• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S BGS4

ringo_langley

Hello,

Tried to update my firmware for my lite-on drive, but the update I found won't install because it says it for SOHW-1633S only and I have a SOHW-1633S BGS4.

Haven't been able to find any updated firmware for the BGS4, am hoping some of you may know where to find an update.

Thanks.

What brand of computer is the drive in (HP, Dell, etc.)? Your BGS4 may be the firmware supplied by the computer manufacturer. If the computer is still under warranty, you'll need to check with them for a firmware upgrade. If you use a LiteOn firmware, you will void the warranty, even though it's a LiteOn burner. This is one of the reasons I buy custom built computers, instead of the big named ones. They are way too proprietary! If the computer is no longer under warranty, go for the LiteOn firmware.

I use the same drive, and upgraded to the BSOY firmware, back at Christmas, and it is doing just fine............... :)
Good luck!

Thanks for the replies..

It's a gateway computer and no longer under warranty. I tried the last two firmware updates, BSOY & BSOS with no luck. Won't let me install. Even tried looking for the update before BSOS....BSOR but couldn't find it, all the links I found were no longer valid.

Will most likely shop around for a new burner...one that won't be so difficult to update.

appreciate the help.

You can get BSOY here: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html
about half way down the page, look for this

LiteOn SOHW-1633S (Looking for 1213S@1633S or 1613S@1633S?)
• BS01/BS02/BS03/BS06/BS0A - stock (old)
• BS0C/BS0G/BS0H/BS0K/BS0R/BS0S - stock (old)
• BS41 - stock (4x +R DL and 12x -R; rebadged 1653S) (old)
• BS0Y - stock
• BS0Y - patched - crossflashing, multi-colored LED (for 1213S, 1613S, etc.)

Back