• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved AP - Titles I ran past yesterday that are SD that should be HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQ

I have today and yesterday run past a few titles on AP that were 960x400. It was 3 or more.

There might be some correlation between them but I stopped here on 1 that I know should be in HD.

"Despicable Me 3"

My log is attached.

--EDIT--
I am seeing more of these. Now the one I mentioned above is listed as HD. But I am oddly seeing others that you would assume would be HD but are not listed that way. "Madagascar 3" from 2012. Not listed as HD. "Flushed Away" 2006, not HD. Weird.

--EDIT 2--
AP does have HD titles they don't list as HD. Just ran into one.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.6.0.astlog
    5.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Let me try
Yes sir! The only thing all these have in common that I can see if they are animation but I don't think that means anything.

Hi DQ, Did you use the dropdown box? When it opened for me it was on SD, but when I opened the dropdown box HD was there and I just enabled it.

Hi DQ, Did you use the dropdown box? When it opened for me it was on SD, but when I opened the dropdown box HD was there and I just enabled it.
Yes sir I always hit the drop down to see what's available. "Splash" 1984, also SD only.

Here is my drop down from Despicable Me 3.

1712066171619.png

I bet its the codec. Let me check.

No, not codec. This is AVC CBR.

1712066338129.png

Despicable Me is also on Peacock in 1080p, if you have Peacock try that.

Hey DQ, in your region do you have to pay money to rent these cartoons? I just spent almost 25€ trying those, wondering if those animations are that costly in your region.

Hey DQ, in your region do you have to pay money to rent these cartoons? I just spent almost 25€ trying those, wondering if those animations are that costly in your region.
Everything I am working on in the context of this situation has been purchased yes. AP is real odd with prices and I know it is algorithmic. Sometimes titles are cheap and sometimes they are silly. For example. During the year, Christmas movies are either on AP for free or low in price. Near the holidays they come off AP for free and the prices go up. I am just saying that out loud, I know you know that already.

I apologize for you having to spend money on that.

Everything I am working on in the context of this situation has been purchased yes. AP is real odd with prices and I know it is algorithmic. Sometimes titles are cheap and sometimes they are silly. For example. During the year, Christmas movies are either on AP for free or low in price. Near the holidays they come off AP for free and the prices go up. I am just saying that out loud, I know you know that already.

I apologize for you having to spend money on that.
That's okay DQ, it's part of the job. ;)

Don't know where DQ resides, but in my slice of unreality that is the US here's a sample of what Amazon charges for rentals/purchases.

AP pricing.jpg

Personally I have more than enough purchased on DVD/Bluray and AS downloaded "free" content that purchasing digital content is not needed. If I really want something I will buy it on disc. Occasionally I wait for it to show up as free on one of the many providers available in AS I am already subscribed to.

Despicable Me 1 and 2 are on Peacock in 1080p for free. ( or the price of the subscription )

Despicable Me 1 and 2 are on Peacock in 1080p for free. ( or the price of the subscription )
I am subscribed to Peacock through my cable company, Xfinity.

Several of the animated movies DQ mentioned in the first post are available on Peacock.

I am a big fan of "classic" animated fare. Looney Tunes, for example, as well as early Pixar. Computer animated fare by other studios just aren't as interesting to me.

YMMV, of course. 😉

I am subscribed to Peacock through my cable company, Xfinity.

Several of the animated movies DQ mentioned in the first post are available on Peacock.

I am a big fan of "classic" animated fare. Looney Tunes, for example, as well as early Pixar. Computer animated fare by other studios just aren't as interesting to me.

YMMV, of course. 😉
I am an adult who loves animation. I enjoy the simplicity and innocence of such films. I watch more "kids shows" than my daughter does :p

Don't know where DQ resides, but in my slice of unreality that is the US here's a sample of what Amazon charges for rentals/purchases.
I am in the USA good sir.

I can see from y'alls responses these are on Peacock. I don't currently have Peacock but I own them on AP. Hence the focus on AP here.

Last edited:
I am an adult who loves animation. I enjoy the simplicity and innocence of such films. I watch more "kids shows" than my daughter does :p

I am in the USA good sir.

I can see from y'alls responses these are on Peacock. I don't currently have Peacock but I own them on AP. Hence the focus on AP here.
Dont worry DQ, have I ever let you down, Bud? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back