• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

For the UHD keys are we supposed to copy the text from doom9 and paste them in a text document called UHDkeys.txt then place in folder?
You can put them in any file (even on a network share) and tell AnyDVD where to look.

Out of the UHD discs I have, I can only decrypt Allegiant using new AnyDVD and UHDkeys files. Looks like DeUHD can decrypt more. I am thinking about buying DeUHD license. However, I don't trust Russian website. Is there a way to pay them safely?

The problem is not only to pay them safely. It's to open your network to them 24/7, as DeUHD needs a constant connection to the internet to work. That's why I didn't even install their free demo.

Great that Makemkv and now AnyDVDHD are supporting an alternative method.

Tested with success with an LG BH16NS55 and an Asus BW-16D1HT. The LG goes to sleep mode after a minute or two and then can't read the disc anymore, so you have to be quick to start the backup. Apparently, Makemkv will handle this in a future version, not sure if AnyDVDHD handles this as well. The Asus doesn't go into sleep mode [edit: correction, it does, maybe less often], seems a lot faster (about 50%) and is able to read a disc that gave an error after a while with the LG. So it looks like the Asus is the way to go if you can. I'm keeping the LG as a backup/2nd drive. I'm able to rip about 25% of my collection (40 of my 160 titles), mostly older titles. Some titles not in the list work as well (iMax Space Station) so it's worth trying them.

Really happy to have a backup of *some* my expensive discs, and a way to play them from my HTPC without risking to damage them. I'm glad I waited for a solution from a reputable provider. Keep up the good work, James & co!

Last edited:
So, my question about using AnyDVDHD:

1) Configure settings to point towards new config file (wherever that may reside)

2) load UHD BD and if recognized, AnyDVDHD can perform same items as a normal Blu-ray disc?

If the above is true and I Rip to ISO is the ISO non copy protected?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I tried to play the decrypted ISOs with Infuse in Apple TV 4k. I could play them successfully even with HDR. However I could not play them in PowerDVD 17. It gave errors. I don't think we need new Intel CPU to play UHD ISOs. Anyone can play it in PDVD 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With PowerDVD you need SGX instructions (CPU, motherboard and ME firmware). It's a pain in the ass due to questionable choices I can't understand.

I tried to play the decrypted ISOs with Infuse in Apple TV 4k. I could play them successfully even with HDR. However I could not play them in PowerDVD 17. It gave errors. I don't think we need new Intel CPU to play UHD ISOs. Anyone can play it in PDVD 17?

powerDVD 17 will play a decrypted ISO, but only if your system satisfies the Cyberlink UHD blu-ray prerequisites (SGX, Kay lake, etc.)

With PowerDVD you need SGX instructions (CPU, motherboard and ME firmware). It's a pain in the ass due to questionable choices I can't understand.

Are you sure? I remember reading some other place saying that we don't need SGX for decrypted uhd movies.
Also, Kodi 17.6 does not play the decrypted ISOs. I can only use Infuse for now.

I have the same experience, PowerDVD 17 will play UHD-Ripps only with the Cyberlink UHD blu-ray prerequisites.
But DVDFab MediaPlayer 3.x works fine, including HDR and on "normal" systems without Intel-SGX etc, too.

Just use madvr for this material. HDR works on AMD and Nvidia now. If your amd user you can check out my setup video for Polaris video cards like RX series cards.

Nvidia had always worked for HDR.....

Forget power DVD 17 unless you have sgx everything. I'm running 8 gig ram, AMD x4 965 processor which is 10 years old amd rx470 AMD HDR card and can trigger my HDR TV with madvr with smooth playback of UHD movies.

I have the same experience, PowerDVD 17 will play UHD-Ripps only with the Cyberlink UHD blu-ray prerequisites.
But DVDFab MediaPlayer 3.x works fine, including HDR and on "normal" systems without Intel-SGX etc, too.

I tried the latest DVDFab Media Player 3 and got this message
fd3037cb3020f03a3da3763f98e73773.jpg

I have AMD RX460 as their requirement. I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

Sometimes I have the same problem. I don´t know why, but it works always after I start the file / directory again a second time. (NVIDIA GTX1050)
Try to start the playback twice!

I told you I bet you get a Oct 2017 drive

Yes you did! They must have a ton of these drives?.... So I see a lot of people using PDVD and Shield and DVD Fab... Anyone here using Plex to play 4K MKV's?

Yes you did! They must have a ton of these drives?.... So I see a lot of people using PDVD and Shield and DVD Fab... Anyone here using Plex to play 4K MKV's?

Forget Fab!!... They can't even get BD+ for Blu-ray right yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone has an ASUS BW-16D1HT and what is the Manufactured Year?
There are Drives from 2013 till 2015 and I guess not any BW-16D1HT can read UHD discs.

Anyone has an ASUS BW-16D1HT and what is the Manufactured Year?
There are Drives from 2013 till 2015 and I guess not any BW-16D1HT can read UHD discs.

2013 N/G, Must have a 2015 PC Board or built in 2015-2017

I've got an Asus BW-12B1ST, doesn't seem to work, the Asus BW-12B1 is a "friendly" drive could it be the ST model is not "friendly"

Back