• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Audio Sync Issues

jwjohnson

I've done quite a few BD to main movie mp4 conversions as well as a few multi-episode TV series on BD to mp4 and they have had no noticeable audio sync issues. However, I just did season 12 of NCIS and all the episodes I've watched so far have a noticeable lag between the video and the sound. It's enough to make watching conversations quite annoying. I'm using the iPhone 6 plus or 6s plus profiles with Surround 5.1 at 128 or 384 kbps. Both settings have the same audio sync problem. I'm using CloneBD 1.0.5.8 and AnyDVD HD 7.6.4.2. Any suggestions for fixing this? THanks.
My reasons for selecting this output format is so everything plays on my Apple TV's.

Have you tested the mp4's on a software player? NOT your mobile device, if it plays fine on your pc then it's a mobile device player issue. If it doesn't then send in the CloneBD log and explain the issue and make sure the source doesn't have the same problem.

I've done quite a few BD to main movie mp4 conversions as well as a few multi-episode TV series on BD to mp4 and they have had no noticeable audio sync issues. However, I just did season 12 of NCIS and all the episodes I've watched so far have a noticeable lag between the video and the sound. It's enough to make watching conversations quite annoying. I'm using the iPhone 6 plus or 6s plus profiles with Surround 5.1 at 128 or 384 kbps. Both settings have the same audio sync problem. I'm using CloneBD 1.0.5.8 and AnyDVD HD 7.6.4.2. Any suggestions for fixing this? THanks.
My reasons for selecting this output format is so everything plays on my Apple TV's.

Please download a current VLC at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html and play some of these out-of-sync-mp4s.
While watching a mp4 with VLC, use the hotkeys "K" and "J" to adjust the delay of the audio track (alternatively Tools / Track Syncronisation) and try to find out the delay time.

I guess it's about 175ms. I had the same issue and I'm still trying (must say, not very successful) to convince the developers that it's not my brain who has a delay. Finding another user with same sync probs will change their opinion and my (brains) reputation...

Tom I also notice it with the same setting as the OP, on my new 6SPlus, but I guess this is in the ear and eyes of the person watching the film, its definitely there but it didn't bother me enough to alert you. But I can see where it could be a distraction from the movie, I can hardly see well enough to drive much less notice a lip sync issue, but as the OP said, its there, and I can absolutely see where it could be bothersome.

I guess it's about 175ms. I had the same issue and I'm still trying (must say, not very successful) to convince the developers that it's not my brain who has a delay. Finding another user with same sync probs will change their opinion and my (brains) reputation...

I tried the iPhone 6s profile and also think the audio/video is slightly out of sync.
It's not major (and I'm not too sensitive to it) but after trying a few heavy dialog scenes 150ms seemed about right for me.

If you play it on the 6SPlus you can't notice it, but if you play the file on your computer at a larger res you can see it.

I downloaded the linked version of VLC and get a delay of roughly 150 ms with the sample files I've tried. If you watch on a phone it's not that noticeable, but on a computer monitor or TV screen the delay is quite obvious to me.

Back