• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slyce (i.e. "CloneBD")

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people bothered to read around they'd find out a lot of this information, it's already been stated that they expect to release it this year, and that initially it's not going to have cinavia support. Many times I've seen comments from Slysoft staff mentioning that one thing or another is not going to be in AnyDVD HD but will be in CloneBD, you just need to read around. If people stopped filling up the threads with repetitive and useless posts it would be a lot easier for others to find the more useful ones.

Just to summarize:

1.) Yes, we're late. CloneBD should be out Christmas 2011, February 2012, ... but it still isn't ready for prime time.

2.) No, CloneBD will not remove Cinavia when first released.

3.) Yes, we plan to add Cinavia removal in CloneBD at a later time.

EDIT:
4) And to all the clever people who grabbed the domain names "CloneBD dot something": It won't be called CloneBD. :D

Last edited:
EDIT:
4) And to all the clever people who grabbed the domain names "CloneBD dot something": It won't be called CloneBD. :D

DAMNIT! :( That's what *I* wanted it to be called! LOL!!! Oh well. :)

P.S. James, I copied your post and stuck it on the first post of this thread. Thanks!

Well some german dude grabbed it and put a very simple text page site on it ^^ http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?Domain=CLONEBD.COM

Registrant:
HuiQiang Huang
No.14 building, Room 501
BaoChenYuan, HangHui RD
LiuZhou, GuangXi 545001
China

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: CLONEBD.COM
Created on: 14-Jun-05
Expires on: 14-Jun-12
Last Updated on: 12-Jul-11

I have been following this thread and would like to ask a question. Is the general consensus, among the regulars, that the main and possibly only reason BD has not been released is because Slysoft wants to first fix cinevia? If so, I am not sure I believe that. There are only a limited number of infected movies and even a smaller number of DVD players that have this detection scheme. Right now other then PS3 most players can play an infected disk. What would be the sense of delaying BD's release for a minority problem. Surely by releasing it in"Feb" of some yet to be specified year Slysoft could use the additional revenue stream from it sales and have more funds to fix the infection. I know Slysoft makes a great product line but I don't think they are fixated on only releasing BD when it is absolutely perfect. There is no perfect software. The longer they wait the more likely an even better infection method will come along. Age old problem between offense and defense. Someone will always do you one better. I think there is some other reason for the delay. Lord knows that most of the people here would call this vaporware if it was from some other company and had been talked about for two or more years. I don't know the answers but I wish they had never talked about this program. I like this company, and will buy BD when released but there is something holding them back besides what we may think. Maybe they cannot reveal their release date but at least acknowledge what they are trying to accomplish. Really some removing of the curtain would help allay the fear that this product is really not vaporware. Just my thoughts about BD.

I totally agree with you. I could't have said it better! :rock:

MAYBE, they don't want to release CloneBD is because the other Backup Companies will be able to disassemble CloneBD and figure out how it works, but that's the case with everything. Release CloneBD, and generate some $$ and "fule" your development team! We all want to purchase CloneBD. You can have two versions, a yearly purchase or a life time purchase. I personally, would go with the life time purchase if and when CloneBD is released. Slysoft :rock:

I totally agree with you. I could't have said it better! :rock:

MAYBE, they don't want to release CloneBD is because the other Backup Companies will be able to disassemble CloneBD and figure out how it works, but that's the case with everything. Release CloneBD, and generate some $$ and "fule" your development team! We all want to purchase CloneBD. You can have two versions, a yearly purchase or a life time purchase. I personally, would go with the life time purchase if and when CloneBD is released. Slysoft :rock:

myself said:

It is not released because it isn't ready. That's all.

Just to summarize:

1.) Yes, we're late. CloneBD should be out Christmas 2011, February 2012, ... but it still isn't ready for prime time.

3.) Yes, we plan to add Cinavia removal in CloneBD at a later time.

EDIT:

The MAN has spoken! :bowdown:

Can you enlighten us what it will be capable of doing, for example backing up to BD-50, BD-25, DVD-9 (not BDDVD-9), DVD-5 (movie only)?

THANK YOU. :bowdown: :rock:

Can you enlighten us what it will be capable of doing, for example backing up to BD-50, BD-25, DVD-9 (not BDDVD-9), DVD-5 (movie only)?

Actually I can't, because I don't know for sure as I am not part of the CloneBD dev team. I don't think it will output DVD-9 or DVD-5.

Well some german dude grabbed it and put a very simple text page site on it ^^ http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?Domain=CLONEBD.COM

Registrant:
HuiQiang Huang
No.14 building, Room 501
BaoChenYuan, HangHui RD
LiuZhou, GuangXi 545001
China

@Ch3vr0n I'm confused by your post. This domain looks like it was registered nearly 7 years ago? Are you implying it was registered 7 years ago because of a SlySoft product that doesn't even exist yet? Also, "german dude"... really? HuiQiang Huang in China is now some how german?

HuiQiang Huang doesn't sound very German:D

It's not, it's China! CloneBD.com expires on 14-June-12, but since Slysoft's product isn't going to be named CloneBD, why should they have to even be concerned?

Maybe Slysoft's new BD product will do MORE than just "Clone".

Registrant:
HuiQiang Huang
No.14 building, Room 501
BaoChenYuan, HangHui RD
LiuZhou, GuangXi 545001
China

Administrative Contact:
Huang, HuiQiang johnhuanghq@hotmail.com
No.14 building, Room 501
BaoChenYuan, HangHui RD
LiuZhou, GuangXi 545001
China +86.13825290772

Technical Contact:
Huang, HuiQiang johnhuanghq@hotmail.com
No.14 building, Room 501
BaoChenYuan, HangHui RD
LiuZhou, GuangXi 545001
China
+86.13825290772

@Ch3vr0n I'm confused by your post. This domain looks like it was registered nearly 7 years ago? Are you implying it was registered 7 years ago because of a SlySoft product that doesn't even exist yet? Also, "german dude"... really? HuiQiang Huang in China is now some how german?

@Ch3vr0n Well I did at least get a chuckle from your post. Perhaps that was your intent.:clap:

AnyBD to replace CloneBD in February?

Registering a domain name is not the same as registering a product name. Whatever it is called, it will be marketed as a Slysoft product, not an Elaborate Bytes "clone" - so why not AnyBD?
ROFLMAO. 8)

AnyBD?

Now they are going to go out and register those sites. :clap:

Registering a domain name is not the same as registering a product name. Whatever it is called, it will be marketed as a Slysoft product, not an Elaborate Bytes "clone" - so why not AnyBD?
ROFLMAO. 8)

And yet we have CloneDVDMobile which AFAIK is a SlySoft creation.

For another unrelated reason I went to Elby's website and saw has the following message regarding CloneCD:

New copyright law drives out CloneCD sheep

Due to the new legal situation we will stop the sales of CloneCD

We would like to take the opportunity to thank our customers for the long loyalty to CloneCD! We hope that you will also be excited about our future products and remain with the most cordial greetings

Your elby team

By the look of things it would appear that Elby is recreating CloneCD as MakeDisc, the logo looks like this:

make_disc.gif

Is this something new? something significant? Am I making a CloineDVD2/CloneDVD 5 mixup error?

Last edited:
And yet we have CloneDVDMobile which AFAIK is a SlySoft creation.

CloneDVD mobile is 100% Slysoft developed.

For another unrelated reason I went to Elby's website and saw has the following message regarding CloneCD:

As I noted in the other thread, this is not new. It dates back to 2003.

By the look of things it would appear that Elby is recreating CloneCD as MakeDisc, the logo looks like this:

make_disc.gif

Is this something new? something significant? Am I making a CloineDVD2/CloneDVD 5 mixup error?

Ummm... MakeDisc from Elaborate Bytes dates back to the early 2000s. Discussion can be found here: http://club.myce.com/f59/makedisc-52779/. I don't know what ever came of it or why it's listed on the Elaborate Bytes website.

Last edited:
Drink, as I replied to you in the other thread, this was just a bit of confusion and unwarranted concern on my part. The transfer of ownership was before my time using Slysoft products, I hadn't even heard of the company then, so I got confused since there was no dates associated with the transfer. Your reply here and on the thread in the CloneCD forum put my mind at ease. Thank you very much. :)

Since it has already been established that CloneDB will NOT be the name of Slysoft's Bluray backup application, I wonder what the logo will be when the product is released. Will it be sheep or a fox? Maybe a beaver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back