• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Safedisc 4.6

coolio986

Here I am stuck trying everything to get Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition working. (cd version)

I have the latest version of clone cd.

I am reading the cd with a pioneer dvr-111d with the "protected game cd" profile. Everytime I burn the cd I set the write speed to 4x and enhance weak sectors. I enable hide CDR Media but it always comes back with the dialog "Please insert the correct cd and try again"

I have also tried it with a nec nd-3520aw and no luck.

If I try and read the cd with a reader to disable atip after a long time of waiting it finally gives me the dialog "Please insert the correct cd and try again".

anybody got an idea of how to make this work?

From what I understand gamejackal allows you to make an emulated backup. Is there any chance that I can make a 1:1 backup of my game and put it back to cd?

From what I understand gamejackal allows you to make an emulated backup. Is there any chance that I can make a 1:1 backup of my game and put it back to cd?
I have no idea at all. :confused: Can you make an emulated back-up with GameJackal and then then burn it to a CD?

If cycling "hide CDR Media" on and off doesn't work, then I doubt it.

I can make an emulation with alcohol 120 and then use sd4hide to make it work. But thats not really making a working backup. Thats just making an emulation of it.

Is there any way to make a working cd backup of the game without having to modify the existing game or use a safedisc killer app?

I can make an emulation with alcohol 120 and then use sd4hide to make it work. But thats not really making a working backup. Thats just making an emulation of it.

Is there any way to make a working cd backup of the game without having to modify the existing game or use a safedisc killer app?

Without an original Plextor Premium cd-rw drive, I doubt it (and even with one, I'm not sure).

That said, part of the problem, may be that you have Alcohol's virtual drives running while using your Clonecd backup. All virtual drives should be disabled.

Last edited:
When the game is launched all virtual drives are removed. Is ccd able to copy safedisc 4.6?

When the game is launched all virtual drives are removed. Is ccd able to copy safedisc 4.6?

Your capacity to be able to is based on your hardware. If Alcohol can't without emulation on your system, then it's highly unlikely that Clonecd will be able to on your system either. Slysoft's solution for emulation is to use Game Jackal (which does tend to use smaller profiles).

What hardware would it take to make a backup?

Possibly original Plextor Premium cd-rw drives, which are no longer made. Basically, I don't think anything is going to do it for you without emulation.

Last edited:
They are rare to find but they are out there. I can get one I might just give it a shot

They are rare to find but they are out there. I can get one I might just give it a shot

Plextor did release another premium drive much later than the original. Those newer ones are reported not to work as well.

i've tested safedisc several times ... only thing about a real 1:1-backup i can say is:
SafeDisc3 with CloneCD --> successfull
SafeDisc4 with CloneCD --> not successfull (and no other 3rd-party-program can do it!)
you only can make an hdd-emulation with SD4

I've read forums that say people have been able to copy safedisc 4.6. From my understanding the problem isn't reading the cd. Its burning it back out. Is that true? or am I on a wild goose chase?

If the problem is burning it back out is it because of EFM? and enhancement of weak sectors

I've read forums that say people have been able to copy safedisc 4.6. From my understanding the problem isn't reading the cd. Its burning it back out. Is that true? or am I on a wild goose chase?

If the problem is burning it back out is it because of EFM? and enhancement of weak sectors

Without emulation (or the proper hardware), I think you're on a wild goose chase. I often read people claiming a lot of things, and then it turns out they have Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools on their systems anyway (and chances are their backups won't work with those programs uninstalled; basically that means they needed emulation of some sort).

We are entitled to a backup copy of our originals right? If thats the case why aren't we allowed to make one. I understand piracy and the laws but when a person wants to make a legitimate backup in this case its impossible? I know that I can emulate it but what if my computer dies and the hard drive is junk. I loose my backup again. Its almost a crime to let this type of thing get away with.

I know that you keep mentioning that without the proper hardware it can't be done but it almost sounds like even with the proper hardware it cant be done either.

This whole backup copy problem with safedisc sounds like another way to take away our rights to make a backup.

I suppose that I will have to subdue and get gamejackal until something is done about the problem.

We are entitled to a backup copy of our originals right?

If you're in a country that abides by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the United States of America, for example), then no--not if you have to circumvent the digital copy protection measures to produce that backup. In the United States, it's illegal to make backups of anything that has some form of digital copy protection on it. Fair Use Rights, in the U.S., do not supersede the DMCA.

So, in the United States, merely attempting to circumvent anything that has a digital copy protection measure on the disc in order to make a backup is illegal (and you have the DMCA to thank), regardless of whether you own the disc. Does this violate Fair Use Rights? Yes. Do Fair Use Rights take precedence over the DMCA? No. At least, not legally. Will anyone be able to successfully prosecute you for backing up a dvd you purchased (for non-commercial, private, individial use)? Unlikely, but I'm not advising anyone . . .

Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=51861&postcount=1

I suppose that I will have to subdue and get gamejackal until something is done about the problem.

I doubt anything will be. Most games require emulation of some sort now. And safedisc, as a copyprotection, is a lot less insidious than some others that are out there.

Back