• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pioneer BDR-206 Firmware 1.05

BurnerHEAD

hi guys,

does someone have the BDR-206 and tried to update to Firmware 1.05?

It was released on February 9th, but for me it shows "Available target is not found", when I try updating.

Can someone help with this error?

thank you,
BurnerHEAD

try emailing pioneer

thanks for the hint, I just did that.

Is there any general troubleshooting info that I can go through?

Having to burn Verbatim BD-RE at 0.8x is pretty annoying, but the 1.05 update says that burning of BD-RE media was enhanced.

Thank you!

I seen your post and my FW was at 1.04 so i downloaded BDR-206_FW105EU.EXE and drive was updated to 1.05 in 5 secs, Im using this on a AMD 3.1 ghz Propus 645 overclocked to 3.5 ghz

Release Information (by the Manufacturer)

- Improvement of BD-RE writing

- Adds support for new BD-R SL media
(4x Writing with Prodisc media)
(6x Writing with Infomedia, Ritek and CMC media)

- Adds support for new BD-R LtoH media
(6x Writing with Umedisc, Ritek, That's, Maxell and JVC media)

Last edited:
I seen your post and my FW was at 1.04 so i downloaded BDR-206_FW105EU.EXE and drive was updated to 1.05 in 5 secs, Im using this on a AMD 3.1 ghz Propus 645 overclocked to 3.5 ghz

Release Information (by the Manufacturer)

- Improvement of BD-RE writing

- Adds support for new BD-R SL media
(4x Writing with Prodisc media)
(6x Writing with Infomedia, Ritek and CMC media)

- Adds support for new BD-R LtoH media
(6x Writing with Umedisc, Ritek, That's, Maxell and JVC media)

So, where did you buy your drive from? country of origin?

In the meantime, I disabled AHCI but no change. Still can't update.

contact Pioneer "Support" through their web site....they can send you a playable CD that will download the 1.05 firmware upgrade you need into your BDR-206...

Would also help if we knew what motherboard your using

Would also help if we knew what motherboard your using

Mainboard is Asus M2R32-MVP.

Maybe it has something to do with Master/slave config?

contact Pioneer "Support" through their web site....they can send you a playable CD that will download the 1.05 firmware upgrade you need into your BDR-206...

hmm, do you mean I downloaded the wrong file?

hmm, did a BIOS update to newest version, but still no success.

Tried various master/slave configs, but didn't work either.

I found a thread from 2005 from a reseller, that says that this message occurs only, when you have an OEM drive means "bulk" edition.

http://forum.mindfactory.de/festpla...iert-man-firmware-dvd-brenners-dvr-109-a.html

To those that have the BDR-206? Can you update? do you have the bulk or the retail version?

Code:
Pioneer is manufacturing 2 versions of its DVD burners. DVR-10x version are those sold as "bulk" for being integrated by final users or OEM; whereas DVR-A0x are sold in "box version" and have additional features.
It seems that to cut its production costs, Pioneer has used an identical mechanical/hardware part in the recent 109 and A09 models, the only difference being only in the external aspect and the firmware.
But the A09 is having interesting features theoretically missing in the 109 models, such as: no speed limit DVD ripping whereas 109 is limited to 4x. The A09 model is also featuring a small utility panel allowing the user to lower the DVD playing speed to a silent mode while reading DVDs.
Members from Forum RPC-1 have successfully transform a Pioneer DVR-109 model into a A09 model. We have been able to reproduce the procedure. Be careful that you will need a Pc to flash the DVR-109; firmware tools are not available for Mac yet.

1) Download the softwareDVRupdate 0.9 to force flashing the DVR-109 model.
2) Download Firmware 1.05 for A09. You will have to extract the archive to the same folder containing DVRupdate.
3) Launch DVRupdate, and choose kernel and firmware for A09. No way to make mistake since the software knows how to discriminate between both models.
4) flash the burner. It now behaves as a A09 model.
5) Download Firmware 1.17 for A09. Now since it is a A09 burner, it will be able to update its firmware from the A09 tools.
6) Place back your DVR-109 into you Mac, and reboot.

with the Mac system your DVR is still recognized as a 109, but the DVD ripping is much faster. We have successfully burned CDs and DVDs; but the most impressing thing is that the drive turns into the silent mdoe automatically when reading video DVD!!
As usual, since it is a really recent modification, reports are still missing, so be aware that you perform the procedure to your own risk. We are not responsible if you fail. It is always possible to flash the firmware back to 109 with DVRupdate.

Only thing I can think is that the drive doesn't like the old controllers on your Mobo. I've seen this before with optical drives

So, where did you buy your drive from? country of origin?

In the meantime, I disabled AHCI but no change. Still can't update.

Im in the USA my friend and purchased the drive from newegg, it's running @ DMA 6, I purchased it about a month ago. It did Come with 1.02 FW but when i installed the drive 1.04 was out so never used 1.02 then i seen u post 1.05 was out and last night downloaded the EXE and within seconds upgraded to 1.05. You do understand when upgrading when you click on that EXE is like a RAR file so it's loading off a dir in your root drive ( c: ) which u can delete that dir after the drives firmware has been upgraded, you know you can right click on the BDR-206_FW105EU.EXE with WinRAR and tell it to extract here then you'll have 3 files
BR206.exe,S1030000.105 and S1030001.105. Click on BR206.exe and it should flash your drive if not then something the way you have it installed or a bad firmware upgrade, there are no 206's reported that have flashing problems. At best there a little faster then the 205's because of PCAV which the 206 has and the 205 only has CAV.

*Note: If you can't get it to upgrade from your mobo only other option is to put a SATA card in your PC and then that will solve your problems. Im using it in my HTPC which im using a ASROCK mobo that can do almost anything so my 206 sata cable is going direct to one of the 5 sata connections. Or cheap way flash from a friends newer computer off his mobo.

Untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:
The OP doesn't have a problem with getting and running the file, the problem is that it doesn't recognise his drive is connected so I think he's going to have to do like you said, either get a 3rd party controller or take it to a friends with a newer mobo and flash it there (although I doubt that'll fix his problem as I think it's to do with the SATA controller on his mobo).
Have you tried making sure the drive is on one of the first 2 sockets (0 or 1)

The OP doesn't have a problem with getting and running the file, the problem is that it doesn't recognise his drive is connected so I think he's going to have to do like you said, either get a 3rd party controller or take it to a friends with a newer mobo and flash it there (although I doubt that'll fix his problem as I think it's to do with the SATA controller on his mobo).
Don't really get what you mean: You think that a 3rd party controller on my PC won't work or a newer mobo from a friend will not work?

Have you tried making sure the drive is on one of the first 2 sockets (0 or 1)
hmm, I can't put the Pioneer into SATA Port 1, because that one is reserved for Harddisks. Putting the drive in SATA Port 1, results in the PC not booting anymore.
But putting it into SATA Port 2, resulting the drive being a 4th Master, doesn't change anything.

@CodeHacker:
What mainboard do you use?

I have an older Gigabyte Intel board Core 2 Duo lying around, so when I have time, I will try that one.
BTW: Can you recommend a 3rd party SATA controller?

Back