• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

ISO playback and Cinavia Firmware

If this is considered 'cross-posting', I'm sorry.
At the AVS OPPO93/95 forum, there is discussion that a future firmware update will remove the .ISO playback easteregg. Is it possible this feature somehow confounds implementation of cinavia?

Regards

I imagine it's a legal issue. I heard something similar about Powerdvd's ability to play DVD/BD folders. It was removed for some reason. Legal Issue? Perhaps. I don't use the software, so I've never really pursued an answer. The ability to play ISO files, does seem a bit... wrong, coming from a piracy point of view. But I don't know...

On another note, my Older Samsung is playing full backups on Verbatim BD-R discs (Non LTH). Not sure why it's in such a good mood(it quit playing them for a time). I must be overlooking something. Or perhaps my player just isn't fit for testing purposes. It's too erratic LOL!

You can add the Drive region A blu-ray to the Cinavia list. I haven't confirmed a ripped copy wouldn't play in my PS3, but the back of the box has the Cinavia logo. I'm going to test it just to be sure.

I have a Drive mkv from before it came in the U.S. (I know, I'm bad cuz I couldn't wait, but I knew I was going to buy the blu-ray anyway) and it played just fine on my PS3, so it must just be the region A disc that has it.

Last edited:
LG BD650 3D player firmware update

LG just released a new firmware version for the BD650. It updates the "Driver" from 'H90372' to 'H90376". This is the newest release for at least 2 months or more, so advise caution to make sure it's not infected with Cinavia code before installing into your player. Anyone who knows more about this update, please reply to this post. TIA ;)

Sony BDP-S185 (UK) Firmware M09.R.0013

Greetings.

I've recently picked up a new Sony BDP-S185 (UK) players that comes with firmware M09.R.0013. Does anyone know if this player contain Cinavia protection ?

The new M09.R.0033 version listed on the firmware update page shows "Cinavia™ content protection technology" as one of the improvements. Does this mean the current 0013 version is Cinavia free? Is there a way to find out?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/BDP-S185/downloads/BDP69G_v0033

Many thanks and best regards.

# Applicable models: BDP-S185, BDP-S186
# Benefits and improvements:
This update includes Cinavia™ content protection technology.

The thing sais it all, if you update to that firmware you'll get infected with cinavia. Wich means v0013 is NOT cinavia free. It ADDS cinavia detecting to the player.

Basically this means any version upto .0012 is cinavia free. Get .0013 and you get infected. So don't update your player anymore unless you want cinavia in it.

Thanks for the reply, CH3vr3. Not sure if I follow you.

The player is already version .0013. The new update is .0033.

Does .0013 have Cinavia?

then stick to 0013, its the 0033 that adds cinavia. Don't update your player if you wish to remain cinavia free (that is till a disc comes alone that forces you to upgrade, wish hopefully never happens)

Does somebody know if the latest Pana BDT-110 Fw (1.80) is still save (not infected)?
Since Panasonic doesn't allow to go back to an earlier version it's risky to update the player without this information.;)
It would be a great benefit if the list at the beginning of this thread could be maintained to include the later models and firmwares up to date.

then stick to 0013, its the 0033 that adds cinavia. Don't update your player if you wish to remain cinavia free (that is till a disc comes alone that forces you to upgrade, wish hopefully never happens)

Thanks for the good advice, Ch3vr0n.

1. Is there a way to test if a player is Cinavia enabled without using one of the BD's on the infected list?

2. Will a copy of infected BD ripped without encryption removal play on a Cinavia enabled player?

3. Will an infected BD play on a non-Cinavia player?

Many thanks and best regards.

1. Is there a way to test if a player is Cinavia enabled without using one of the BD's on the infected list?.
Not that I know of. You can make a short DVD re-encode of 1/2 hour or so of a known cinavia infected movie and play that as a standard for testing cinavia.

2. Will a copy of infected BD ripped without encryption removal play on a Cinavia enabled player?.
If you're backup copy still has all the copy protections, it won't play anyway on a standalone player. It doesn't matter if it has Cinavia or not. That's what the copy protection is for. Original published disks have a BD-ROM Mark area that you cannot duplicate with BD-R's and burners. That's how the copy protection works.

3. Will an infected BD play on a non-Cinavia player?

A cinavia infected disk will play on a non-infected player without any errors.
That's how cinavia works, the player has to have the cinavia detection code to trigger the cinavia actions. If the player is not programmed with the cinavia code, then the player doesn't look for cinavia audio watermark ;)

Last edited:
It should be noted that the initial version of CloneBD won't remove Cinavia. If Cinavia becomes more of a threat going forward, you can bet that it will get updated at some point to do so. :)

I would not bet CloneBD is going to be updated at some time to remove Cinavia.

There are a lot of hackers, special interest groups, corporations trying for a cure for Cinavia, and the one who releases the Cinavia cure FIRST has a big jump and huge money profit.

I doubt anyone is sitting on a Cinavia cure and waiting for the right time to release it to the marketplace, it would cost them too much money to sit on the cure and wait for the right time to inject it into CloneBD

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not bet CloneBD is going to be updated at some time to remove Cinavia.

There are a lot of hackers, special interest groups, corporations trying for a cure for Cinavia, and the one who releases the Cinavia cure FIRST has a big jump and huge money profit.

I doubt anyone is sitting on a Cinavia cure and waiting for the right time to release it to the marketplace, it would cost them too much money to sit on the cure and wait for the right time to inject it into CloneBD

You are really missing the point here, fast eddie. CloneBD will be released when the product is ready. The software has been in development for some time now. Cinavia is a newer obstacle and will take time to handle properly and not with some half-assed solution that will wind up being nullified. Delaying the release of CloneBD because of Cinavia would be silly. Adding support for Cinavia at a later time when a solution for it exists makes sense. No one claimed a solution for Cinavia was being sat on. The simple fact is that CloneBD has been in development long before anyone even knew Cinavia existed.

Cinavia Question

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a couple of questions. First, I just purchased a Panasonic DMP-BDT210 and have yet to hook it up. I'm wondering if I should update the firmware to the latest version or leave it where it's at so I avoid any Cinavia woahs? Does anyone know if the current firmware version adds the Cinavia on this model? I would really like to upgrade to the new firmware so I can enjoy the Vierra Connect and not the Vierra Cast applications. Also, I've read a lot about how this Civania works but I'm a little confused. If I copy a 100 percent cloned copy of the original disc why does it not carry the Civania watermark over to the new disc and play just as the original would? Thank you.

I really don't have a message, I just wanted to subscribe to this thread to keep current. : )

Been with you guys for years and I'm certain when CloneBD does release, it will be awesome. Thanks for keeping up with the times.

# Applicable models: BDP-S185, BDP-S186
# Benefits and improvements:
This update includes Cinavia™ content protection technology.

I gather the infected version is .0033? Would be nice to get this added to the known infected player list in the first post. That list is still pretty thin ;)

Not that I know of. You can make a short DVD re-encode of 1/2 hour or so of a known cinavia infected movie and play that as a standard for testing cinavia.

If you're backup copy still has all the copy protections, it won't play anyway on a standalone player. It doesn't matter if it has Cinavia or not. That's what the copy protection is for. Original published disks have a BD-ROM Mark area that you cannot duplicate with BD-R's and burners. That's how the copy protection works.

A cinavia infected disk will play on a non-infected player without any errors.
That's how cinavia works, the player has to have the cinavia detection code to trigger the cinavia actions. If the player is not programmed with the cinavia code, then the player doesn't look for cinavia audio watermark ;)

Greetings Roycal. Many thanks for the detailed explanations.

Will do some tests with Anonymous UK version.

Best regards.

Greetings Roycal. Many thanks for the detailed explanations.

Will do some tests with Anonymous UK version.

Best regards.

No problem. Just to clarify.

1. Cinavia copy protection works by looking for embedded audio watermarks in the original audio. It is not diminished by known compression and conversion techiniques (yet;).

2. When Cinavia watermarks are detected, on a 'Cinavia enabled player', the player looks for a valid media source. i.e valid AACS files. If the files are not present and valid, the copy triggers a cinavia error.

3. A backup of an iso image to a BD-R media with all protections in place will not fail for Cinavia, but it will fail because AACS will not be able to find the ROM mark.

There is a lot of misconception going around that defeating Cinavia simply means to keep the original protected image. That doesn't work and it's the whole reason AnyDVDHD exists. If you keep the protected image, you are just copying the original protected disc and it won't play in a stand alone licensed player anyway. You don't need AnyDVDHD to copy the original protected disc. And you are back to a disk that doesnt work in a standalone commercial player anyway! ;)

PS. I'm not ruling out an AACS fix in the future though (instead of re-authoring/mixing of the audio). Those guys at Slysoft are capable of anything! Mixing out the cinavia signal would be the most desirable though ;)

Last edited:
Update for WinDVD BD

I have a pending update for WINDVD BD on Sony update on my Vaio.
It only appeared today.
I wont update the s/w. Dont know if this is enable for Cinavia.

Back