• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

License upgrade

I think what's going on is that they don't want to answer the question. I sent a follow up Thursday and still no reply.....:(

I think you're right. That or the issue is in flux so they don't really know right now.

I still don't know what to make of the last response I got.

The rep is telling me to take it up with the company they contract to handle billing - but I'm sure they don't set policy for what type of licenses Elby offers.

Personally I give up.

Just waiting to see what happens for you when you renew.

T

I have a question about upgrading licensing midway. If I sign up for 2 years of updates for AnyDVD HD, and I decide 6 months to a year in, I want to change to the lifetime subscription, can I do that, or does it require a completely new purchase of lifetime updates completely separate from, and on top of what I paid for the 2 year plan? If I can, does the remaining time left on the subscription count towards the lifetime cost? In other words, 1 year costs 59 Euros, while 2 years cost 75, would the difference count towards the lifetime purchase?

I have a question about upgrading licensing midway. If I sign up for 2 years of updates for AnyDVD HD, and I decide 6 months to a year in, I want to change to the lifetime subscription, can I do that...

Hi, Kendog.

As you have probably seen from my previous posts on this thread, it seems the rep I contacted at Elby is saying you can't upgrade to Lifetime - at any point, even after your subscription time is done.

Following this logic I guess you would have to buy a separate Lifetime license as you describe but I doubt there would be any pro-rating against your current license.

Personally, I find it hard to believe this is really correct.

Karaoke's license will expire soon in January and I believe he wants to upgrade from 2-year to Lifetime. So, I'm waiting to see how that goes.

Otherwise, no one seems to have a definitive answer.

T

What elby told you testiles is irrelevant. Kendog is asking about midway upgrading of an ANYDVD license. Not a CloneDVD/CloneBD one. Elby doesn't sell Anydvd, so their response to you doesn't apply here.

@Kendog52361 I would recommend you to file a support request through the main website contact form and pick the 'license query' option. The only ones who can correctly answer your question are them.

Hi, Kendog.

As you have probably seen from my previous posts on this thread, it seems the rep I contacted at Elby is saying you can't upgrade to Lifetime - at any point, even after your subscription time is done.

Following this logic I guess you would have to buy a separate Lifetime license as you describe but I doubt there would be any pro-rating against your current license.

Personally, I find it hard to believe this is really correct.

Karaoke's license will expire soon in January and I believe he wants to upgrade from 2-year to Lifetime. So, I'm waiting to see how that goes.

Otherwise, no one seems to have a definitive answer.

T

I've asked an elby IT admin about the renewal for elby licenses, he replied to me:
"Hi Ivan, we are working on it to get it done asap. Having technical issues in handling the renewals through Avangate. Will be solved hopefully before Christmas or latest end of December"

I used to work with Avangate system and can confirm that licensing handling with them is a big pain...

I have a question about upgrading licensing midway. If I sign up for 2 years of updates for AnyDVD HD, and I decide 6 months to a year in, I want to change to the lifetime subscription, can I do that, or does it require a completely new purchase of lifetime updates completely separate from, and on top of what I paid for the 2 year plan? If I can, does the remaining time left on the subscription count towards the lifetime cost? In other words, 1 year costs 59 Euros, while 2 years cost 75, would the difference count towards the lifetime purchase?

We are talking about RedFox licensing now, not elby...

A renewal license will continue seamlessly, no matter what license you currently have and no matter what renewal subscription you are going to purchase. For example:
You purchased a 1y license 2016-04-15, so expiring date will be 2017-04-14. No matter if you purchase a renewal license 5 days before it expires, one week after, 6 months before or 7 months after: Start date for your renewal license is always 2017-04-15 - no matter if your renew for 1y, 2y or for lifetime.

However, if you bought a a 2y license and after 6 months you decide to upgrade to lifetime, we'll find a way and give you a nice discount. Please consider that we are getting charged for each payment transaction. "The RedFox Project" is not just about money and that's why we never thought about these kind of "special deals". If you are happy, we are happy.

Last edited:
What elby told you testiles is irrelevant. Kendog is asking about midway upgrading of an ANYDVD license. Not a CloneDVD/CloneBD one. Elby doesn't sell Anydvd, so their response to you doesn't apply here.

I'm so embarrassed. I saw "AnyDVD" but thought "CloneBD". My bad.

Sorry, NG.

I've asked an elby IT admin about the renewal for elby licenses, he replied to me:
"Hi Ivan, we are working on it to get it done asap. Having technical issues in handling the renewals through Avangate. Will be solved hopefully before Christmas or latest end of December"

I used to work with Avangate system and can confirm that licensing handling with them is a big pain...

Thanks, Ivan.

I think that makes it more clear why there is so much confusion right now.

So they're still working on renewals.

Issue TBD.

T

However, if you bought a a 2y license and after 6 months you decide to upgrade to lifetime, we'll find a way and give you a nice discount. Please consider that we are getting charged for each payment transaction. "The RedFox Project" is not just about money and that's why we never thought about these kind of "special deals". If you are happy, we are happy.
I wish that Elby would respond with this answer as well....

.....in fact I wish they would respond at all......

Back