• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say it would be. Only answered that an aacs 2.0 Host certificate would be needed. That's all. I have no doubt more will be needed but I'll leave that in your very capable hands ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Status Update:

Got my copy of Planet Earth II UHD. Hooked up my UHD friendly ASUS BW-16D1HT (3.00 FW). Fired up Windows XP (SP2!) from an old 2GB Compact Flash card. Installed AnyDVD 8.2.2.0. Requested trial version. Loaded Disc #1 of Planet Earth II UHD. AnyDVD scanned the disc, and indicated success. Ripped the disc to unprotected image (52.5 GiB). Took the image over to my laptop (Ivy Bridge CPU and graphics) running Gentoo Linux. Fired up my Windows XP VM in VirtualBox (where I do all my Blu Ray work). Unprotected image mounted in Virtual Clone Drive with no trouble. Fired up Kodi in the host OS, and pointed it at the STREAM folder from the mounted image. Loaded up one of the ~17GiB .m2ts files, and....

PRESTO! Snowy mountains and clouds! The disc has been decrypted! It is pegging all 8 of my CPU cores trying to play the video, and stuttering pretty badly, but that was completely expected. I would have been shocked if my Ivy Bridge CPU could playback 3840x2160 HEVC video smoothly. Next I'll try playing it on my systems that have Nvidia GT 1030 cards. They should be able to handle this video.

So, AnyDVD UHD Status: Working!
My status: Very Happy!

I have an ASUS BW-16D1HT w/fw 1.01. Does the fw have to be 3.00? As-is, I popped in my only UHD (The Martian) and the drive never becomes ready. Just like any other drive that isn't capable of reading UHDs.

Thanks!

I have an ASUS BW-16D1HT w/fw 1.01. Does the fw have to be 3.00? As-is, I popped in my only UHD (The Martian) and the drive never becomes ready. Just like any other drive that isn't capable of reading UHDs.

Thanks!
When was it manufactured? My UHD friendly BW-16D1HT was made in January of 2017 and came with 3.00 firmware.

Thanks!
You have a firmware that was issued back in Dec 2016, I'm not sure that firmware will work but it might. You should be able to update to 3.00 and still maintain the ability to rip UHD discs. I'm not sure about any firmware version more recent than that.

I know that early LG WH16NS40 models, which this Asus drive is(just rebadged), are not capable of ripping UHD discs. If your drive is old enough to have 2016 firmware it may be too old to have the capability.

I would try updating it to 3.00 and see what happens. It doesn't appear that 3.00 is available at the Asus site anymore. I believe it can be found from someone here, I think they post here as "TeddyRaspin"?

https://www.asus.com/us/Optical-Drives-Storage/BW16D1HT/HelpDesk_Download/

Last edited:

Thanks!

the 3.02 firmware worked for me as it was described in this post. I followed the 3.02 link from the post and ran the executable. UHD ripping worked fine. I had a newer drive with 3.00 firmware.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-uhd-status.74435/page-17#post-482659

When was it manufactured? My UHD friendly BW-16D1HT was made in January of 2017 and came with 3.00 firmware.

It's the drive that's inside my "Acronova Nimbie USB 3.0 Blu-ray/CD/DVD AutoLoader NB21-BR". I had to go back and check my email to find out when I had ordered the thing. Turns out I ordered it 20151123. I hadn't realized it was a BW-16D1HT until I was looking through this thread and noticed it in the open AnyDVDHD window. Just prior to that I had placed an order for the LG WH16NS40 since that was in an earlier post of compatible drives. I was super excited to see the BW-16D1HT since the Nimbie is main workhorse of my .ISO creation workflow. It would be flat out amazing if that could support UHDs.

When news of the leaked keys dropped, I didn't know, at that time, that only "friendly" drives would be required to take advantage of the oops. I contacted Acronova about seeing if they did anything to the fw of the drive or if an off-the-shelf drive would work as long as the tray mech was ==. They indicated it would but w/out their special alignment jig, it would be nearly impossible for me to get the new drive properly aligned.

That said, I don't know if I can crack it open to the point where I can stick it onto a SATA bus to flash the thing w/out mucking up the alignment. Any idea of there's a flasher that will work over USB?

It's the drive that's inside my "Acronova Nimbie USB 3.0 Blu-ray/CD/DVD AutoLoader NB21-BR". I had to go back and check my email to find out when I had ordered the thing. Turns out I ordered it 20151123. I hadn't realized it was a BW-16D1HT until I was looking through this thread and noticed it in the open AnyDVDHD window. Just prior to that I had placed an order for the LG WH16NS40 since that was in an earlier post of compatible drives. I was super excited to see the BW-16D1HT since the Nimbie is main workhorse of my .ISO creation workflow. It would be flat out amazing if that could support UHDs.

When news of the leaked keys dropped, I didn't know, at that time, that only "friendly" drives would be required to take advantage of the oops. I contacted Acronova about seeing if they did anything to the fw of the drive or if an off-the-shelf drive would work as long as the tray mech was ==. They indicated it would but w/out their special alignment jig, it would be nearly impossible for me to get the new drive properly aligned.

That said, I don't know if I can crack it open to the point where I can stick it onto a SATA bus to flash the thing w/out mucking up the alignment. Any idea of there's a flasher that will work over USB?

I have my drive in a usb enclosure and the firmware mentioned in the post I gave above worked fine. I knew it was a risk but since the firmware executable recognized my drive I went for it and it worked fine. You might want to check out this thread if your not sure.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-uhd-drives-and-firmware-questions.74495/

I have my drive in a usb enclosure and the firmware mentioned in the post I gave above worked fine. I knew it was a risk but since the firmware executable recognized my drive I went for it and it worked fine. You might want to check out this thread if your not sure.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-uhd-drives-and-firmware-questions.74495/

Did you have to remove the drive from the usb enclosure and hook it up to the SATA bus to actually flash it? My issue is opening the Nimbie to get at the physical SATA connector to get it onto a pc's SATA bus may wreck the alignment of the drive rendering the Nimbie not-so-functional. I'd like to keep it functional; it wasn't cheap.

Did you have to remove the drive from the usb enclosure and hook it up to the SATA bus to actually flash it? My issue is opening the Nimbie to get at the physical SATA connector to get it onto a pc's SATA bus may wreck the alignment of the drive rendering the Nimbie not-so-functional. I'd like to keep it functional; it wasn't cheap.

I flashed mine from 3.01 to 3.02 via the ASUS executable in the link from @Jamie over USB and it worked fine. When you run the ASUS exe, you will see a list of all your drives. Just select your ASUS BW-16D1HT drive, then click the button to update the firmware.

I kept it in the enclosure. I was updating the firmware from 3:00 and it was built 2-21-2017. you might want to talk to someone in the firmware thread I gave above. They are the firmware pros

This thread gives you everything you need and @TeddyRaspin can fix broken firmware updates. I suggest you keep the old firmware before updating. Just in case.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/dumping-downgrading-firmware-on-uhd-friendly-devices.74479/

Last edited:
Whenever I view the UHD main title in the CloneBD Preview Player, after a few seconds it stops playing and the audio starts looping.

I can't seem to get a clip to play for at least the 30 second minimum needed to detect Cinavia.

Doing this on a very robust PC that has no trouble with the Preview Player for Blu Rays (or with playing UHD's outside of CBD for that matter).

Any suggestions?

When I get a chance, I'll check the entire collection and see if this always happens.

If it does, I'll post something in the CloneBD forum.

T

So I heard that there was a specific requirement for an 8th generation Intel CPU in order to have the ability to play Ultra HD movies on a Pioneer Ultra HD drive, is this true?
  • A PC that supports AACS 2.0 and Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX)
  • A GPU that has an HDMI 2.0a output with HDCP 2.2 (and AACS2 supported by its driver, which eliminates current-gen standalone GPUs) and,
  • A 4K TV/display that has an HDMI 2.0a input with HDCP 2.2.
Are the CPU requirements enforced and have any of the limitations patched/hacked yet or am I worrying too much?

Last edited:
Mike at MakeMKV.

AnyDVD has no keys of their own - they just steal hashed keys and import into their database.

Ouch! I thought you guys are at least friends who support each other that users can make backups.

Lol, AnyDVD doesn't steal a damn thing. I'd love to see some proof to back up his claim

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

So I heard that there was a specific requirement for an 8th generation Intel CPU in order to have the ability to play Ultra HD movies on a Pioneer Ultra HD drive, is this true?

Are the CPU requirements enforced and have any of the limitations patched/hacked yet or am I worrying too much?
Those requirements are enforced yes, IF you use a licensed player such as powerdvd 17.

Hi guys ...

Just a question ...

Is the "ASUS BW-16D1HT" still a "friendly" drive ???

LePousson

Depending on the firmware version, yes. The currently last known version is A201 from the myce list

Depending on the firmware version, yes. The currently last known version is A201 from the myce list

Which ones would be the 3 best "friends" to choose ?? The 3 ones you have are OK ???

LePousson

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back