• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

License upgrade

I think by "automatic" he meant "the default subscription term" but I could be wrong.

Ah, ok. I see.

I looked at the site a little while ago and it allowed me to choose 2 year or lifetime. I THINK that statement from them was just referring to which was chosen by default, but you can change it

... you were given a choice on the site. Great.

I guess that answers the question, then.

Because today was the last day of the 20% off sale, and there was still confusion earlier, I just went ahead this afternoon and signed up for Lifetime right out of the gate.

Thanks, Karaoke.

T

Ah, ok. I see.

... you were given a choice on the site. Great.

I guess that answers the question, then.

Because today was the last day of the 20% off sale, and there was still confusion earlier, I just went ahead this afternoon and signed up for Lifetime right out of the gate.

Thanks, Karaoke.

T
I hope I'm not wrong!

Also, I did not buy a new subscription yet as my 2 year isn't up until January and that 20% is the same price anyone could get. I was hoping that early subscribers would get a better deal than "public" given the program was unusable for a long time and we did anyway.

I hope I'm also not wrong about that.

Last edited:
... I was hoping that early subscribers would get a better deal than "public" given the program was unusable for a long time and we did anyway.

These companies seem very fair-minded to me.

I'm sure they'll give some consideration to early adopters, if they can.

The other side of the coin is, in the early days, they may not have had much revenue as there were so many issues back then. Early adopters who actually purchased the product may have been few...
... So financially they may be unable to do much more for early adopters than the 20%...

Please let me know how things turn out in January.

T

These companies seem very fair-minded to me.

I'm sure they'll give some consideration to early adopters, if they can.

The other side of the coin is, in the early days, they may not have had much revenue as there were so many issues back then. Early adopters who actually purchased the product may have been few...
... So financially they may be unable to do much more for early adopters than the 20%...

Please let me know how things turn out in January.

T
I would consider upgrading earlier than that. It's "lifetime" so it doesn't really matter when. I just was expecting that they would do something that wasn't available to the general public since that early revenue was an act of faith.

Something like paying the price difference between 2-year and lifetime subscription would be great!

they don't have to. Elby (Elaborate Bytes, dev of CloneDVD/CloneBD) was and never has been in danger of getting shut down. Neither CloneDVD nor CloneBD do any type of decryption, so there's no shutdown risk.

they don't have to. Elby (Elaborate Bytes, dev of CloneDVD/CloneBD) was and never has been in danger of getting shut down. Neither CloneDVD nor CloneBD do any type of decryption, so there's no shutdown risk.
I'm not sure if you are replying to my comment, but I didn't make any mention of a "shutdown risk".

I was only referencing the idea that if you threw money at them before they had a viable, fully-functional product, to me it makes sense to throw those folks a bone with licensing. They may not. That's just my opinion.

everybody is entitled to their opinion :) Though personally for me, it is pretty basic that if a product first comes out there will always be room to improve upon. I guess it's an act of faith from my side that i picked up an LTL from the get go :) But i based my decision upon the excellent reputation they have :)

everybody is entitled to their opinion :) Though personally for me, it is pretty basic that if a product first comes out there will always be room to improve upon. I guess it's an act of faith from my side that i picked up an LTL from the get go :) But i based my decision upon the excellent reputation they have :)
Sure.....products generally improve over time, but this was purchased as a beta, not a production release.

Also, the only Elby product I have ever used before was Virtual Clone Drive. I never had any need for CloneDVD or anything else they made so haven't tried them. I have no reason to believe that anything is wrong with them or their products, but contrary to popular belief, not everyone has used every product in the world. So my experience has been a free ISO mounting program (not the only option, but was always mentioned in AnyDVD discussions so I've always used it) and the CloneBD program.

I just hope they consider folks like me.....a new customer.....but nothing in life is guaranteed of course.....;)

I would agree with you if they hadn't made it clear from the start that it was a product in BETA you purchased a license to. However they made it very clear from the first public version that the product was still in beta testing at that time

I would agree with you if they hadn't made it clear from the start that it was a product in BETA you purchased a license to. However they made it very clear from the first public version that the product was still in beta testing at that time
...and I wasn't complaining about that. Their "reputation" is the reason someone who had no experience with them tried their product to begin with. That lack of experience though is also why someone would buy a limited license up front.

Again, I'm just hoping that this "leap of faith" translates to something tangible.

Last edited:
I have not heard back from the Elby support guy as of yet.

I don't think we will get a definitive answer to this question until Karaoke actually extends/upgrades his license.

I'm cool with waiting until then since, as I said, I've already taken the plunge for the LTL.

T

I have not heard back from the Elby support guy as of yet.

I don't think we will get a definitive answer to this question until Karaoke actually extends/upgrades his license.

I'm cool with waiting until then since, as I said, I've already taken the plunge for the LTL.

T
I would be disappointed if they just ignored the question from a customer for any reason.

I agree!

Last time I got responses back the very next day. So I dunno, maybe something's going on over there at Elby...

T

Last edited:
Guys,

I got a response from Elby today but I'm more confused than ever!

My question:

"I believe we may have had a disconnect because I was not clear in my original question...
What I actually meant was if I sign up for 2 years of updates, can I switch to Updates for Life once the 2 years is up?
Was this what you were answering? Were you saying that after the 2 years, you MUST sign up for another 2 year plan to continue?"

The response:

"Please file your complaint with Avangate directly. They are handling subscription and other services. We understand your concerns but we are not in a position to offer our own shop system."

??????????????

T

What rules? @ only puts a small alert at the user next to their inbox that they've been mentioned. No more, no less. It's up to the person mentioned to see it, read it, and visit the topic mentioned.

What rules? @ only puts a small alert at the user next to their inbox that they've been mentioned. No more, no less. It's up to the person mentioned to see it, read it, and visit the topic mentioned.

Ch3vron, can't speak for Karaoke, but I check for Alerts by mousing over the "Alert" area in the upper right-hand corner of the screen next to "Inbox".

If I have any Alerts it lists the most recent few and can also "Show All".

I'm guessing that's the same thing you're referring to.

What I'm saying is I had been checking that area and it remained at "You have no new alerts" but I ran across a thread where someone had "@''d me. I double-checked and no mention of it in my Alert list at all.

So I thought there was some condition for it showing up -- other than just the "@" -- that I was not taking into account.

T

there isn't. Prounounce @, it's "At" as in directed AT someone ;) hence if i say @testiles you've just got mentioned. You should see an red (1) at your alerts and then where you've been mentioned. But we're getting way offtopic :)

there isn't. Prounounce @, it's "At" as in directed AT someone ;) hence if i say @testiles you've just got mentioned. You should see an red (1) at your alerts and then where you've been mentioned. But we're getting way offtopic :)

I know, I understand what the "@" means and all, I'm just saying I saw one instance where it didn't work for me(meaning I saw '@testiles" but there was no red(1), Alert, or anything). And Karaoke said my "@"'s didn't Alert him either.

If I notice it again, I'll bring it up in a new thread specifically about that perhaps, because as you say, we digress... (lol)

T

I agree!

Last time I got responses back the very next day. So I dunno, maybe something's going on over there at Elby...

T
I think what's going on is that they don't want to answer the question. I sent a follow up Thursday and still no reply.....:(

Back