• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting HD-DVD to Bluray (and vice versa)

evanmit

Hi,
Has anyone managed to convert a HD-DVD movie to one which will play on a bluray player?

If so, is the conversion lossless and is there a tutorial floating around somewhere on how to do so?

Thanks alot :)

Just to expand a bit:

According to wikipedia, both formats have the same video codecs and both have manditory DTS and Linear PCM audio.

I would think one should be able to convert the film without reencoding either the video or the audio as they share manditory codecs. Perhaps it is just the disc structure (file names etc) that needs changing?

Would love to hear from someone who has done this.

I have converted hd-dvd to blu-ray using scenarist. You can only take over the main film, and subtitles(pain in the ass to do). The audio is not the same between the 2 so you have to strip out the core ac3 or dts and use that. I've only done it with vc-1 hd-dvd's, but works pretty well as long as you only want the main movie, if you want to try the menu's as well that takes a lot more work(if it can even be done)

Have you tried using Scenarist Designer PS 2.0 to just make your own menus?

Rather than convert the menu, I would assume it would be easier to just make a new menu (which wouldn't be as pretty, but still functional)

Have you tried using Scenarist Designer PS 2.0 to just make your own menus?

Rather than convert the menu, I would assume it would be easier to just make a new menu (which wouldn't be as pretty, but still functional)

I can build my own menus using scenarist, but Designer only comes with 4.3 I think and I only have 4.2 :(

Back