• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

OPD error: HTTP error 12029! with Game Of Thrones S1 D2 French

tfboy

Hi,
I've tried to open this disc, but with many problems. Due to the error above, I thought it was internet issue, but it's not - AnyDVD can access the other discs.

Log file attached. Original pressing of a S1-S7 boxset purchased yesterday.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.3.0_Info_E_GAMEOFTHRONES_S1_D2.ziplog
    316 KB · Views: 6
A firewall seems to be blocking AnyDVD's attempt to connect to the online database.

Strange, I have a firewall but have disabled it. And in exactly the same state, other discs can connect to OBD, so it points to a disc-specific issue. I'll try again later. Thanks for the quick response :)

@tfboy, I think James was trying to tell you that the log you posted shows AnyDVD being blocked from accessing the Redfox servers. Whether that's a firewall or something else happening on the network connections between your computer and the Redfox servers is a different question.

If those other discs you mention have been seen and decrypted on your computer by AnyDVD in the past, then you will have local copies of the decrypting information, and OPD access is not required.

It sounds to me like something has changed in your computer's configuration, or your network connection, very recently. A software update, router change, internet service provider change...there are many possibilities.

Just providing food for thought.

Cheers,

--michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks, but it's not that, at least I don't think.

This is a fresh install of 8.3.3.0 on my laptop which has never had AnyDVD installed on it. So there is no previous local database / log of the discs. Three discs I've tried so far all work OK (discs 1, 3 and 4). It's just disc 2 that seems to be problematic.

But, having tried inserted disc 3 and 4, it also seems to provide the same error, but does so silently, not with a pop-up. Furthermore, despite showing this error, the disc seems to decrypt OK. AnyDVD removes AACS and I can then recode with handbrake. Whereas when I try disc 2 and get the popup error message, nothing works at all.

Could this be a red herring?

Is the ODB systematically required to decrypt any disc? If so, I can't understand why discs 1, 3 and 4 appear to work despite showing the same error, although it's silent and doesn't seem major. I've attached a log for disc 4.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.3.0_Info_E_GAMEOFTHRONES_S1_D4_0F5F66DB_B1EB343F.ziplog
    303.4 KB · Views: 3
Ah, yes, there is a built-in small database of old and relatively recent Blu-ray and DVD decryption instructions in the AnyDVD installer, and it may just be your luck that discs 1, 3, and 4 were in that, and disc 2 was not. Also, DVD decryption can be done locally if the keys can be discovered through a quick brute force attempt. (I wonder if AnyDVD tries this if the OPD can't be reached?)

So it might still be the case that your laptop is in some way blocking AnyDVD from calling home to reach the ODB.

@James, what do you see different in the log from disc 4, immediately above, compared to the log for disc 2 the OP posted earlier?

--michael

@mbarnstijn that makes sense. Pop-up didn't appear as it already had info for discs 1, 3 and 4, so being unable to access the OPD didn't really matter. But that isn't the case for disc 2.

I really can't figure out why AnyDVD can't appear to access the Internet. I'm on a good connection. I'll do some more digging with a network analyser. Can anyone specify remote URL / port so I can filter?

Hi,
I've tried to open this disc, but with many problems. Due to the error above, I thought it was internet issue, but it's not - AnyDVD can access the other discs.

Log file attached. Original pressing of a S1-S7 boxset purchased yesterday.

Am I doing anything wrong?
Several people seem to be getting that error currently. Might be a server problem.

Back