• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Finally some news about Paramount+!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The competitor has it and its 1080p, most lileky will be the same for AS

As another user noticed, the competitor also can download 1080p on NF, AS cannot atm.
Of course I don't want to decline it as I hope to get Star Trek in a good quality, also I know the devs are good, but what the competiter does doesn't mean necessarily that AS will work the same way.

As another user noticed, the competitor also can download 1080p on NF, AS cannot atm.
Of course I don't want to decline it as I hope to get Star Trek in a good quality, also I know the devs are good, but what the competitor does ,doesn't mean necessarily that AS will work the same way.
I sometimes look at what competitors do and the last time I looked they had many more issues than we ever had. Deepspace is correct, how we code our project is not the same way any other competitor does.

The beauty of Paramount plus in the US right now is they don't implement DRM for their TV section at all (nope, not a bit), so you can use Youtube-dl or one of it's forks to download without needing a DRM tool like AS. The movie side does implement DRM, though most of the movies aren't exclusive, so you can usually pull from another provider that AS already services.

they don't implement DRM for their TV section at all (nope, not a bit), so you can use Youtube-dl
That sounds a bit weird, however, it is very cool for us (y):dance:
But we don't know how the Germany version will turn out or if they are going to change it in the future, when they start to expand. Of course I hope they don't, but let's see.

Maybe so but still unsubscribed P+ within 24h due to competitor not fetching subs for Scandinavian users, some limitation apparently .. P+ not for me with such limitations :p .. if not AS can do it per say

Maybe so but still unsubscribed P+ within 24h due to competitor not fetching subs for Scandinavian users, some limitation apparently .. P+ not for me with such limitations :p .. if not AS can do it per say
Paramount seems to have an on again off again sub problem....If you can, try through Amazon...it's more reliable....I do realize it may not be offered as a channel for you.

I do realize it may not be offered as a channel for you.

No it's not an option for me, if AS crew some day add P+ they should take this option in consideration for Scandinavian users hence could be a deal breaker for some which program they buy.. was kinda stumped when tried with competitor, so much for that P+ trial with null subs, what good does 1080 do then :whistle:

Yeah its odd that the subs dont work on the nordic side but works on the US side

really hope AS adds P+, and multi audio ofcorse ;)

what good does 1080 do then
This depends on the reason why you want to get these subs. For example I always download the subs since I am on it anyway, but I never used them outside the forced ones since I watch in my native language.
So the audio is en and you want to have the tl in your language, the subs are important to understand whats going on. But in my case, the video quality is more important. The main reason I want to get P+ is because I hope that they have Star Trek Voyager and Deep Space Nine in a better resolution/quality than NF had. (and of course the other things like Strange New Worlds and Prodigy, that is not available in germany yet).

Yeah its odd that the subs dont work on the nordic side but works on the US side
At the beginning, AS did not support image-based subtitles or they were not possible to save as srt or something. Maybe there is something on the providers side that is different to Amz, NF and so on on how they handle or save the subtitles and they couldn't get it to work.

This depends on the reason why you want to get these subs.

A rough estimate on behalf of our Nordic users is that 99% would want subtitles no matter how good English, as for competitor those users buying un-trialed they are are in for a treat, no words about no P+ subtitles whatsoever.. If AS now can arrange in near future they have a great deal breaker for sure for our Nordic users regarding P+ .. I'm fairly good at English myself but didn't take long to unsubscribe after realizing competitor was nuked with no subs.. basically WTF (n)

A rough estimate on behalf of our Nordic users is that 99% would want subtitles no matter how good English, as for competitor those users buying un-trialed they are are in for a treat, no words about no P+ subtitles whatsoever.. If AS now can arrange in near future they have a great deal breaker for sure for our Nordic users regarding P+ .. I'm fairly good at English myself but didn't take long to unsubscribe after realizing competitor was nuked with no subs.. basically WTF (n)
Most of the competition is having issues with subs on all providers, we do not have those issues. If and when we enable Paramount+ as a provider if there are subs, we will have them.

Most of the competition is having issues with subs on all providers, we do not have those issues. If and when we enable Paramount+ as a provider if there are subs, we will have them.

Awesome and I know you will, yes it's easy to flash 30+ providers with intentions only to sell sell sell, but not even half of it is working and their maintenance far below what AS offer when comes to those things, I mean what's next, movies without audio in certain countries?.. they still keep pushing out new providers like one every month or so and that's like digging their own grave maintenance wise .. now, it's not like I hate the other program but much stuff appears broken the more you keep using it and the more they add the more broken it gets

Awesome and I know you will, yes it's easy to flash 30+ providers with intentions only to sell sell sell, but not even half of it is working and their maintenance far below what AS offer when comes to those things, I mean what's next, movies without audio in certain countries?.. they still keep pushing out new providers like one every month or so and that's like digging their own grave maintenance wise .. now, it's not like I hate the other program but much stuff appears broken the more you keep using it and the more they add the more broken it gets
I saw one of our competitors just started charging for an update for DRM.

I saw one of our competitors just started charging for an update for DRM.

Lol on both those parts. There are no "competitors" to Anystream ;) and charging for a DRM update? cmon. Paying for a product, and then charge additional fees every time a DRM gets updated? Seriously, thats pretty much biting the hand that feeds you. Those updates happen a ton of times. If it's the monkey doing this (wouldn't surprise me), maybe we'll see a lot more users getting Anystream then instead ;)

Lol on both those parts. There are no "competitors" to Anystream ;) and charging for a DRM update? cmon. Paying for a product, and then charge additional fees every time a DRM gets updated? Seriously, thats pretty much biting the hand that feeds you. Those updates happen a ton of times. If it's the monkey doing this (wouldn't surprise me), maybe we'll see a lot more users getting Anystream then instead ;)
That's why I haven't touched the monkey and their products in over a decade, and I'll never bother using them again, even if RedFox would somehow go under.

That's how much I can't stand them, especially concerning their dishonesty and 'bait and switch' methods.

There are no "competitors" to Anystream ;)

There actually are, they have been running quite well.

and charging for a DRM update?
No, charging for access to additional DRM modules , not an update. Kind of like AS does with Hulu, etc.

Now, for some members , this shouldn’t be a charge (we paid for a product under the guise of “all future modules”), but that’s a totally different story

maybe we'll see a lot more users getting Anystream then instead ;)
Not unless AS all of the sudden gets it together and starts adding things like scheduling , other services, and expands that token offering .

I’ve been fairly critical of both , and fairly complementary when necessary. Both are tools in the box and both have their benefits There are things both do well, and things both do poorly. To claim there is no competition is just ignorant , at best.

There is certainly some competition going on and they read these forums for sure, I say that because they copy many of your suggestions made here on these forums into their program, latest addition "file size thingy" suggested just a few days ago by DQ and others which just became a thing there, pre-selection of audio/subs, scheduling, hibernation etc etc.. list can be made long, just days or weeks after seeing things suggested here it often becomes a thing there

Of course, tuning in and learning from each other can be a good thing for everyone, but clearly 30-40+ providers/modules whatever?.. I hope that AS never do this many, it will turn any downloader into shiite eventually, best would be the most used or popular for the time being, a reasonable amount for good upkeep .. P+ would be a thumbs up to stay on topic, even better if AS can incl subs, competitor clearly couldn't be bothered, maybe they don't watch movies? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back