• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Summer Ghost BluRay crashes AnyDVD HD 8.6.6.0

@James , that sounds confusing to me. Right now either drive type will complain about Libredrive, be it a Pioneer or an ASUS / LG. if you want / can fix it you would have to check upfront if it is an UHD and only then invoke Makemkv. I don't know if that is feasible.

I will try to improve non-UHD handling by not using LibreDrive with Pioneer drives, as I believe the problems only occur with Asus/LG.

I'll have to do some testing on this later with my Pio drive. I have....concerns.

Trust me, I am a professional. :LOL:

Trust me, I am a professional. :LOL:
James, it's inconsistent with a LG drive. It works initially with BDs and shows in my case region 2. Then I put an UHD in and it shows also region 2. Then again the same UHD and it switches to region 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8. If I the put a BD in it is still 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and uses Libredrive.

The Pioneer worked in my first tests but I have to test more.

Very strange....

After inserting the UHDs as outlined above this BD uses Libredrive.

1698164818662.png

If I insert this other BD it doesn't use Libredrive and it is repeatable.

1698164960633.png

But you see always the weird region 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 which was not the case before I inserted the UHD a second time before testing BDs.

I'm not worried about the LG drives. I'm quite sure James handled that situation right. It's the Pio drives I'm concerned about. But it's going to take a bit to validate my assumption. Maybe he's a magician which would be impressive. LOL

I just saw: Oblivion BD doesn't ask for BusEncryption. Earth 2 Moon does. If that matters.

Yes you need a BD that asks for bus encryption to test my theory. I'm going to work on it a bit later to see if I can break it. BD's that don't ask for bus encryption aren't at risk.

I both have the BU40N and the Pioneer UD04. Also, I recently got some discs with bus encryption. So I also could do a bit of testing if needed. Just tell me what I need to do.
If you don't have specific things to try, I will just insert some discs to see what happens. But that won't happen today anymore.

@James gets to keep his magician hat. Pretty impressive. I know why it works with Pio and not with LG/Asus but it's still impressive. I was unable to break it.

James, it's inconsistent with a LG drive. It works initially with BDs and shows in my case region 2. Then I put an UHD in and it shows also region 2. Then again the same UHD and it switches to region 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8. If I the put a BD in it is still 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and uses Libredrive.

The Pioneer worked in my first tests but I have to test more.
This is expected behaviour. AnyDVD will not use LibreDrive for BD. But once the LG drive is "infected" by LibreDrive (UHD disc), LibreDrive will be used for non-UHD, too.

This is expected behaviour. AnyDVD will not use LibreDrive for BD. But once the LG drive is "infected" by LibreDrive (UHD disc), LibreDrive will be used for non-UHD, too.

Yup. I made sure the Pio behaves the way you expect cause I thought of a whacked edge case that might have broken it. But seems to have worked fine. If only LG/Asus would behave properly...

If I insert this other BD it doesn't use Libredrive and it is repeatable.
That's because the disc does not enable bus encryption. Probably saving same cents AACS licensing fees. :)

Back