• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

Like many here, I have been gradually phasing in 4k/HDR functionality into my Home Theater and computer set-up over the last year and a half or so.

I've had a 4k TV and UHD Blu Ray players for about a year now. Though stand-alone Blu Ray players give the best picture, I really missed the convenience of playing UHD titles on my computer from a Hard Drive.

I was very excited when news circulated about "leaked keys" -- because I knew a unique AnyDVD solution was bound to be on its way!

Fortunately, I already had a "friendly" Blu Ray drive -- as well as PDVD 17 and all it required -- so I started ripping my UHD collection as soon as AnyDVD offered its initial "UHD key" solution.

For UHD titles in my collection AnyDVD could not yet handle, I wound up buying makeMKV and creating decrypted folders (I was worried the "powers that be" as they say, might quickly close the opportunity to do this so I wanted to get my collection on Hard Drive asap)...

.... but I guess I'm "spoiled" because the inability to remove opening trailers and do other "user-prohibited" actions using these decrypted folders bugged me. (yeah, I know I could use ImgBurn to create .iso's from the folders but shheeesssh...)

So I am ecstatic to come to the Forum today to see AnyDVD is almost at a more comprehensive UHD solution - as I always knew it would!!!

I just upgraded to beta 8.2.1.10 and tried loading all 40 or so UHD titles in my collection -- with excellent results.

Almost all the UHDs decrypt quickly and easily, just like normal Blu Rays!

I did notice there is a message indicating "AGID could not be found" if I mounted protected .iso's as opposed to discs - but it doesn't seem to matter since those titles still play flawlessly.

The only titles that would not decrypt in my collection were Lone Survivor and San Andreas. Both gave a message to try again later.

Was surprised these particular titles didn't decrypt since they were on the leaked key list and decrypted in the previous release.

But, 2 outta 40 ain't bad!

I do have a strange issue with Dark Tower UHD.

The protected .iso I have decrypts fine according to the AnyDVD Status window, but when PDVD 17 tries to play it, it breaks! Consistently.

CloneBD doesn't like it either. Gives a string of messages that it can't read various playlists.

Don't think the issue is with the original disc (which I don't have right now) because the decrypted folder I created from it using makeMKV works in both PDVD and CloneBD fine.

If it helps, I can send logs for this title....

Anyway, these initial results are excellent. Thanks James for making it so much easier to play UHDs.

As I say, AnyDVD is the best software investment I ever made!

Congrats!

T

Has someone compiled a list of titles that are already working with AnyDVD? Or is it better to just wait for the official UHD-ready release?
I don't know which disk to buy to verify my drive when it arrives. I'm interested in: Planet Earth II, Dunkirk, Baby Driver, The Great Wall.

Yes, Balthazar from MyCE maintains such a list here, based on user submitted info and his own sizable collection.

Im not sure on this exact drive, but in the NS50/55 1.02 works fine and its 1.03 thats the issue. Just plug in and try it.
This is the drive you need.

Attachments

• 559A6EEE-9FA3-4A6E-AB19-75586A79E244.jpeg
    559A6EEE-9FA3-4A6E-AB19-75586A79E244.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 69
Please try CloneBD on the original disc.

For Westworld Disc 1 CloneBD shows that it cannot read playlist. Just like what testiles was mentioning.

The output folder that was created by CloneBD is just 1.22GB in size.

Attachments

• Westworld_CloneBD.jpg
    Westworld_CloneBD.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 34
Since I am from Austria, I'd like to know, if you also have UHD's with German language decrypted by AnyDVD?

I plan to rent those discs from an internet rental service (have done so with DVDs/BDs for many years), get them sent by post, copy them to my HDDs and naturally have to return them after two weeks...

I'd rather not pay rental fees more than necessary (in case a specific UHD isn't supported yet), that's why I'm asking...

audio languages used on discs have NOTHING to do with being able to decrypt it or not. There's only 2 things that matter. Having an UHD friendly drive and having the latest AnyDVD. Other than that it's luck. I've done a disc with german language yes, and probably others have too. That means squat didely when it comes to being able to do yours (whatever titles it will be). The only way to find out is to try them.

I plan to rent those discs from an internet rental service (have done so with DVDs/BDs for many years), get them sent by post, copy them to my HDDs and naturally have to return them after two weeks...

And is that called piracy. You don't own them so you have no right to make a rip. Support for you on this subject ends here and now.

@Aeneas72

I think you've not fully understood that renting a BD/DVD doesn't imply you're allowed to copy rented discs on your HDD. If you do it, you're doing piracy, simple and clear and write such things on forum is not a great idea.

Think about that. ;)

@Aeneas72

I think you've not fully understood that renting a BD/DVD doesn't imply you're allowed to copy rented discs on your HDD. If you do it, you're doing piracy, simple and clear and write such things on forum is not a great idea.

Think about that. ;)

You're right, I shouldn't have written that open-heartedly - but how can I remove these posts, especially the ones not written by myself?

Consider it a lesson learned. Further responses on this matter will be deleted.

Back on topic please

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

@Aeneas72

Think about that. ;)
I use to do it blurry but gone streight with uhd. Even if uhd disks were rented I would buy them. I work hard to make a living and I believe to do onto others as you would have done to you.

You need to take your own advice. Yes each country is different, but they all have the same thing in common. You're only entitled to make a backup if you own the original. If you don't own or, then you're not allowed to make a backup. The fact that circumventing the protection is illegal itself is irrelevant.

Now back on topic!

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Convincing you of (regional different) facts is like tilting at windmills ...yet again ;)

btw. http://www.auvibel.be/nl/over-auvibel
http://www.auvibel.be/en/about-auvibel
I suggest you read the first line of that link.

'Book XI “Intellectual Property” of the Code of Economic Law stipulates that the author of a literary or artistic work is the only one who has the right to copy it or permit a copy of it to be made, in any manner or form whatsoever.'

And yes I know about the 2nd paragraph. Name one (1) case where the author will allow you to do that.

Oh wait, they don't. EVER

On top of that there's an auvibel is a tax that's imposed on blank media. It's the primary reason many webshops refuse to ship here

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Last edited:
For Westworld Disc 1 CloneBD shows that it cannot read playlist. Just like what testiles was mentioning.
Can you post an AnyDVD log file, so we can analyse the data.

And yes I know about the 2nd paragraph. Name one (1) case where the author will allow you to do that.
For personal/private use you don't need a permission. EVER.
Nevertheless, the same law stipulates that the author may not prohibit reproductions of sound and audiovisual works made within the family circle and exclusively intended for that circle.
...and what's the function of that tax ? Ever thought about that ? :rolleyes:
But let's stop this: you're practising selective reading at it's best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back