• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Test your Internet speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My connection sucks

I get 89.90 MB/s upload Average And 280Mb/s Download. (During peak times)

Dedicated connection for business which I use for myself as well.

Though can't complain :)

My connection sucks

I get 89.90 MB/s upload Average And 280Mb/s Download. (During peak times)

Dedicated connection for business which I use for myself as well.

Though can't complain :)
That would mean at 280mbs a sec your download speed would faster than your hard drive could process it. Unless you are running SSDs in a raid 1 array it will bottleneck your I/O. :confused:

Nope, notice the small b Slyfox that is megabits not megabytes. He did use the large B on his upload though.

You guys in USA got it better than us Europeans!
77MB!! :eek: We can only dream of those speeds here!
I only recieve 7.76MB!

100Mbs connection

I normally get > 90Mbs up/down but for some strange reason the server in Seoul has slow upload speeds.

459057249.png

intrusionpreventiondisa.jpg

I am not sure how much it costs, it come free with the appartment. :D

That's using a download accelerator, Internet Download Manager to be exact, but I agree its very good.;)

That would mean at 280mbs a sec your download speed would faster than your hard drive could process it. Unless you are running SSDs in a raid 1 array it will bottleneck your I/O. :confused:

Actually the main line speed is that much then connection is divided before it is send to server’s farm. The servers I have are heavy duty ones including hard drive and more than capable of handling speed higher than total speed I get before connection is split. I provide off site back up service for business and individual. Therefore the server I have specifically designed for higher data transfers and heavy workloads and not to mention reliability counts.

This is just average sometime I get quite higher than this too. Depending on time of day and system load.

Last edited:
460850690.png"]460850690.png[/URL]

I do not know much about this stuff but I have a couple of questions...

1. Is this speed good enough to stream hd content from the internet?
2. If I connect an external hard drive with bd rips will this speed be good enough?
3. I am hooked up through a wireless g network, if I change this to N and get a gigabit switch would this help with streaming content to my tv etc.? ( I am wanting to build a htpc or something to start streaming content and am trying to figure out what I need)
TIA.

Last edited:
460850690.png"]460850690.png[/URL]

I do not know much about this stuff but I have a couple of questions...

1. Is this speed good enough to stream hd content from the internet?
2. If I connect an external hard drive with bd rips will this speed be good enough?
3. I am hooked up through a wireless g network, if I change this to N and get a gigabit switch would this help with streaming content to my tv etc.? ( I am wanting to build a htpc or something to start streaming content and am trying to figure out what I need)
TIA.

Just bumping this and wanted to add...

Please tell me if I am wrong (trying to learn)....The speed posted above is just for streaming from the internet. If I am streaming from a hard drive would a gigabit router/switch be able to stream HD content to my tv/other computers without stuttering etc? I am assuming the above speed would not have anything to do with streaming whithin a household?! Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but as I said I am new to all of this...TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back