• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

Scaremongering would be if he'd said that all players could be updated to use Cinavia, as he hasn't said that then it's not scaremongering.

Tell us again, cuz I'm stoopid, where EXACTLY it has been established that players exist "that can't ever support this protection"? It seems to me it is only speculation at this point that older BD players cannot be forced to adopt the Cinavia protection with a firmware update.

While I'm doubtful myself about this (that players CAN be "updated" with Cinavia, or even that studios would force manufacturers to do so with an Avatar-type update) until we know for sure, your statement is an assumption. And you do know what it means when you assume something, yes? It's really quite simply...scare-mongering.

DukeOfUrl, you really need to go back and read the thread and the discussions that have occurred. Your perceptions of what have been stated are your perceptions. SamuriHL is not nor has he been scare-mongering. You, on the other hand, are acting like a troll.

I'll refer you back to my post earlier in this thread here:

It does need to be pointed out that discussing implications of a badly created system and the possibly damaging repercussions in a simple open discussion is not panicking, fear mongering, or FUD. This discussion is essentially theoretical in nature.

I'm not really concerned with this situation right now but myself and others see and recognize the possible shortcomings and pitfalls that may loom on the horizon due to limitations or simple unintended consequences. florinsasu has seemingly confirmed one of the pondered problems with the entire protection mechanism.

SamuriHL responded with this:

This is absolutely correct and my take on the situation, too. This discussion has been really good (and civil which is always appreciated) and educational. Discussing the potential future impact of this particular protection falls under the speculation category. Since only a few titles are soon to be out with it, widespread panic is unwarranted. But, if this becomes common, and some of the things we have discussed do come to pass (forced updates by AACS player key revocation), then it'll become a very annoying situation. The best solution for now is to make sure you have a player, either hardware or software, that isn't affected by this protection and hold on to it. If hardware, and if they do implement key revocation, you'll need to be very careful with what you do with that player. Unfortunately, like I said before, a majority of people won't even be aware of this situation until it's too late. I can easily see a bunch of "hey my backup won't stream/play" posts if this becomes widespread. Speculation isn't always useful, but, in this case we can draw some interesting ideas from what we're already seeing and what we know is possible. And of course, the history of the AACS LA and what they're willing to do. I would say the speculation that's been discussed isn't impossible unfortunately.

Thus far this entire thread has been civil. So, why exactly do you have to cause a problem, DukeOfUrl? Stop with the garbage. Take this as a polite warning.

Last edited:
Thus far this entire thread has been civil. So, why exactly do you have to cause a problem, DukeOfUrl? Stop with the garbage. Take this as a polite warning.
And where have I not been civil? I was simply calling-out one of your Moderators on posts which suggest that people buy a player in reaction to the Cinavia situation. There are not yet enough facts in evidence to posit such a suggestion. People have better things to do with their money.

To moderate--"to lessen the intensity or extremeness of"

I don't see that in his posts. Sorry if you think my contributions are "trolling". :bowdown:

And where have I not been civil? I was simply calling-out one of your Moderators on posts which suggest that people buy a player in reaction to the Cinavia situation. There are not yet enough facts in evidence to posit such a suggestion. People have better things to do with their money.

Where, exactly, did I tell people to go out and buy a player? I think you read a lot into what I've said, and misinterpreted it pretty badly. Yet, you're the ONLY ONE who's done so. I find that fascinating. I've simply said that if the hardware people want to play Cinavia protected backups, then they should have a player that doesn't have Cinavia detecting abilities. You made up all the rest of what I supposedly said. I've made it pretty clear what people's options are. It's up to any person reading this to do, or not do, whatever it is they'd like. The fact that you take such offense to the mere suggestion that people might want to have a player that doesn't detect Cinavia is just hilarious. Do you honestly think I care what people buy or don't buy? Is there some horrifying crime against discussing what people's options are? To you there seems to be. You're on some crusade to make it out like I'm forcing everyone to go out and buy a new player RIGHT NOW. As I said earlier, I have absolutely no wish to discuss pretty much anything further with you. So, good luck in all your future endeavors, but, I'm not going to play along with your distortion of my words any longer.

@SamuriHL: I've found all of your posts to be informative and helpful, hardly reaching any point where I feel like you're telling any person what to do, but simply providing information based on sources that discuss Cinavia. If nothing else, you're allowing the hardware people (of which I am one) to make a decision based on the information you've provided, which is greatly appreciated, so thanks for that.

@SamuriHL: I've found all of your posts to be informative and helpful, hardly reaching any point where I feel like you're telling any person what to do, but simply providing information based on sources that discuss Cinavia. If nothing else, you're allowing the hardware people (of which I am one) to make a decision based on the information you've provided, which is greatly appreciated, so thanks for that.

Thank you. I appreciate that. And I'm glad you took my posts as how they were intended....merely a discussion and nothing more.

To moderate--"to lessen the intensity or extremeness of"

I don't see that in his posts. Sorry if you think my contributions are "trolling". :bowdown:

OK lets have a vote!!! Who's in favor of banning DUKEOFURL? I been reading this thread since day 1 and no where did anyone say " YOU NEED TO GO OUT AND BUY A NON CINAVIA Blu Ray player"...

OK lets have a vote!!! Who's in favor of banning DUKEOFURL? I been reading this thread since day 1 and no where did anyone say " YOU NEED TO GO OUT AND BUY A NON CINAVIA Blu Ray player"...

I don't think that's necessary. I think what's been said is enough.

Yea, so, anyway, back to Cinavia. Has anyone found any evidence of new titles with it on them? Just curious if The Losers is the only confirmed disc out there so far.

SamuriHL: I see that Hajj_3 posted in the thread he started that "The Runaways" has it, but not sure if thats speculation or fact.

Thanks, I missed that. I had seen reports that it would have it but nothing has been confirmed. Hajj_3, any comment on how you tested? I'll go find your thread, as well.

@ Humphammer

GOOD to know on your Sony S560, my Sony S560 will be here this afternoon.

What firmware version are you running? 006 or the latest 007?

Or maybe even a older version?

:agree:

It is firmware 006....and will stay that as I have no intention of connecting to the internet.

were you playing a dvdrip or bdrip? as the dvd isn't protected. Which country is your bluray player from and what firmware version does it have?

Has slysoft managed to get a hold of any Cinivia protected blurays yet? Would be good if they could test several bluray players and make a list of players and firmware versions that do and don't have cinivia.

It was on a Verbatim BD-R 25, and I tried it on my PS3 before purchasing the BDP S 560....it played for 20 minutes on the PS3 before Cinavia kicked in but played from start to finish with zero problems on the S 560....which has 006 firmware.

BTW thanks to SamuriHL for the heads up I got the last S560 that Crutchfield Electronics had....I have also ordered a Sony BDP CX960 400 disc Blu-Ray changer if it is Cinavia free it's just gravy my blu-ray collection is in excess of 400 already just been wating on a price drop.

Last edited:
with the keep protection intact option, is there a way to keep the protection and then burn onto a BD-R and if so would that fix the problem?

Nope there is no way to do that atm. The purpose of these protections are so you can't back it up(like AACS or BD+). Someone would most likely have to crack the AACS key which supposedly has not been done, and may never be done.

@ Humphamer

Thanks for your info, got my Sony S560 late last night and will set it up today, quite a few options to set up. So much smaller than the old Sony S301.

I did put the latest firmware for the Sony S560 (version 007) on a blank CD disk just in case, in the future, I will need it if the source, pressed, BD-ROM disk won't play and ALL other know causes have been exhausted.

It was on a Verbatim BD-R 25, and I tried it on my PS3 before purchasing the BDP S 560....it played for 20 minutes on the PS3 before Cinavia kicked in but played from start to finish with zero problems on the S 560....which has 006 firmware.

BTW thanks to SamuriHL for the heads up I got the last S560 that Crutchfield Electronics had....I have also ordered a Sony BDP CX960 400 disc Blu-Ray changer if it is Cinavia free it's just gravy my blu-ray collection is in excess of 400 already just been wating on a price drop.

Holy hell! That's an awesome toy!! :) I hope it's Cinavia free, as well. I'm glad these discussions have helped.

That thread has been discussed many times. They have absolutely no clue what they're talking about. I've done extensive tests on The Losers, and I can tell you right now it's a watermark embedded in the audio. Disabling chapters, removing subtitles, or any other nonsense has no affect at all on this protection. The only thing I've seen so far that "works" is pitch adjustment, which is obviously like using a cannon to kill a fly....in a fine china shop. Don't believe anything in that thread.

Cinavia/The Losers

hello folks, don't know if anyone's interested, but I used ANYDVD HD to rip The Losers to my hard drive, backed it up using ImgBurn. I've played it end-to-end twice and it worked Flawlessly......... played on a Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player Firmware Version: 2.4

Back