• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blades of glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
the latest version of DVDFab does this movie no problems at all.The other prog that works like a charm is Ripit4me 1.7.1.0

How do you specify region 2?

I tried setting the region code to 2 in AnyDVD, then ran CloneDVD2, but got same error. How did you set the region code to 2?

Hey these guys are working on getting this fixed, and believe me THAT'S ONE HUNDRED PERCENT BETTER then the old "back up" program I had. I bet they have a "update" out very soon for this. Knowing these guys.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the program.

I have read the problems others are having backing up this title. When I tried, a box popped up stating that CloneDVD2 was "Trying to repair defective DVD structure...Please wait!" as others have. The process completed after 15 minutes or so and everything appeared OK. Then as it was creating DVD files (much slower than normal), it stopped at 98% and another box popped up saying there was a "Processing error: F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_08_5.VOB: read error... Data error (cyclic redundancy check)... If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again." The disc was clean, but I ran it through the cleaner anyway. It would not read, even after repeated attempts.

I just thought I'd post because this seems different than what others are experiencing.

Vortec MAX

This is the exact issue everyone is having. :rolleyes:

Apparently creating a sticky wasn't enough.

I just got PMed asking when the latest update of Anydvd will be, and if I would please respond "asap".

1. Very few people seem to read the stickies

2. Many that do read my signature respond to it as though I'm asking them questions.

3. Those that PM me never read my signature.

*sigh*

Welcome to the JOYS of mod'ing a busy forum where *NO ONE* takes time to read to see if others have solved the problem before. Cause, you know, *MY* problem is unique and HAS to be solved RIGHT NOW with absolutely NO work on my part! COUGH COUGH.

I hear SamuriHL *loves* getting PMs about Blades of Glory R1. PM him instead! :D

/ducks

Hey! What the?! SON OF A........!!! :D ROFLMAO!

Movies usually are. Just look at The Fountain. I have been waiting for this movie eagerly to come out in Australia but according to EzyDVD it won't be out till October 3rd. While this movie was released in the US on May 15th (according to Amazon.com).

It's just something we have to get use to.

Hey James....yet another reason why everyone should go to HD DVD, right? :D Region free...import it. ;)

Actually had the exact same problem with "THE LOOKOUT" last week. Just thought I'd throw that out there too. Maybe the problem is one in the same? Patiently waiting for update.

And would like to give a hardy :bowdown: to the programmers and the updaters.

blades

i used anydvd 6.1.7.0 and nero recode 2.5.5.0 for this title with no problams.
title is Region 1.
did main movie only.

Last edited:
i used anydvd 6.1.7.0 and nero recode 2.5.5.0 for this title with no problams.
title is Region 1.
did main movie only.
Main movie won't cut it. It's the full disc which is the problem here.

Actually had the exact same problem with "THE LOOKOUT" last week. Just thought I'd throw that out there too. Maybe the problem is one in the same? Patiently waiting for update.

And would like to give a hardy :bowdown: to the programmers and the updaters.
The Lookout? Haven't heard about a problem, so it is probably something else. It would be wise to open a new thread and state exactly what problem you have (the "same problem" says nothing, sorry).

Hi all

I think these issues are occuring due to this error message:-

Found & removed bogus title set!

This message seems to indicate that the title set has been modified or changed in order to indicate false information, therefore confuses the application itself. Bogus usually means fake / pretend. All the dvd's ive backed up, none of them have shown this message. This maybe also linked to RCE protection even though applications indicate its not on the original dvd, and also indicate that RCE checking may have to be disabled in order to try and bypass this. The message also indicates it may be pointing to an invalid / incorrect title.

Another possibility is that RCE has been updated so that if the copy is region free it will not play - in other words forced RCE protection. If you have a region 1 disc and the region coding is not visible on the copy it wont play in that region player. Apparently this is a popular issue with recent Paramound DVD's. This could also break the DVD specs which will cause all hell to break loose with customers.

I think im up for a job with slysoft now :) lol

Rodney

i had that cyclic error at 98% with two different drives and then dvdfab updated so i tried that and it worked

just wondering if the update will be out soon for anydvd thanks

Hi

If you wish, try to make a copy of it with the "protection based on unreadable sectors" unticked / unselected. Ive heard this may be a possible workaround for it from other sites.

Rodney

Hi all

I think these issues are occuring due to this error message:-

Found & removed bogus title set!

This message seems to indicate that the title set has been modified or changed in order to indicate false information, therefore confuses the application itself. Bogus usually means fake / pretend. All the dvd's ive backed up, none of them have shown this message. This maybe also linked to RCE protection even though applications indicate its not on the original dvd, and also indicate that RCE checking may have to be disabled in order to try and bypass this. The message also indicates it may be pointing to an invalid / incorrect title.

Another possibility is that RCE has been updated so that if the copy is region free it will not play - in other words forced RCE protection. If you have a region 1 disc and the region coding is not visible on the copy it wont play in that region player. Apparently this is a popular issue with recent Paramound DVD's. This could also break the DVD specs which will cause all hell to break loose with customers.

I think im up for a job with slysoft now :) lol

Rodney

Don't turn in your resume just yet...

It's not region specific because DVDneXT Copy backs it up fine with AnyDVD and DVDneXT Copy, according to their manual it is region free...it's so region free that in the new versions they don't even give the option of a region anymore because that's what 99.99% of the people used anyway. So it's not region coded related. Plus a few others have had luck and even some could get the movie alone using Nero.

From the 2-3 years I've used Any/Clone I have seen false info put into dvds only a few times from what I remember. Also in neXT Copy, all I had to do was remove the <> from the title box of the movie, as they instructed. Weird.

I'm no expert and I'm definitely no programmer (don't have the patience) but just using logic. If it were Region Code related that bad, it should affect the other apps. too. They'll have a fix here soon. They always do! :bowdown:

Hi

If you wish, try to make a copy of it with the "protection based on unreadable sectors" unticked / unselected. Ive heard this may be a possible workaround for it from other sites.

Rodney

Tried that yesterday and it froze my pc...all but the mouse anyway. :eek:

Unfortunately DVDFab Platinum 3.1.7.0 DID work for me. Hopefully, AnyDVD will correct this problem in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back