• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock chitchat

leeperry

here we go, I sincerely apologize to James.

we will continue the Reclock mad science in here :)

apparently D3DOverrider.exe can be helpful to never miss the VSYNC..

..we need to dig this up I think images?q=tbn:a-wwq1qM_Gv8oM.jpg

here we go, I sincerely apologize to James.

we will continue the Reclock mad science in here :)

apparently D3DOverrider.exe can be helpful to never miss the VSYNC..

..we need to dig this up I think images?q=tbn:a-wwq1qM_Gv8oM.jpg
I think so. As this happens only very rarely on my system I will let you know if I get any more problems over the next few weeks, now I have D3DO running.

ahhhhhhhhhh Vista is definitely the promised land...thank you m$ for Aero & HPET :bowdown:

I had to raise my soundcard latency one notch as I was getting very slight glitches.....I guess KS already has a much lower latency than MME in the first place.

I just watched a 136' movie, which was butter smooth from start to the end(Hidalgo, with lots of running horses).

after 120' Reclock had to resync itself....doing some slight scratches & pops, so I've raised the PCM max latency from 20% to 25, and if that's not enough I'll try 30.

anyway, if the only problem now is that Reclock does some glitches for one second every 2 hours.........I think I can live w/ that :D

the movie started & ended at 0.17ppm, and it was definitely smoother than XP.

Last edited:
after 120' Reclock had to resync itself....doing some slight scratches & pops, so I've raised the PCM max latency from 20% to 25, and if that's not enough I'll try 30.

anyway, if the only problem now is that Reclock does some glitches for one second every 2 hours.........I think I can live w/ that :D
Is that really you Max??? Or has someone hijacked your account? Or maybe alien abduction?

What is your sound pre-buffer size? 30% with a 500ms buffer means a lipsync error of up to 150ms or nearly 4 frames. That is horrible. But maybe you have taken the pre-buffer right down?

Either way, after the first couple of minutes my audio desync settles @0ms or 1ms. Occasionally it may pop up to 4ms or so. Never comes anywhere near the latency limit. Something is strange.

well I've got the nasty habit of constantly watching ppl mouths to make sure that the A/V sync is right....and it was :eek:

I had the stock 500ms/20% settings, and after 2H straight Reclock had to resync and did some clicks & pops for one second.

at this point, I've NEVER managed to get a movie longer than 90' to play smoothly on XP(whatever EVR/VMR9/HR) :bang:

I dunno why Reclock got nuts after 2H, maybe coz I set my soundcard latency a big higher(from 128 to 256.... samples I think) ?

I'll try to play around w/ the buffer size, maybe trying 400ms ? I know older versions of reclock were set to 400.

anyway, I'm quite impressed......it was butter smooth for 136' in a row.

quite a performance...and when I reboot, Reclock goes straight back to 0.17ppm!

what "audio desync" are you talking about ? that's an indication in Reclock's panel ?

Last edited:
what "audio desync" are you talking about ? that's an indication in Reclock's panel ?
It is called "sync" in Reclock properties screen and in the log e.g.
wave audio sync=1 wait=3028 Y=77033 Ud=76800 size=24576 Ti=632 e=-233 U=-17 freq=47874(+1)
It is the number of millseconds the audio leads or trails the video. If it hits your latency threshold (100ms default with 500ms/20% settings) that is when a sample is dropped.

When I start a video it typically peaks @ about 85ms, which is ugly, but drops over the first minute or so to 0-3ms (my 0-1ms statement before was a bit optimistic!). It occasional peaks @5ms after. It should never get close to the 100ms needed to drop a sample and if it is the lip sync will be horrible regardless of any clicks and pops. Unless that is it is a one sample "glitch" but anyway that should not be happening.

Last edited:
Are you doing any low level tinkering with "quantums" or similar on Vista? I eventually removed "timeres" from my boot.ini. I was not sure but I came to the conclusion that some players anticipate having a certain amount of time at the processor in a go and if you reduce the timeslice sometimes they don't get all they need doing done.

Isn't it ironic that now we have a "chitchat" thread, we seem to be talking almost exclusively about Reclock!

ok got it d4buff.gif, you always discover new stuff w/ Reclock :D

and what is "samp" close to it ?

humm, I guess I should play around with the prebuffer size then instead..I'll try 400ms.

the movie had a 1.5mbit DTS track embedded in a MKV, w/ HMS/KMP in 48.000Hz & "excellent" resampling

now I need to find another +2H movie, and I'll try b19 as you said it was a pretty good build ;)

I just restarted XP, and Reclock is at 6ppm....I think I will permanently migrate to Vista anytime soon :D

I dunno why Reclock got nuts after 2H, maybe coz I set my soundcard latency a big higher(from 128 to 256.... samples I think)
Sounds like you may have a "rogue process". Have you checked you do not have anything that might be doing something, e.g. updating itself, at the time you experienced your glitch?

Are you doing any low level tinkering with "quantums" or similar on Vista? I eventually removed "timeres" from my boot.ini. I was not sure but I came to the conclusion that some players anticipate having a certain amount of time at the processor in a go and if you reduce the timeslice sometimes they don't get all they need doing done.
I've searched extensively through google, HPET renders all this tweaks useless as I understand it.

the granularity is way higher than anything XP will ever be able to reach.

Isn't it ironic that now we have a "chitchat" thread, we seem to be talking almost exclusively about Reclock!
well the other thread is for Reclock bugs, not to clutter James reading time as I see it.
we prolly should have done it a while ago ;)

Sounds like you may have a "rogue process". Have you checked you do not have anything that might be doing something, e.g. updating itself, at the time you experienced your glitch?
well I set them all in low prio on cores 1/2, and KMP in high prio on cores 0/1/2/3

I've disabled all the stuff hidden in the shell w/ AUTORUNS and SHEXVIEW, and I've got the minimum system services running.

no pagefile either.

well I let Reclock learn its timings with the soundcard latency set to 128 samples, and because it was glitching in KS I had to set it to 256...that might also be the reason..

gotta run more tests, but so far me likes it a lot :D

hopefully Haali could force 3x buffering in HR, he told me that he would have some time to work on HR this week probably :)

and what is "samp" close to it ?

humm, I guess I should play around with the prebuffer size then instead..I'll try 400ms.
I believe "samp" is just the size of an audio sample, "packet" if you will - 1 sample per frame = ~43ms @23.976fps. I know the maths doesn't quite work out; Not sure why. They seem to think there are 1024ms in a second or something?!

In my experience dropping the pre-buffer size just worsens audio drops. I tried dropping mine to 200ms with a 50% PCM latency (so still 100ms) and I get constant drops. It is horrible. 400ms @25% seems to work fine, but it hardly seems worth the effort to mess with it.

OK I've just let Vista learn the timings w/ b19 so I can simply pop a disc this evening and play it....everything looks fine

I've also set Reclock to D3D, as I don't wanna have anything to do w/ DDR and GDI on Aero anymore :D

I think even 400ms was giving problems with PDVD, which starts really badly.

I have now gone to 500ms/60%. A low latency is really pointless as all it does is substitute crackles and pops for lipsync problems. If when playing video you have high latency/audio desync you need to fix the cause, not just force Reclock to drop audio.

A high latency figure stops lots of pops and crackles when PDVD starts blu-ray playback. Yes for the first minute lipsync sucks, but frankly that is better. Once running audio sync drops to 0-3ms, like MPC-HC, so all is fine.

hummm, didn't you just say that I shouldn't raise it >20% a few hours ago ? :D

you're talking about the soundcard's latency, or Reclock's prebuffer ? :eek:

when I seek, Reclock does cracks&pops to resync the resampling I guess.

that's what happened yesterday after playing HIDALGO for 2H straight.....not sure wth happened :confused:

I will try to find a +2H movie to watch this evening, but I really enjoy not having to seek a zillion times to catch the damn VSYNC train properly anymore :p

Last edited:
hummm, didn't you just say that I shouldn't raise it >20% a few hours ago ? :D
Fair comment!

But what I was trying to say is if you are doing it because you are getting latencies like that after the first minute or so you have a more serious issue to fix. If you are doing it because it reduces pops and crackles in the first few seconds it makes sense.

hehe, ok ;)

well I got a HDTV copy of Inside Man w/ 1.5mbit DTS, and I remember that I had to raise it to 30% to avoid constant glitches every 10" / 1.7b4

it didn't impair w/ the AV sync, it was like the frames were too big or sumthing

just like Gabest MKV splitter that does random silences on 1.5mbit DTS

anyway, today's test was useless..........I fell asleep in the middle of the movie :D

hey buddy, did you ever play around w/ ZP ?

I'm getting sick of KMP randomly freezing on shutdown, and apparently it happens on some systems.........because of ffdshow :mad:

they advise to use the internal decoders, but well you can't set profiles and there's no avisynth filter.

and because KMP has stolen code from MPC & ffd, noone wants to support it properly on doom9.

anyway, I've read on Haali's website that ZP was natively supported...

and it's FS OSD is apparently D3D(it also disables HR OSD) :

I've tried to seek many times on XP, and it seems to enforce the VSYNC pretty impressively :eek:

a wild guess would be that it's got a much better presenter than MPC/KMP..

Last edited:
and it's FS OSD is apparently D3D(it also disables HR OSD)
? Where did you read this?

I'm using ZP, with VRM7, but I've never thought that the FS OSD was done in D3D, even more so considering that when you use the D3D Exclusive mode you lose all forms of OSD (even worse than MPC-HC).

Back