• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tutorial for removing Cinivia doesn't cover making a MKV rip

CountryBumkin

This is the first time I've seen the Cinavia warning. It was my rip of Hacksaw Ridge. I ripped to MKV format and was watching on a HTPC>TV that doesn't have AnyDVD HD installed. The Cinavia warning came up. :(

I decided to make a new MKV rip without Cinavia. But I'm not sure how to. The Tutorial on this site shows the screen shot for ripping to a BD (with the "down convert option" shown), however ripping to a MKV doesn't have a choice to "down convert.

I think one just needs to select "AC3" rather than "copy lossless" in the audio selection box.

What about the "default audio channels" box. What should be selected here (the default is "TrueHD"). Can someone clarify this? Also, I suggest the moderators update the Tutorial for anyone else doing a MKV rip.

Movie%20to%20MKV%20and%20Cinavia_zpsfth4yh38.gif

Tutorial suggestions need to be directed to the person who wrote them. We just sticky them. As to the channels, that doesn't affect cinavia removal. That impacts the actual sound channels: eg 5.1 > 2.0

This is the first time I've seen the Cinavia warning. It was my rip of Hacksaw Ridge. I ripped to MKV format and was watching on a HTPC>TV that doesn't have AnyDVD HD installed. The Cinavia warning came up. :(

I decided to make a new MKV rip without Cinavia. But I'm not sure how to. The Tutorial on this site shows the screen shot for ripping to a BD (with the "down convert option" shown), however ripping to a MKV doesn't have a choice to "down convert.

I think one just needs to select "AC3" rather than "copy lossless" in the audio selection box.

What about the "default audio channels" box. What should be selected here (the default is "TrueHD"). Can someone clarify this? Also, I suggest the moderators update the Tutorial for anyone else doing a MKV rip.

Movie%20to%20MKV%20and%20Cinavia_zpsfth4yh38.gif
Yes to remove it for a MKV or any of the other mobile file type selections CBD MUST PROCESS the audio only. ie. Just select a non lossless audio. Any codec selection will work DTS,AC3 etc.
You can leave the video as lossless if desired.

When you do this make sure you have the tickbox for cinivia removal with CBD in the AnyDvDHD program settings enabled. And make sure the AnyDvDHD tray icon turns purple.
I know that this will work because I did it on "accident" and processed it to the DTS codec selection.

Last edited:
No, not any codec. Removal specifically requires AC3

Nope on the mobile side it will work with the DTS have already done it before . Try it and see if I'm wrong. It just needs to process the audio only to "apply" the fix.

Hmm then i wonder if it would work in full disc mode too. @James doesn't anydvd specifically check if it is downscaling to AC3 or just downscaling in general?

A little off-topic, but which player did you use? AFAIK PowerDVD will not check for Cinavia, if you play a file from harddisk. TMT (may it rest in peace) does. Or did you play the .mkv from an optical disc (DVD, Blu-ray)?
But it is always good to have AnyDVD installed on a playback PC... ;)

Then the language string might need an update. Pretty sure we were informed that (at least for full disc backup) downscaling to ac3 was mandatory because no free or open source existed for DTS(-hd).

Can't check them ATM as I'm not home. When did this change?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Pretty sure we were informed that (at least for full disc backup) downscaling to ac3 was mandatory

That was simply because back then, AC3 was the only downconverting option available.
It had nothing to do with the actual codec, but CloneBD had to be forced to "do something" with the audio.

So as it stands now then, as long as SOME form of downscaling is done (DTS core, AC3,...) the fix will be applied? Good to know, so i can advise correctly in the future when needed. Thx for the update

This had been stated before just don't remember the thread for it.
As I previously said l did it by "accident". Had the fix on when I made a file using the DTS codec .
The fox went purple and the side effect was present.

A little off-topic, but which player did you use? AFAIK PowerDVD will not check for Cinavia, if you play a file from harddisk. TMT (may it rest in peace) does. Or did you play the .mkv from an optical disc (DVD, Blu-ray)?
But it is always good to have AnyDVD installed on a playback PC... ;)
I responded to this question - but somehow its gone now...

I rip to MKV format (movie only) on my office computer, (movies stored on internal HDs) then watch the movies on my family room or bedroom HTPCs. All computers are running JRiver Media Center 22. Only the office computer where I rip from has AnyDVD HD. They are hardwired to 100MB home network. I didn't think of this when I posted - but JRiver is an unlicensed player - nothing should be detecting Cinavia. The last update on this computer was the Windows 10 Creator.

Can I use the same ANYDVD HD license and install it on my other home computers?

Ain't that my job? :)

Though your post didn't exist yet when I moved it.

@ country it's not gone. The forum sends an alert when a post is moved.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Back