• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Amazon Prime Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please post a logfile right after the button does not show and BEFORE pressing F5. Because otherwise the log content gets overwritten and is useless.
Before

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.2.0.astlog
    232.6 KB · Views: 2
@Pete @RedFox 1
Ah yes, just one more detail.
When you enter AS, the download button disappears as already mentioned, but pressing F5 without having to change codecs also makes the download option appear.
I have not seen it.

This is extremely difficult to tackle, because I simply can't reproduce it - I've been clicking and searching and clicking again, the download button is 100% reliably there and shows the correct content.

What I can tell from the log files, is that in the bad cases, AnyStream doesn't seem to get a notification, when a page loads.

So, please download this version:

It will NOT fix the issue and is not intended to, but it adds a little bit of extra logging, that might help narrow down the cause.
I will need another log file, then (without pressing F5 - I also don't need log files made after pressing F5, that I can do myself ;))

And yes: choosing different codecs has nothing to do with this.
Unfortunately, often, when problems are of a somewhat random nature, people tend to jump to conclusions, when an unrelated or ineffective action incidentally is followed by success (much like praying or homeopathy).

Last edited:
and after pressing F5 two separate log files
😁 actually, I explicitly said, that I don't need any log files from after pressing F5 (because it just adds confusion without providing an iota of additional information).

Anyway...
This log file looks like you didn't even visit a page with downloadable content.
It looks like you just opened AnyStream and immediately created a log file - is that maybe the case?

😁 actually, I explicitly said, that I don't need any log files from after pressing F5 (because it just adds confusion without providing an iota of additional information).
I just woke up, I am not awake yet, sorry Pete.o_O

Last edited:
Generated a new log after updating to 1.8.2.2

I clicked on Amazon tab, navigated to a movie that should be downloadable, (no button), created log.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.2.2.astlog
    417.2 KB · Views: 2
This log file looks like you didn't even visit a page with downloadable content.
It looks like you just opened AnyStream and immediately created a log file - is that maybe the case?
Hey @Pete , in this case I went into AS and selected 2 series to view and went through them, as you asked me not to press F5 I did that.
But in that case, what would I have to do?
I wanted to help.
The download option only appears if I press F5.

@Pete
If you press F5 once in series in season 1, for example and it was for season 2, in the download option there is season 1 to download, but if you press F5 it corrects it to the correct one.

@Pete

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't be possible to just programmatically refresh the page after having clicked on a movie or tv show that's available for download?

Hey @Pete , in this case I went into AS and selected 2 series to view and went through them, as you asked me not to press F5 I did that.
But in that case, what would I have to do?
It's ok, there's just somehow some information missing.

I clicked on Amazon tab, navigated to a movie that should be downloadable, (no button), created log.
Thanks, there is some bug in the browser implementation, unfortunately, that's a 3rd party software and we have no way of fixing it. I don't know, why this is suddenly surfacing, as nothing has changed - it may be triggered as a side-effect caused by some small change on Amazon's side.
But I might have a workaround for this.

@Pete

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't be possible to just programmatically refresh the page after having clicked on a movie or tv show that's available for download?
Well, that is effectively, what always happens, when you click on a link, the page gets refreshed, otherwise you wouldn't see a change.
Just stupidly adding another refresh "to be safe" would be a crappy move, just doubling the traffic and workload - especially considering, that this seems to happen only to a select few.

It's ok, there's just somehow some information missing.

Thanks, there is some bug in the browser implementation, unfortunately, that's a 3rd party software and we have no way of fixing it. I don't know, why this is suddenly surfacing, as nothing has changed - it may be triggered as a side-effect caused by some small change on Amazon's side.
But I might have a workaround for this.

Well, that is effectively, what always happens, when you click on a link, the page gets refreshed, otherwise you wouldn't see a change.
Just stupidly adding another refresh "to be safe" would be a crappy move, just doubling the traffic and workload - especially considering, that this seems to happen only to a select few.
It is happening with me to not getting the button to download. The newest Beta fixed the problem I had with Baywatch though.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.2.1.astlog
    361.1 KB · Views: 2
Sadly it did not work. New log attached.
Pressing F5 still works to get the button to show up.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.2.3.astlog
    392.2 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back