• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

That's impossible. The Cinavia signal cannot act on the player. The Cinavia watermark is just a very slight modulation of the audio. It takes complex signal processing just to detect it. There is no way that the signal itself could somehow "control the player' without the firmware and hardware installed in the player to detect it.

Yes Royalty,

Thats pretty much what iam trying to say here :clap: !!

(to everybuddy else, sexcuse my bad english)

ps. It is possible (but not proved so far as I know) for an original protected disc to turn on a Cinavia flag in the firmware, or use bd-live to download firmware, but that's not news and AFIK has never happened yet.

See, that's is what my concerns is based on !! What not is still can happen, lets not forget its pretty much a NEW "undefeated" protection (2009 if iam not mistaken)

thanks though for your insights all,

cheerios,

Latest firmware version is Cinavia 'error' free. Just watched entire Salt blu-ray movie only backup. No problem. ;)

Thanks for the 3d player recommendation and the cinavia update on the newest firmware version.

I took your advice and got the 3D LG player. I did get the BD 670 though since it was the same price as the BD 650 on Amazon.

BTW, where are you from? I'm Roy from California (Roycal), not 'Royalty'. There is a village in 12th century Germany Royals I am related to. But that was a long time ago and none of my relatives still live there :)

Yes, i thought i read royalty and treated you as such :bowdown: ..

Still, given the location of your noble heritage. It's quite possible your ancestors may have served my ancestors in the past present :p

You see, iam from Europe (PAL region 2 :p)

Thanks for your insights regarding the frightful Cinavia scenario !!

Take care,

Iam not THAT worried, yet... I just don't want to spend time and money making backups that will not work anymore in the future because of that pesky protection!!

Furthermore, iam not into horses rocca, unless its served on a plate with some french fries :p

Remarkable though, an secretary with such an great endurance and stamina dominating the top notch class horses still as of today :eek:!

Great story thoug :eek:

take care,

As long as the player does not have cinavia detection...I.e. the majority of players today...then a movie only backup will always work. Once cinavia detection is added to a player, most likely with a firmware update, then cinavia will be detected on the backup and will trigger the message. That's it. The embedded signal is not going to take over your player, haunt your bathroom, or do anything except be there waiting to be detected by a cinavia enabled player. If the player isn't looking for the signal, absolutely nothing will take place except your backup playing normally. Cinavia is never going to be added to the playback software I use for my backups. Software players like powerdvd, tmt, and windvd will eventually get cinavia added to them. Hence keep old versions around so you always have a working player. Stand alone players...those need some kind of update if they don't already have cinavia detection built in. The presence of an embedded signal (that it doesn't detect) is not going to magically turn it into some cinavia monster.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

As long as the player does not have cinavia detection...I.e. the majority of players today...then a movie only backup will always work.

You mean movie only is safer than full backup as a protection from Cinavia to playback on old players ?

You mean movie only is safer than full backup as a protection from Cinavia to playback on old players ?

I'm not sure it makes much of a difference, but, here's something to consider. A full backup has all the BD-J crap in tact. In theory, and this is *ONLY* a theory, the BD-J could do some stupid nonsense to aid Cinavia checking in the future. This is *NOT* what happens today at all. I'm just theorizing that in the future, similar to what BD+ does, they could use BD-J or BD+ to check that the player has a Cinavia checking firmware as part of the protection. This is full on paranoia theorizing here. In no way am I suggesting this is being done, or is likely to be done. Just that it's entirely possible. A movie only backup remove all that nonsense and gives you nothing but playable streams. And in the end, if you have a non-Cinavia player, that's what you really care about.

My Samsung BD-P1590 seems to no longer play full modern backups. Unless they are on BD-9. Rather weird. However, it will play movie only backups on BD-25(naturally). It also plays my one year old full backup BD-25's. It started doing this after some firmware upgrades. I thought it might help with certain disc types. It's my belief that a firmware partially crippled the players ability to play backups.

SamuriHL,

I see your point. I did a backup copy of the movie BLACKTHORN with BD-Rebuilders new feature, movie and menu only backup, and this backup disc will not play on the PS3 and on my computer using three hard drives with PowerDVD 9. Oddly enough it will play back with PowerDVD9 and Pioneer 205 internal blu-ray drive on the same computer. It will also plays fine on my Pioneer and Samsung stand alone players. I have Panasonic and two other Sony players that I am going to check with later today. I will also do a movie only backup and see if the problem goes away. I think BD-J is what causing the issue.

EDIT: Now I cannot play the movie on the Pioneer 205 with PowerDVD9.

Last edited:
My Samsung BD-P1590 seems to no longer play full modern backups. Unless they are on BD-9. Rather weird. However, it will play movie only backups on BD-25(naturally). It also plays my one year old full backup BD-25's. It started doing this after some firmware upgrades. I thought it might help with certain disc types. It's my belief that a firmware partially crippled the players ability to play backups.

Did you do the firmware update recently ?

I'm afraid I'll never know which firmware did it, and when. I didn't test test test, the way I probably should have. The player has really been finicky since day one. We more or less gave up on it. It sits on my desk, for testing purposes now. It's been replaced by a Beautiful LG BD640. Other than BD-9 full backup BD-J discs, it reads everything.

SamuriHL,

I see your point. I did a backup copy of the movie BLACKTHORN with BD-Rebuilders new feature, movie and menu only backup, and this backup disc will not play on the PS3 and on my computer using three hard drives with PowerDVD 9. Oddly enough it will play back with PowerDVD9 and Pioneer 205 internal blu-ray drive on the same computer. It will also plays fine on my Pioneer and Samsung stand alone players. I have Panasonic and two other Sony players that I am going to check with later today. I will also do a movie only backup and see if the problem goes away. I think BD-J is what causing the issue.

BD-J is a royal pain IMO. Personally I do all my backups as MKV's and use J River's MC17 to play them. I don't have to worry about BD+ and/or BD-J ruining my viewing experience. That's why I feel the SAFEST backup is movie only with none of that code still kicking around. I realize SlySoft is excellent at removing those protections, but, why take the chance? Just nuke that stuff and be done with it. :)

I really like maintaining the special features as well. I guess I could rebuild the entire disc structure utilizing a program like Nero, or something else similar.

E.g. strip every title, and incorporate it into a completely new disc ;)

Omegaman7,

Maybe you should check for it in the future. I make a habit of testing for Cinavia after a firmware upgrade. I have six stand alone blu-ray players that are Cinavia free as of now and I would like to keep them that way is case a solution is not found for it.

Yea, I have a test file I use. I re-encoded about 25 minutes of The Losers into an MP4 with 2 channel AACS audio and use that. It trips the PS3 just nicely. :) You could easily convert one to a DVD to have a test disc that'll play on any player to test it out.

BD-J is a royal pain IMO. Personally I do all my backups as MKV's and use J River's MC17 to play them. I don't have to worry about BD+ and/or BD-J ruining my viewing experience. That's why I feel the SAFEST backup is movie only with none of that code still kicking around. I realize SlySoft is excellent at removing those protections, but, why take the chance? Just nuke that stuff and be done with it. :)

I hear you. I really want to keep the menu. But if the "movie only" backup of BLACKTHORN, which I am doing now, plays back fine on the PS3 and Powerdvd 9, then I will have to think about the movie only option as my backup method going forward.

Yea, I have a test file I use. I re-encoded about 25 minutes of The Losers into an MP4 with 2 channel AACS audio and use that. It trips the PS3 just nicely. :) You could easily convert one to a DVD to have a test disc that'll play on any player to test it out.

Good to know. I currently use SALT and THE KARATE KID.

I hear you. I really want to keep the menu. But if the "movie only" backup of BLACKTHORN, which I am doing now, plays back fine on the PS3 and Powerdvd 9, then I will have to think about the movie only option as my backup method going forward.

I completely understand wanting to keep everything. But I do think that movie only is safer until we can get CloneBD to rebuild our discs.

Back