• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Zero-time 'Titles': necessary?

Pallando

I've backed-up many DVDs using AnyDVD. In most there are a few "Titles" (as listed in the right-side menu) with times of 1 or 0 seconds. I usually include them figuring they must be used for something.

I'm backing-up a disk now with about ninety 0:00 sec titles. What are these and should I include them in my back-up?
Thanks,
Pallando

Last edited:
I've backed-up many DVDs using AnyDVD. In most there are a few "Titles" (as listed in the right-side menu) with times of 1 or 0 seconds.

Which menu?

Sorry- meant WINDOW, not MENU.

Sorry, meant "window", not menu. (The right side of the main title-select screen of CloneDVD2)

Last edited:
Some "zero time" titles are extra feature information sheets, such as cast bios and the like. Others are blank while others are annoying clips such as warning clips.

How I decide to keep or remove those titles from my backup is to select each title and see what shows in the preview window. A little more work, but I get to see what titles I want to keep and which ones get deleted. The majority of "zero time" titles I delete.

Thanks. Same-same here for the non-zero-time titles. They should be checked-out like you say because some have actual scenes they've added at final edit, but most are trailers or warnings. But the zero-timers have nada data inside. I have no idea what they're for, but you're saying they aren't critical for DVD play. So I won't add those 90 check marks and get my carpel-tunnel acting up again. I'll let you know if there are any problems.

I have no idea what they're for, but you're saying they aren't critical for DVD play. So I won't add those 90 check marks and get my carpel-tunnel acting up again. I'll let you know if there are any problems.

I speculate they are artifacts from the decrypting AnyDVD does, but frankly I really don't care. In my experience "zero time" titles are not critical for playback, removing them shouldn't make an unplayable backup. They are just nice to have if they are part of special/extra features you might want to view at a later time.

When you have so many titles you want to deselect an easier way to do it is right click in the title selection window and choose "invert all". That deselects all currently selected titles so you can go back and choose which titles you want to back up. Or deselect which titles you want to keep and then do the invert all action.

Right click in Slysoft software is indeed "your friend".

I've had this happen

When there's a TV series on disc, the zero-time titles are sometimes necessary to view the episodes separately --- otherwise you're forced to use the PLAY ALL feature on your backup.

When there's a TV series on disc, the zero-time titles are sometimes necessary to view the episodes separately --- otherwise you're forced to use the PLAY ALL feature on your backup.

I back up a lot of TV series and in my experience I have never had such a problem occur on playback after removing zero-time titles. I nearly always play back individual episodes vs. using "play all".

Is it possible? Yes, but I sure haven't run across any that exhibit that behavior.

Agreed --- it's rare, but it HAS happened with me. I just felt that those interested might wish to be aware of the possibility.

Some zero-time titles are necessary for navigation. They dont affect the compression rates so I kept them.

Back