• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.5

Nvidia's Geforge 8, 9 etc don't work with powerstrip anymore
not that its needed you can make your own custom timings with Nvidia's controll panel and it works great with Reclock
switching framefrates go without a problem even with vfr files (23.976/29.970) (Timestretching enable /vsynch disabled) and using overlay or haali renderer
smooth playback is a must for me even if it means a little ghosting
i'm using a 8800gt (G92) XFX and i'm never going back to ati for one reason
the 3870 and 4870(1gb) is giving me headaches with playback! so much to configure every time you want to playback something without jerky motion on tv or (much less jerky) on a monitor
and when you think HEY it works ....half way through a long movie 2.30.00h ....it goes bananas on ya :S
atleast those are my findings ... someone else may have better luck i sure didn't

QX6850 8GB 1066 DDR2
WindBlows XP Pro 32bit
Vista Ultimate 64 (DiSaSteR) Edition << why did i ever pay for that cr^p is beyond me ... :bang:
Asus Formula Maximus mobo
XFX 8800 GT (G92)

for those who wonder what kind of pc i'm using for video playback

mediaplayer used = kmplayer or zoomplayer 6 max

To James man i can't thank you enough for continueing with reclock
You Rock !!:rock:

That's part of the reason why I think needing perfect spot on frequency (eg 50.000000000000 hz or whatever) is another awesome piece of misinformation.
Later,

TSR

I would add that James has said exactly the same thing

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=142951&postcount=8
hehe, yeah I remember that ;)
yet both ZP6 and HR seem to imply that Reclock outputs solid 24.000 fps...that would also explain why most software renderers crap out after 45/60' when you have 48.000 in Reclock

anyway, apparently Kazuya, Seb.26 & I have found a way to get our stuff working smoothly, Reclock is just one big mistery ya know :D

how can an audio renderer correct the VSYNC of a video renderer?
how can an audio renderer change the clock speed of a DS graph?

ogo's original ideal is too awesome for words, James has polished it amazingly well...and now it's working in HR in both 24/25 fps thanks to Rik. good enough for me!

I know totozero has found another funky trick(yesgrey3 is also doing it I think) :
they both got an RME soundcard with highly professional drivers so they set the refresh rate to 24.000Hz w/ pstrip, check "slave to audio clock speed" and "original speed" in Reclock, change the audio clock speed in the soundcard drivers(e.g 48048Hz for 23.976fps@24Hz)...and bam! they get 24fps w/o resampling!

apparently it works like a treat in exclusive D3D EVR on XP...."all the roads lead to Rome" as they say :D

Last edited:
Sorry, this is pretty much .... impossible. ReClock isn't loaded, does nothing, nada.

Well it actually does something. Part of Reclock remains in there since it generates a log file at the begining of the playback to tell it won't interfere and writes a notification to that log file when the playback stops.

Maybe it's not doing anything by itself but my guess is that it sets a flag that instructs the hardware to perform deinterlace. This is the behaviour i experiment.

It would be great if unticking 'Force Reclock ... renderers' could completely prevent Reclock from doing or checking anything.

James, we need to more fully implement the "player preference" pop-up, in the same style as ffdshow i.e. it times out after a period and defaults to "do not use this time". I'd recommend it is actualy added to the player list at this time, so there is evidence of Reclock being asked to load. An error log (even if the "big log" is turned off) with the time this happened would also be good so it can be tied to any unexpected crashes/hangs.

I had trouble with a Fallout 3 where it loaded but the Reclock pop-up was hidden behind it. The application was effectively hung by Reclock's dialog box.

I think we will also need to draw up a list of incompatible apps (like ffdshow). I have already had iexplore, explorer and communication_helper (a Logitech Webcam helper app) that have hung in "quartz.dll" (some admittedly probably before you implemented the pop-up). The communication_helper problem for sure was fixed by disabling Reclock for that app.

It needs to be an "allow" system, not a "disallow" system.

I would just set it to allow reclock use in zplayer.exe and forget it.

It needs to be an "allow" system, not a "disallow" system.

I would just set it to allow reclock use in zplayer.exe and forget it.
Well it's kind of both at the moment - each app can be set to "allow" or "disallow". But I think I get where you are coming from, it would be good to be able to set up the list as you want it and then set up a default action for all new apps. This could be "ask" or "allow (this time)" or "disallow (this time)". And the "ask" pop-up should still timeout after a while, to avoid hanging especially in D3D apps.

@rickdry
Do you use ffdshow audiocodecs?
I had the same problem with zoomplayer when audio output samplerate was set to 32 bit interger and floatingpoint. Setting the samplerate to 16/24 bit integer, everything was working fine again.

Thanks but that was not it...it seems to be a Vista only issue so logging as a bug for mkv unless someone else has some idea

THis is running on vista 32

mkv issue resolved

I have resolved this issue by disabling the internal equaliser now the error is gone also had to select ffdshow audio codec

I have resolved this issue by disabling the internal equaliser now the error is gone also had to select ffdshow audio codec

IMO you should set it to 32 bit Integer in Ffdshow Audio and set Reclock to Kernel Streaming (which will work for 24 bit, but not 32 bit, at least with my soundcard).

That's part of the reason why I think needing perfect spot on frequency (eg 50.000000000000 hz or whatever) is another awesome piece of misinformation.
Later,

TSR
The thing I am genuinely unsure about is what most TVs do when the refresh rate is wrong. I KNOW my TV crudely holds/repeats frames if I force 48Hz timings on it (it is a PAL TV), resulting in judder. If I use Reclock to speed up to 50Hz all is smooth. What I am less clear about is if, due to errors in Windows Clocks, a 50Hz timing results in 50.002Hz, according to Reclock, will my TV drop a frame every 500 seconds? In the good old days TVs and video source used to synchronise themselves to "roughly" the right rate, then neither cared if they were inaccurate or "disagreed". I do not know what happens now, with HDTVs, when the rates are very close. I only know that is certainly possible to set up timings that a TV will accept but will cause it (not the PC) to judder!

due to errors in Windows Clocks, a 50Hz timing results in 50.002Hz, according to Reclock, will my TV drop a frame every 500 seconds?
both Kazuya on his Sanyo PLV-Z4 and duckyy on his SONY Vega flatscreen are getting tearing on their display if they output 50.000 in Reclock...which doesn't occur if they output perfect theoritical 50Hz from pstrip/CCC(that translates to 50.001 for duckyy on his old P4C & 50.002 for Kaz on his E2180).
apparently playing videos from a windows PC is not the best idea you could have ;)

that would also explain why MPC drops frames after a while in non-D3D mode with 48.000 in Reclock....and Rik has said many times that the pstrip camera(that uses the same DX routines as Reclock) wasn't accurate AT ALL to measure the refresh rate..

Last edited:
both Kazuya on his Sanyo PLV-Z4 and duckyy on his SONY Vega flatscreen are getting tearing on their display if they output 50.000 in Reclock...which doesn't occur if they output perfect theoritical 50Hz from pstrip/CCC(that translates to 50.001 for duckyy on his old P4C & 50.002 for Kaz on his E2180).
apparently playing videos from a windows PC is not the best idea you could have ;)

that would also explain why MPC drops frames after a while in non-D3D mode with 48.000 in Reclock....and Rik has said many times that the pstrip camera(that uses the same DX routines as Reclock) wasn't accurate AT ALL to measure the refresh rate..
:bang: Last time I was active on the pstrip forum we were all assuming the pstrip camera and Reclock were the most accurate. It is enough to drive you mad. Ah.... maybe that explains it.

TotalMedia Theatre

I have recently decided to give up on PowerDVD and give TotalMedia Theatre a try. I have tried it with 1.8.2.6 and 1.8.2.7 and I get complete failure with both. I am using the VMC version - uMCEDVDPlayer.exe. Without ReClock, it works fine but with ReClock, the disc (Blu-Ray .iso on HDD) the media seems to play and ReClock sends an event to change to 24Hz but I get a blank screen and no audio. When I click on the ReClock icon in the tray, it doesn't show the window. The TMT window is live and I can change from full screen to windowed but I cannot close it. Eventually I get a "not responding" message. I have attached the logs.

Nick.

Attachments

• reclock_log_1826.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
  • reclock_log_1827.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
Refreshrate & ReClock usage

Hi,

1) first let me confirm the findings of seb & leeperry. A couple of years back we wrote a small programm to calculate accurate timings (47.952) for the Radeon cards. ReClock always identifies them as 47.949 or 47.950 even though they have been verified as being spot on.

2) I am a little worried about the direction reclock is taking. Most people here seem to be concerned with speeding up (47.952 -> 48.000) or slowing down Media (25.000 -> 23.976 or 24.000). We mainly use Reclock with SP/DIF output to an receiver at the original (x2) speed. Please do not drop/neglect the sp/dif handling of reclock. We want the receiver to decode the original bitstreams. Reclock is necessary here, because of its V-Sync correction and the improved video-sync

3) Make V-Sync correction an automatic process without the need to fiddle with the slider/v-sync position. Or make reclock remember different positions for different filter/chains. At the moment its a real pain to adjust the slider manually.

4) Perfect Timings lead to almost no ac3/dts packet repeats/drops. But if a packet is about to be dropped it could be handled better. First pass all data unaltered through to the receiver, then if a packet is about to be dropped/repeated reclock could take the neighbouring packets and interpolate new packets for a very small time period. Afterwards it could revert to straight passthrough. This would make the drop/repeats unaudible.

regards,

Zardoz

Last edited:
4) Perfect Timings lead to almost no ac3/dts packet repeats/drops. But if a packet is about to be dropped it could be handled better. First pass all data unaltered through to the receiver, then if a packet is about to be dropped/repeated reclock could take the neighbouring packets and interpolate new packets for a very small time period. Afterwards it could revert to straight passthrough. This would make the drop/repeats unaudible.
This sounds VERY hard! Wouldn't Reclock have to know what the audio stream contained and be able to decode all possible formats - AC3/DTS/EAC3/TrueHD/DTS-HD HR/DTS-HD MA ..... and re-encode to all those same formats in real time. :eek: A rather major change in scope, if possible at all.

Hi,

1) first let me confirm the findings of seb & leeperry. A couple of years back we wrote a small programm to calculate accurate timings (47.952) for the Radeon cards. ReClock always identifies them as 47.949 or 47.950 even though they have been verified as being spot on.
As we are talking about s/pdif and the accuracy of Reclock's calculation, there is no question that when I was using s/pdif I got less dropped packets when I got Reclock's timing spot on than if I relied on pstrip's standard (non-camera) refresh rate. So I am still not sure which rate to target, although I am sure James will say again that we should all get over it and not worry!

I have recently decided to give up on PowerDVD and give TotalMedia Theatre a try. I have tried it with 1.8.2.6 and 1.8.2.7 and I get complete failure with both. I am using the VMC version - uMCEDVDPlayer.exe. Without ReClock, it works fine but with ReClock, the disc (Blu-Ray .iso on HDD) the media seems to play and ReClock sends an event to change to 24Hz but I get a blank screen and no audio. When I click on the ReClock icon in the tray, it doesn't show the window. The TMT window is live and I can change from full screen to windowed but I cannot close it. Eventually I get a "not responding" message. I have attached the logs.

Nick.

I have just tried turning off events from ReClock and TMT works OK. I turned events back on and set my RunEvent.vbs to diagnostic mode and find that it constantly reports events about once every 1 - 2 seconds. The event says:
GREEN CINEMA PCM 1 1 1920X1080 24 23976 24000 which is correct So why the repeats and is this what is causing the problem?

Nick.

Back