• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock chitchat

I have to say I am reluctant to pay for a third player! I have already coughed up for:

- TT for it's great D3D exclusive mode. Used for SD and HD mkv with only one chapter/language/subtitle e.g. TV
- PowerDVD used for Blu-ray discs

MPC-HC is OK for my HD disc rips and will hopefully improve.

I'm using ZP, with VRM7, but I've never thought that the FS OSD was done in D3D
well the FS transport bar is definitely D3D I think.
and it seems to catch the VSYNC really well.
I'll try on Vista later today, as everything is D3D on this OS 8)
MPC-HC is OK for my HD disc rips and will hopefully improve.
true, but I'm sick of the win95 GUI :D
how hard can it be to add a nice one...

Well I only use full screen exclusive and I turn off all the staus/info bars etc. No clutter. So when it starts up it has a simple black box in the middle of the screen and then it switches to full screen. I just need them to significantly improve the D3D OSD.

Well I only use full screen exclusive and I turn off all the staus/info bars etc. No clutter. So when it starts up it has a simple black box in the middle of the screen and then it switches to full screen. I just need them to significantly improve the D3D OSD.
oh yeah, the terrible blue OSD :D

well ZP D3D transport bar looks great, catches the VSYNC really well, and it doesn't freeze on shutdown for me(unlike MPC/KMP)

think we got a winner :bowdown:

Last edited:
hey Jong, that's ZP6 in VMR9 Renderless :

you can see that the VSYNC remains at the very top, and doesn't move at all :eek:

same goes for MPC HC in custom VMR9, but in KMP it's constantly moving.

I'm sure that might explain why PDVD is so smooth for you....apparently when set properly, VMR9 renderless can slave to the VSYNC really well!

using HR on XP is hopeless, but I haven't been too lucky w/ Reclock in KS on Vista either(random clicks & pops), so ZP6 in VMR9 on XP seems like a good option to me :agree:

I'll try a 2H movie, to see whether it craps out after 60' like MPC HC :rolleyes:

PS : I will also try to force 3xbuffer in MPC HC w/ custom VMR9(as it support PS scripts, and that's a great CPU saver for gamut conversions)

PS2 : humm when I force 3xbuffer in MPC HC, it reverts from custom VMR9 to Overlay...I tried to uncheck "loadlibrary", still a no go...

Last edited:
I'm using ZP, with VRM7, but I've never thought that the FS OSD was done in D3D, even more so considering that when you use the D3D Exclusive mode you lose all forms of OSD (even worse than MPC-HC).
in VMR7, Reclock's VSYNC indicator goes up to the top and vanishes ?! R.I.P. :D

how do you set ZP for exclusive mode please ?
but well, if it's even worse than MPC HC, that might be worthless :eek:

PS: goddamn the Scrolling_23.976fps.mkv tearing test video from Seb.26 is as smooth as can be..

Last edited:
in VMR7, Reclock's VSYNC indicator goes up to the top and vanishes ?! R.I.P. :D
That maybe happens to you. Not in my case :p
how do you set ZP for exclusive mode please ?
It should be under Video and Subtitles/Use Exclusive Fullscreen with VMR9 Renderless mode.

That maybe happens to you. Not in my case :pIt should be under Video and Subtitles/Use Exclusive Fullscreen with VMR9 Renderless mode.
oh right, there's so many options in this player.

well nothing happens when I select it.

I got a box at the bottom left that says "Zoom Player", and that's about it..

I've also tried to force triple buffering on MPC HC on XP, but that doesn't work in custom VMR9/EVR...it reverts to Overlay.
I don't understand this. What do you mean by "custom VMR9"? Forcing triple buffering works fine here with VMR9 renderless and D3D (at least it says it has done it, whether it makes a difference I have yet to decide!

I don't understand this. What do you mean by "custom VMR9"? Forcing triple buffering works fine here with VMR9 renderless and D3D (at least it says it has done it, whether it makes a difference I have yet to decide!
well, in non D3DFS mode that is(custom EVR & VMR9, where you can specify PS scripts)
Can confirm ZP6 is working fine with vista32.
[...]
Jesus - ZP6 is so much faster then MPC HC - its like I've got a new pc!
yeah I think KMP is quite bloated coz it's a MPC hack, at least ZP6 is fast!

in the "Install Center" after the install you mean ?
when it's downloading from their website ?

I haven't setup my fwall and stuff on Vista yet..

I've also tried to force triple buffering on MPC HC on XP, but that doesn't work in custom VMR9/EVR...it reverts to Overlay.
You only did it for regular EVR on Vista, right ?

in the meantime, I'll try to play a 2H movie in ZP6/VMR9 on XP....maybe it won't crap out after 60' like MPC does, and then I won't need to upgrade to Vista no more :disagree:

well, in non D3DFS mode that is(custom EVR & VMR9, where you can specify PS scripts)

yeah I think KMP is quite bloated coz it's a MPC hack, at least ZP6 is fast!

in the "Install Center" after the install you mean ?
when it's downloading from their website ?

I haven't setup my fwall and stuff on Vista yet..

You only did it for regular EVR on Vista, right ?

in the meantime, I'll try to play a 2H movie in ZP6/VMR9 on XP....maybe it won't crap out after 60' like MPC does, and then I won't need to upgrade to Vista no more :disagree:

well......my version of zp6 MAX didnt come from their website......if you get my drift.....! Standalone install has a check box for haali install. I 1st installed this without haali installing through ZP6 and it failed with a ds/splitter error even though I had its internal splitter set as default for Matroska AND haali splitter was already on the system - so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and allowed it to install haali and all was fine - I just had to set up a codec for use with .h264.

Yup - I only managed triple buffering on EVR not EVR Cus.

I'm quite taken back by ZP6 - I havent messed with this player since my day of ripping DVD's to Xvid's - Its really developed itself.........and now I hear its no longer being developed????? MAD.

If it helps - I can post more setup/config screenshots for ya - incase there's just a setting here or there a miss.

Justin

I'm quite taken back by ZP6 - I havent messed with this player since my day of ripping DVD's to Xvid's - Its really developed itself.........and now I hear its no longer being developed????? MAD.

If it helps - I can post more setup/config screenshots for ya - incase there's just a setting here or there a miss.
ok cool, thanks!

development looks pretty active on their forum, where did you hear that it had stopped :confused:

:confused: Not here.
oh well, ZP6 is the way to go I think.
if renderless VMR9 works fine for 2H on XP, that'll save me some hassle upgrading to Vista.

if it craps out like MPC, Vista's VSYNC enforcement should fix it

I guess starman can watch a 2H on Vista w/ EVR w/o a itch ?! :D

oh well, ZP6 is the way to go I think.
if renderless VMR9 works fine for 2H on XP, that'll save me some hassle upgrading to Vista.
I will wait with interest to hear how it goes.

oh right, there's so many options in this player.

well nothing happens when I select it.

I got a box at the bottom left that says "Zoom Player", and that's about it..
Huh? :confused: Could you post a screenshot? I don't get what you're saying. :)

I will wait with interest to hear how it goes.
you won't have to wait that long :D

after only 20', it started drifting and the tearing test suffered.

I will try on Vista now.

Last edited:
Huh? :confused: Could you post a screenshot? I don't get what you're saying. :)
6f2a13e1dfa5208a7a8a4be7515f8.png

Leeperry - you got PM m8!

I must agree ZP MAX is definately the way to go for HTPC - the only thing its missing for me is rendering in custom EVR mode - but I have now decided to only work with 1080p material as I guess i'm just getting picky about adding sharpening filters to my viewing.

I'm also getting very used to using coreavc instead of harnessing HA from the GPU using another decoder as some of my 'encodes' break L4.1 AVC and therefore dont use the GPU on my ati hd2600xt.

I guess that was also another thing I was picky about - I didnt like using core when I could use GPU HA - but I have come to respect the codec more in my pursuit of ultra smooth home cinema - SO for me - My setup will remain as follows until the next discovery..............lol

ZP 6 MAX - EVR - Reclock b19.

All the best

Justin

thanks buddy!

well the test I ran that crapped out after 20' was in "VMR9 Renderless" w/ Reclock b14 on XP SP3....even ZP tells you "this is not stable under some circumstances" when you select it, at least it's not b/s you :agree:

so I've run STEALTH through "VMR9 Windowsless", and the VSYNC remained dead on at this position :

at some point it was moving up or down for 2 pixels very slowly, but I haven't seen any ill effect on the tearing test.

*SO* syncing VMR9 to the VSYNC for 2H on XP is entirely possible I'd say :agree:

I don't recall the diff between VMR9 window/renderless, but I'll google up!

Last edited:
Back