• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Read error Data error(cyclic redund. check)

wildshred

I am running clone dvd ver. 2.9.0.9 and anydvd. When I attempt a back-up, it processes the movie to temp file ok, will play back on computer. But when it starts to burn, I get this error at various points in the burn:
read error: C:/clonedvdtemp/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob 23 w2. It also says data error (cyclic redundancy check). All the files seem to be on the dvd, but it won't play past menus.

hplaptop dv1040us
hl-dt-st dvd-rw gwa-4080n 0c09
windows xp
maxell plus
various burn speeds

no upper filters
lower filters: elbydelay, anydvd, elbycdfl, pfc

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean Ashby

I am running clone dvd ver. 2.9.0.9 and anydvd. When I attempt a back-up, it processes the movie to temp file ok, will play back on computer. But when it starts to burn, I get this error at various points in the burn:
read error: C:/clonedvdtemp/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob 23 w2. It also says data error (cyclic redundancy check). All the files seem to be on the dvd, but it won't play past menus.

CRC errors are usually associated with a dirty/defective disc and seen during the read process, but you say you are getting it during the burn process. Get CD/DVD Speed and run a scan on the disc for defects. You also should get better blank media.

Your filters are fine.

Last edited:
If you're getting read errors from the temp files on your hard drive, that suggests a possible issue with your hard drive--or possibly your ata controllers. I'd imagine the resulting crc errors are based on the read data in the process of being burned not actually matching the temp data on the hard drive. Something is getting messed up along the way from your hard drive to your burner.

Do step 3 from here please: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3651

Maxell Plus (provided it's really Maxell Plus--and not generic Maxell junk) is actually about as good as it gets for 8x dvd-rs (some of them are Taiyo Yudens--or are actually made by Maxell's plant in Japan) without getting into really expensive stuff (Maxell Broadcast Quality).

Last edited:
Back