• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Test your Internet speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be this page is crap? Why does it say that I've got only 4 Mb @dl while my downloads have speeds at aproximatly 1.5 to 2 MB/s?

Could it be this page is crap? Why does it say that I've got only 4 Mb @dl while my downloads have speeds at aproximatly 1.5 to 2 MB/s?

It depends on the server you are doing the test from among other possibilities. I've tried with different servers on the site and speeds will vary between them.

I've used that website for speed testing for awhile and it is always consistent with my connection speeds. Apparently my provider has upgraded the network again. My upload bandwidth has remained the same but my download speeds have been boosted a lot. I've peaked so far at 37 Mb/s. I downloaded the entire Orange Box from Steam at a nice 1.1 MB/s.

It's a good day for my connection. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Speedtest Mbit.png
    Speedtest Mbit.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Speedtest Mbytes.png
    Speedtest Mbytes.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 125
463799617.png

Very slow tonight, after 6:00PM alot of people come home from work and go on the internet.:bang:

I can't complain since the last official information about my connection speeds was that I have a 3 Mbit down and 768 Kbit up connection. I'm more than happy with the faster speeds, however. :D

463852150.png

Not as good as some, but plenty fast enough and remains constant.

Amazing! Videotron (Montreal) just upgraded all my neighbourhood cables to the latest fibre optic and I'm still at the same old speeds :mad:

463939305.png

At least I can beat you all on the ping times - too bad I don't do online gaming. ;)

Usually a "0" ping means it can't get a proper read on your ping if I am not mistaken, SlyFox and my "10" ping might be the best readable pings

I got a "5" ping in game once btw (Battlefield 2) from "Detroit to a Chicago server", I manually set my "offset" and I was killing dudes by just looking @ them lol

I had to hound Comcast for months to correct a ping issue and when they finally sorted it out I ended up w/ some pretty nice pings

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
I agree OCGW. Without a very expensive fibre connection, you cant do better than this.

Just for the record the high ping from the server I used for my test is not an indication of the ping to all servers. My normal ping time is between 20-50 ms. That particular server, for some reason, always has me at just over 500 ms. My ISP does, at times, have a history of some annoying routing.

I am a bit impressed by looking at the statistics on SpeedTest, however. For the last 10 years any friends from Europe have always had far better connection speeds but it appears that even though the US does lag behind in speeds that the SpeedTest shows the US catching up. This means that either the majority of users are from the US which is skewing a real comparison or the US really is slowly catching up.

I'm happy with a 10 Mbit/1 Mbit connection but if I can get even faster then awesome. I know people with 20 Mbit/20 Mbit and faster connections and I consider them pretty lucky but do I really need a 20 Mbit upload speed? Nope. I'll take it if it costs me nothing but it's not really necessary.

465089932.png Now its a rainy Sat afternoon and everybody is on the internet so mine has slowed down, but its really not that bad.

I agree OCGW. Without a very expensive fibre connection, you cant do better than this.
I have a new (2 week old) fibre optic line to my house, which is a primary node shared with nobody else :) - although officially "high speed" the speed is throttled to encourage users to pay extra for what Videotron calls Extreme Internet. Too expensive for me, although the capability is there.

I have a new (2 week old) fibre optic line to my house, which is a primary node shared with nobody else :) - although officially "high speed" the speed is throttled to encourage users to pay extra for what Videotron calls Extreme Internet. Too expensive for me, although the capability is there.

B@st@rds!

ocgw

peace

So I have this "16 Mbit/s download service, 2 Mbit/s upload", I downloaded 2 booster packs from EA this morning totaling 1GB of data

The download started out @ 3.2MByte/s, and never dipped below 2.1MByte/s

sweet

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
484960668.png

Tested while my kid was playing World of Warcraft in the background. I've always been pleased that the upload speed of my Comcast connection helps with the overall performance.

495511720.png

495518181.png

495519865.png

So u I could have an average.
The best thing is, I don't pay a thing for this speed, I get it for free, just because I'm a student at the university.
8)

Last edited:
495511720.png

495518181.png

495519865.png

So u I could have an average.
The best thing is, I don't pay a thing for this speed, I get it for free, just because I'm a student at the university.
8)

That is some serious upload speed

ocgw

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back