• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VOB file claims it's 3 seconds long

kyrene

With AnyDVD running, I copy VOB files from DVD to hard disk for viewing/editing. Usually, these files are readable/playable in various media players/editors, e.g. windows moviemaker or GOMplayer. (crude, I know, but serves my purposes.) However, I encountered a 0.99G VOB file that seem to copy correctly, and the content seems to be there on hard disk, but the players say it is 3 seconds long and not all the content plays. Could this be an AnyDVD issue, or an issue with me just not having the right codecs to play them or what? I don't know much about video files. Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks for any advice on this
Kyrene

thanks

thanks. that's what I wanted to know... one suspect eliminated...

re: VOB claims it's 3 seconds long

I have done more investigation into this. DVD is DVD-R, with no copy protection, same thing happens if you copy the VOB without AnyDVD, so AnyDVD is innocent. VOB must contain some anomaly that not all codecs handle. I did find an application (isofter DVD to WMV converter) that handles it correctly, though. Thanks for the help.
Kyrene.

Back