• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Noob Question about CloneBD

DQ

I am a long time user of AnyDVD but I just recently realized that CloneBD performs much of the same functionality that Handbrake does, well at least as I would use them. I typically use a combo of AnyDVD and Handbrake to create mp4 or mkv files of movies.

My question is, is CloneBD superior to handbrake? I downloaded the trial and tested it out and I noticed 2 things off the bat.
1) it ripped the movie in about 20mins instead of over an hour
2) the mkv file it created was enormous compared to Handbake even though I tired similar 1080p settings
(for example the last movie I did was animated and Handbrake's file was 4GB and CloneBD was 22GB.

Just looking for some advice and information. Thank you

If it's superior only you can tell. But CloneBD can do hardware accellerated decoding AND encoding. Because of that it can indeed do a rip in that time frame. In fact i can do a full disc BD50 to BD25 in under 15 minutes with my 1080. As to the filesize, before you hit "convert" on that screen there's a slider. That'll let you estimate the file size, which you can modify through removing audio streams, changing audio codec, changing channel layout & Kbps,...

If it's superior only you can tell. But CloneBD can do hardware accellerated decoding AND encoding. Because of that it can indeed do a rip in that time frame. In fact i can do a full disc BD50 to BD25 in under 15 minutes with my 1080. As to the filesize, before you hit "convert" on that screen there's a slider. That'll let you estimate the file size, which you can modify through removing audio streams, changing audio codec, changing channel layout & Kbps,...

Thank you very much, it was mostly the speed difference that threw me. That being the case I will probably purchase it. Thanks again!

Back