I put in a disc, and it goes thru the first phase, then spits out the disc and asks for a blank one. When i put the blank disc in, after the computer recognizes there's a disc there, all of a sudden the computer SHUTS DOWN and restarts! It doesn't do this all the time, but quite often lately. I am no computer geek. What could possibly be wrong!??

Please someone help me! I put in a disc, and it goes thru the first phase, then spits out the disc and asks for a blank one. When i put the blank disc in, after the computer recognizes there's a disc there, all of a sudden the computer SHUTS DOWN and restarts! It doesn't do this all the time, but quite often lately. I am no computer geek. What could possibly be wrong!??

You're using Clonedvd, I'm guessing?

1. Check for dust inside your case. Turn power off first on the power supply. Check for dust inside fans in the power supply, cpu, graphics card . . .

2. It's possible there's an issue with your computer's power supply.

3. It's possible you have something on your system that is causing conflicts with Clonedvd. Do this so that someone can check:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

CDRDRV (System32\Drivers\Cdrdrv.sys), Version: 6.0.3.341 (6.0.0.0)
Company: Pinnacle Systems GmbH
Product: InstantWrite
Copyright: (c) Pinnacle Systems GmbH
Description: InstantWrite Driver
FileVersion: 6, 0, 3, 341
ProductVersion: 6, 0, 0, 0
SpecialBuild: InstantWrite 2000

ASAPIW2K (System32\Drivers\ASAPIW2K.sys), Version: 6.0.2.27 (6.0.2.0)
Company: Pinnacle Systems GmbH
Product: asapi
Copyright: (c) 1997-2003 by Pinnacle Systems GmbH
Description: ASAPI
FileVersion: 6, 0, 2, 27
ProductVersion: 6, 0, 2, 0

Vob's or Pinnacle's Instantwrite is packet writing software and can cause conflicts with Anydvd. If you want drag-and-drop functionality (as you would use a floppy disc), use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

DRVMCDB (System32\DRIVERS\drvmcdb.sys), Version: 3.21.45.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: VERITAS Software, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright © VERITAS Software, Inc.
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.21.45a

This filter from Veritas may also cause issues.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "CDRDRV". Click "Remove Selected Filter". select "drvmcdb". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "ASAPIW2K". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "Cdr4_xp". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

2. Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden (not Valuline) blank media only

3. Check for dust inside your case. Turn power off first on the power supply. Check for dust inside fans in the power supply, cpu, graphics card . . .

4. It's possible there's an issue with your computer's power supply. Get it looked at.

For the restarting issue: Go to Start-Right clik "My Computer" -clik "Properties"-clik "Advanced"=Look for "Startup and Recovery" and clik on "Settings"-Under "System Failure" UNCHECK "Automatically Restart".
That will allow Windows to give you an error message instead of restarting.
The error message can help to pin down the restarting problem.
Anything from dust buildup to failing hardware can cause your problem.

Joe, that was a great tip!
I knew that was somewhere but I never remember to change it to do not restart till I have a issue and then I can't remember where the setting is.
I had the restart problem the other day with this computer when i was installing drivers. One of the drivers was not very compatible and the machine would just restart. It was driving me crazy. My problem was with the SATA burners I just purchased, no probs with the Lite-On burners just drivers. I have dis-connected them for now till that card gets here Wednesday.
I hope you figure out what was going on with your restarting problem, make sure you post here and let us know what the prob was.

Last edited:
Back